gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:51:15 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The e-Collaboration Thread (Prayer, Little Bird, Soulful Old Man Sunshine)  (Read 160875 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: July 05, 2013, 04:19:31 AM »

It was the weird phasing thing on the 'come and let me get a little bit closer to you' line, the tuning didn't bother me!

If you feel like doing a lead for something, you could check the Slip On Through track up the thread? I want an R&B type lead!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 05, 2013, 05:28:16 AM »

It was the weird phasing thing on the 'come and let me get a little bit closer to you' line, the tuning didn't bother me!

If you feel like doing a lead for something, you could check the Slip On Through track up the thread? I want an R&B type lead!

Oh hell yeah!!! That track is sweeet! Love the disco / 80's thing going on.

And gotcha re: lead. Will check it out & fix it.

We gotta do the harmonies on "Soulful" too...
zachrwolfe
« Reply #702 on: July 05, 2013, 10:59:11 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:59:27 PM by zatch » Logged
egon spengler
« Reply #703 on: July 05, 2013, 11:50:20 AM »

Oh hell yeah!!! That track is sweeet! Love the disco / 80's thing going on.

And gotcha re: lead. Will check it out & fix it.

We gotta do the harmonies on "Soulful" too...

Did Adam ever end up sending out his arrangement to anyone?

I never ended up finishing anything other than the intro  Embarrassed
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 05, 2013, 05:38:28 PM »

I'm sure it can be done without a full transcription of the OG vocal arrangement. I understand the pressures of the working life all too well  Cry

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

zachrwolfe
« Reply #705 on: July 05, 2013, 05:39:52 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:59:24 PM by zatch » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 05, 2013, 05:42:23 PM »

I'm sure it can be done without a full transcription of the OG vocal arrangement. I understand the pressures of the working life all too well  Cry

Pardon my ignorance. What is OG?

Haha, OG means 'original gangsta', I just meant it didn't have to be a totally accurate transcription of the vocal lines, seeing as I took a different approach to the track!

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 05, 2013, 05:43:53 PM »

Seltaeb, think Pharrell on the Slip On Through lead. This is a good and true rule for life, tbh. The world needs more Skateboard P.

zachrwolfe
« Reply #708 on: July 05, 2013, 05:48:17 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:59:20 PM by zatch » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: July 05, 2013, 06:05:42 PM »

IMO, Mike's bass riff works with the track - I play the lick on the bass, for one - but it needs a softer approach that isn't on the original track. Maybe J's vocal is just cool on it's own. I wish I was a better vocalist so I could lay down some ideas...

egon spengler
« Reply #710 on: July 11, 2013, 07:37:04 AM »

Goin' On just came up on iTunes and I got a serious hankering to do it e-collab style. I'm forcing myself to finish the SOMS harmonies first, but GO's next on my queue.

seltaeb, if you're not already too in demand, I'm totally hearing you on Carl's parts during the breaks. dmcguire kinda fell off the face of the earth, but I'd love to hear his faux Brian replace the original's gravely Brian.
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 11, 2013, 07:43:53 AM »

Goin' On just came up on iTunes and I got a serious hankering to do it e-collab style. I'm forcing myself to finish the SOMS harmonies first, but GO's next on my queue.

seltaeb, if you're not already too in demand, I'm totally hearing you on Carl's parts during the breaks. dmcguire kinda fell off the face of the earth, but I'd love to hear his faux Brian replace the original's gravely Brian.

That would be cool to hear.

And yeah, I'm totally down for that. Good call on "Goin' On"!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 11, 2013, 07:51:20 AM »

That's a great idea. Maybe we can lose the sax and put something cool in it's place - bass harmonica?!?!? Shocked

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
zachrwolfe
« Reply #713 on: July 11, 2013, 11:29:14 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:57:58 PM by zatch » Logged
zachrwolfe
« Reply #714 on: July 11, 2013, 02:59:57 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:57:54 PM by zatch » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 12, 2013, 05:19:08 PM »

That's a great idea. Maybe we can lose the sax and put something cool in it's place - bass harmonica?!?!? Shocked

Metal shredding! Rock!

loooooool yes

I'd love a part in Goin' On - maybe just the Brian bits in the verse? Give me an excuse to kick my voice into shape.

Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #716 on: July 13, 2013, 07:22:46 AM »

hey guys, pulling the recording equipment outta storage again next week, send me on anything that needs a vocal

zachrwolfe
« Reply #717 on: July 13, 2013, 09:21:17 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:57:29 PM by zatch » Logged
egon spengler
« Reply #718 on: July 20, 2013, 06:09:36 AM »

Hey mod(s).. Any chance we could get an e-collab sub-forum? I feel like a few of the projects we have going are getting lost in the shuffle, and folks who showed some interest in contributing may not know what we have in the works when the thread starts to move too fast. Just a thought.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #719 on: July 20, 2013, 09:10:48 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:55:29 PM by zatch » Logged
Jurrasic Mark
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: July 22, 2013, 08:28:30 AM »

All of my recording stuff is in storage but planning to get it back over the next couple of weeks. Im a drummer with everything imaginable.. Also play guitar/piano/bass/sing.. Smiley

Goin On. What a great shout.
zachrwolfe
« Reply #721 on: July 22, 2013, 08:29:31 AM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:55:01 PM by zatch » Logged
Jurrasic Mark
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 22, 2013, 02:21:43 PM »

All of my recording stuff is in storage but planning to get it back over the next couple of weeks. Im a drummer with everything imaginable.. Also play guitar/piano/bass/sing.. Smiley

Goin On. What a great shout.

Do you have wire brushes?

Yep. Smiley
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: July 27, 2013, 07:25:46 PM »

I think I'm comfortable enough that I would want to do backup vocals. Range is probably mid to high and could hit falsetto if I really practiced hard at it.

Only problem is I don't have an external mic right now.  It could be in about four different locations. Will check tomorrow at the storage near us
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #724 on: August 08, 2013, 06:20:25 PM »

Hey mod(s).. Any chance we could get an e-collab sub-forum? I feel like a few of the projects we have going are getting lost in the shuffle, and folks who showed some interest in contributing may not know what we have in the works when the thread starts to move too fast. Just a thought.
Good idea.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx