gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 01:57:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The e-Collaboration Thread (Prayer, Little Bird, Soulful Old Man Sunshine)  (Read 160915 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 17, 2012, 06:20:26 AM »

Then hit me up with the notes, sir  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
egon spengler
« Reply #401 on: November 17, 2012, 06:45:49 AM »

Then hit me up with the notes, sir  Grin

Here ya go--I posted them on soundcloud:

Great! Thanks to everyone for volunteering so quickly! I've uploaded a pair of mp3s for each vocal line in Our Prayer, one with the vocal line panned hard right so you can hear it "isolated," and one with the vocal line muted so you can practice without it. You can download each mp3 by clicking the little "down arrow" on the right on the soundcloud page. Anyone who's interested, pick a line that you're most comfortable singing, record away (preferably double-tracked), and send it my way.  

http://soundcloud.com/addsomemusicproject/sets/our-prayer/

I don't want to clog up the board with separate threads, but I'm afraid stuff is going to get lost in here.. I wonder if a sub-forum is possible?
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 17, 2012, 06:52:57 AM »

Cheers muchly, will see if I can do it today!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 17, 2012, 06:58:21 AM »

I'm having some mic issues right now. I should be able to knock out Dennis' parts today though. Hopefully.

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
egon spengler
« Reply #404 on: November 17, 2012, 09:24:38 AM »

I'm having some mic issues right now. I should be able to knock out Dennis' parts today though. Hopefully.
Great! Can't wait to add it to the mix.

Hypehat, I'm working on guide vox for Soulful Old Man Sunshine this weekend. Couple questions: do you want the intro to have the vocals on top of the music, or would a slower acapella intro like the original be okay? And would you mind if I took a shot at adding some more bg vox throughout the second verse and choruses, or do you want to stick with the original arrangement?
egon spengler
« Reply #405 on: November 17, 2012, 02:45:19 PM »

Little taste of how SOMS is shaping up.. I'll pass out the separate vocal lines once I've finished them all (which may not be this weekend, but I'll do my best).Disclaimer: this is a crazily rough mix--just plopped the vocals in with a little reverb.

http://soundcloud.com/addsomemusicproject/early-soms-intro-mixdown
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 02:49:39 PM by egon spengler » Logged
dmcguire70
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 17, 2012, 08:10:28 PM »

Missed this totally! Do you need a Mike?
Definitely need a Mike--but anyone who wants to can join in on any part they want, even if we've already got someone covering it already! I'd like to get as many voices as possible on this one to get a huge choral feel.

Id be happy to help. Smiley

"I loaned you money when the funds weren't too cool"

"The ocean scares me."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1976
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #407 on: November 18, 2012, 04:17:56 AM »

Little taste of how SOMS is shaping up.. I'll pass out the separate vocal lines once I've finished them all (which may not be this weekend, but I'll do my best).Disclaimer: this is a crazily rough mix--just plopped the vocals in with a little reverb.

Love it!

egon spengler
« Reply #408 on: November 18, 2012, 04:28:35 AM »

Missed this totally! Do you need a Mike?
Definitely need a Mike--but anyone who wants to can join in on any part they want, even if we've already got someone covering it already! I'd like to get as many voices as possible on this one to get a huge choral feel.

Id be happy to help. Smiley

Great! Feel free to take as many parts as you'd like. I know you're familiar with this one, but I posted guide vocals a few posts up for everyone to record over for timing purposes. Actually though, I recorded mine on top of the 20/20 recording--so if you've already done that too, you might not even need to redo anything.

Love it!

Thanks! I'm gonna try to do my Little Bird parts soon too so your leads get some more company.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 19, 2012, 06:29:43 AM »

Oh my god, I will never badmouth Mike Love again as long as I live. Those Our Prayer lines are destroying me. Should get them to you today, at what cost to my sanity...

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 19, 2012, 06:37:04 AM »

Also, that SOMS bit sounds bitching! Great stuff. Finally good enough at bass to lay down a part, will give it all a remix and sh*t.

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 19, 2012, 02:45:44 PM »

Don't forget about our "Stevie"! I was under the impression we were close to done with that one.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
egon spengler
« Reply #412 on: November 19, 2012, 02:57:47 PM »

Don't forget about our "Stevie"! I was under the impression we were close to done with that one.
Oh man, I was MIA for so long I didn't even realize we were making progress on that one. Should I try to work up some background vocals?
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 19, 2012, 03:47:26 PM »

No mate, you're good - Seltaeb has done all that, but I don't know whether everyone has sung them?

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 19, 2012, 04:03:39 PM »

Oh man, I was MIA for so long I didn't even realize we were making progress on that one. Should I try to work up some background vocals?

Sorry Egon - I should have specified that comment wasn't directed at you! I know Seltaeb got hypehat's lead and most if not all of the b/g vox - and FOTM did a very rough mix to see how they were shaping up and it sounded good at that time.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #415 on: November 19, 2012, 05:31:38 PM »

I thought I had done the lead after someone pulled out?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 20, 2012, 02:08:48 AM »

No, I'm still on lead, right? It's all done and sent to Seltaeb.... speaking of which, where is Seltaeb?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 02:42:16 AM by hypehat » Logged

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 20, 2012, 03:05:23 AM »

BTW, Egon - check yr PMs, sent the Prayer bass parts. I'm not crazy about them, but can you use them?

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 12, 2012, 12:32:24 PM »

I think this deserves a bump.

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 12, 2012, 02:48:49 PM »

Agreed, how's Prayer?

seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: December 12, 2012, 03:19:31 PM »

Sup everyone, hope u all are having a great end of the year

Hypehat, did I send u the Soulful vocal yet?? Can't wait to hear that one with bass. The vocal arrangement demo was sounding pretty incredible!!

I've been outta the loop. Still gotta lay down my vocal on Prayer.

& I think we still need a few harmonies on Stevie.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 13, 2012, 02:01:51 AM »

Good to have you back!

I didn't get the vocal from you, no - I've done some remixing on the track and even put the bass on (finally!) so it's ready once Egon can dish out the parts!

One thing I meant to ask - is there something up with my Stevie vocal? On the 'come and get a little bit closer' line it goes a bit funny, wondered if you did some editing on it. I can re-record that line if necessary!

seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 13, 2012, 08:08:09 AM »

Good to have you back!

I didn't get the vocal from you, no - I've done some remixing on the track and even put the bass on (finally!) so it's ready once Egon can dish out the parts!

One thing I meant to ask - is there something up with my Stevie vocal? On the 'come and get a little bit closer' line it goes a bit funny, wondered if you did some editing on it. I can re-record that line if necessary!

Ok, will prepare it asap. And great - can't wait to hear it with the bass!

I did do a little editing on the vocals.. sorry, it's 2nd nature to me haha, but yeah for sure, if there are any lines you're not happy with - please re-cut away + send em thru!
egon spengler
« Reply #423 on: December 13, 2012, 05:31:35 PM »

Agreed, how's Prayer?

I'm having to take some time to play around with the timing to get it synched up, but it's sounding really nice so far.  I've only got "Brian," "Carl," and "Mike," so I'm gonna shoot PMs to the folks who volunteered in case they missed it when I posted the parts. Seltaeb, you can take the "Dennis" line if you want. But like I said, I want a huge chorus sound, so feel free to take any part you want!

I literally haven't had a chance to power up my mic since I demoed that SOMS intro, but I'm hoping to get some time around the holidays. I'll get those parts out (and record my Little Bird background parts) as soon as I can!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 27, 2013, 03:26:59 PM »

One month + bump!

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 31 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx