gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:00:37 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson animation  (Read 20663 times)
dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2012, 09:33:55 AM »

Hi folks!  I'm Del and I'm new here.  Been obsessed with BB for a while, Brian especially, and always wanted to make some cool animation in his honor.  Something that would encompass his whole life, career, the world, and everything.  Well, this is the start of that, still totally in progress.... and you can help turn it into something truly awesome! 

(move the mouse left and right slowly over the image to age Brian from 20 years old to 70.  He will sing to you as it happens   Cheesy   )

http://dellydel.com/brianwilson/brianwilson.html

The lip synch isn't finished, the song doesn't' play till the end, I need to work on some cool backgrounds, he might properly "morph" from one phase to the other eventually, like, his hair will slowly grow longer, etc.

I'd like everyone's input as far as what you think looks good, what doesn't look good, which Brian looks are your favorite, which classic Brian looks I'm missing, do I have a particular look showing for the wrong year, etc.  On the upper left you can see the year of the Brian you're looking at.  Did I get all the fat phases right?  I hadn't even realized until looking thru this board that he became so big in the mid 90s!  Geezus how the hell did that happen.   Did I get the beards right?  Am I missing any great classic outfits?

I don't know what the point of this project will be in the end, if I get crazy ambitious I could have a number of song options for him to sing, or I could even draw the other Beach Boys thru the years.  Drawing all of Mike's hats would be a hoot and a half!  If the stars align I would like to someday contact Brian's people and he'll see this and hire me to make a music video or something.  And then we'll be best buddies and write songs together!  Oh-oh Landy territory here..

So anyhoo.... thoughts?
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 09:39:54 AM »

I can't think of any critiques right now because currently my jaw is dropped and I think this is the most awesome thing anyone has ever created.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 11:08:26 AM »

Fantastic! And very difficult to do I think, as BW's looks did change quite heavily through the ages.
beatbabe69
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 01:55:34 PM »

This is the most adorable thing I have ever seen! Cool Guy
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 02:20:59 PM »

That's very cool. Somebody should show it to Brian, I bet he'd get a kick out of it.

No mas, por favor.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 03:13:18 AM »

My personal favourite part is how '88's eyes slowly slide  LOL

Needless to say, this rocks!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, 08:02:02 AM »

Thanks guys!  Ok, I need some help with some photos now! 

What year is this picture from:

http://dellydel.com/brianwilson/1983.jpg

82 or 83?  When was Brian his biggest size in the 80s, probably 82?  Maybe that picture is 82, cuz this one is def. from 83...

http://dellydel.com/brianwilson/brian_landy_1983.jpg

Did he really go from 300 lbs to this in less than a year??  That's impressive. 

So then, what year is this sad Brian from:

http://dellydel.com/brianwilson/tumblr_m41bt0SNqa1qhzyl1o1_500.jpg

is this a step in between the previous two phases?  Or is this him getting bigger again after 83?  Not that he ever got very big again in the 80s.

And finally, does anyone have any pictures of Brian being super big in the mid 90s?  I found some from his wedding, some from that magazine cover story with Van Dyke Parks, but none as horrifying as this one:

http://dellydel.com/brianwilson/brian_big.jpg

Holy moly!  Does anyone have any more from that period, or a better version of that shot?

Thanks!!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2012, 09:11:23 AM »

Ha! I really LOVE this. Nice work. I can't wait to see it when it is finished.
TerryWogan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 11:06:48 AM »

This is so good. Smiley
dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2012, 03:52:52 PM »

Those pictures of Brian with Landy are crazy.  I can't believe he dropped so much weight so fast.  Here's a video of that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-K-n5op9nI&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL0E9F88A725609C89

Freaky.  But he looks great in spite of being a little bit Stepford Husband.
dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2012, 04:02:31 PM »

Btw, I've updated the animation, with a few new great looks.  Can't believe I forgot his classic "BRIAN" shirt!  Smiley   Check it out ya'll!  (clear cache if you're not seeing newer stuff)

http://dellydel.com/brianwilson/brianwilson.html

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 05:59:00 AM »

Hey, something's the matter with it - I think you left BW's beard on by mistake in some of the 80's ones, and when you go to 85 and move your mouse right, BW's beard just disappears but the outfit and year stay the same!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 11:01:06 AM »

Hey, something's the matter with it - I think you left BW's beard on by mistake in some of the 80's ones, and when you go to 85 and move your mouse right, BW's beard just disappears but the outfit and year stay the same!

In one or two of them, everything stays the same but Brian's beard just gets bigger!  LOL

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 06:12:29 PM »

Not to forget it was around June 1980 when BW had his hair parted in the middle like his brothers, next no beard with his hair combed from the side.  Then a couple of weeks later at the 4th of July the beard was back Wink Brian had more disguises than the Jackall  Afro
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 06:25:56 PM by Slow In Brain » Logged

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2012, 02:48:08 AM »

The 1982 Brian was more obese and the hair lank and greasy Razz

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2012, 07:26:00 AM »

Cool, thanks for the tips everyone!  I'll keep working on it in my downtime, but yeah, you might find a few bugs here and there.  If you're just seeing the beard get bigger it probably means I just haven't gotten around to making the rest of him get bigger too Smiley

Oh and Hypehat... it's mid 85 that he shaves his beard for good... I think.  He had it for the Live Aid performance, but it was gone by the next music video.  But I'll probably change his outfit too.

Oh and Slow in the Brain... do you have any pictures of Brian in 1980 with his hair parted in the middle and his beard barely there?
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2012, 01:56:37 PM »

Absolutely incredible, thanks for posting

Love the transition from the cool Today! era to the Geeky/Hipster Pet Sounds era then to the bearded SMiLE era..

wow, he was on fire then
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 01:59:29 PM by Slim Shady » Logged

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2012, 02:22:14 PM »

Absolutely amazing ! Please develop this theme (don't know how long it takes) ... but just imagine a group version performing GV !!!

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2012, 07:43:02 PM »

Cool, thanks for the tips everyone!  I'll keep working on it in my downtime, but yeah, you might find a few bugs here and there.  If you're just seeing the beard get bigger it probably means I just haven't gotten around to making the rest of him get bigger too Smiley

Oh and Hypehat... it's mid 85 that he shaves his beard for good... I think.  He had it for the Live Aid performance, but it was gone by the next music video.  But I'll probably change his outfit too.

Oh and Slow in the Brain... do you have any pictures of Brian in 1980 with his hair parted in the middle and his beard barely there?

1980 Brian I will hunt around for some images...1982 obese Brian there are photos in his "autobiography"...1985 Brian the beard was gone prior to Live Aid

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 12:28:28 AM »

This is the best thing ever.  It was pure luck that I dropped by this section--I never usually visit here.  Glad I did!
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 01:35:00 AM »

So amazing! Can't wait to see the final version!
And looking forward to the same for all the BB in one single animation (but using much less intervals of course. Maybe 2 per decade or so).  Grin

dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 08:06:59 AM »

Thanks guys!

Malc... it takes a long time!  It's sorta making me crazy.  It's hard to not attempt to be obsessively accurate.  I might shelf this for 40 years.  Smiley    I wanna make Brian sing other songs too, and if I bring in the other guys then some better full-group song like GV...

STE... I really wanna add the other boys, but then I'm not sure how I would handle Carl and Dennis' death, and then whether I should include Blondie and Ricky as well, etc.  It would be cool if like... it starts with five sillhouettes, then they gain color and shape and you see it's the 5 boys.  Then as time passes, if someone dies they just fade out of the picture, if someone new joins they fade into the picture, or something. 
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 08:27:42 AM »

What to do with Dennis and Carl as they pass on?

Just look up.

dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2012, 08:12:46 PM »

Can't somebody sneak poor Bruce into that image? Smiley  Just an ear?
dellydel
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2012, 09:18:06 AM »

Hey gang!  I've got an update to show!  Lots more Brians, lots more detail, better outfits, better Old Brian hairstyles, etc etc.

Please lemme know your thoughts!  Is '82 Brian too disgustingly fat and greasy?  Is late 80s Brian too anorexic?  I finally split his hair in the middle like he briefly wore in... '81 ish?  And I shaved him for his brief shaved phase in '80 (Kenilworth).  Keep in mind it's still totally a work in progress!  Thanks!

http://dellydel.com/brianwilson/brian%20wilson2.html
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx