gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:44:43 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The e-Collaboration Thread (Prayer, Little Bird, Soulful Old Man Sunshine)  (Read 160894 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 07, 2012, 02:59:10 PM »

Are requests being made for more covers for the album? I was thinking "Amusement Parks, U.S.A" since
that one isn't covered too often

So long as you, or someone else is willing to do a cover, it should be done! I'm doing a couple more for FOTM and Beets By Dre (stellar new username) but we really haven't locked a tracklist down. Just keep calling them until we get an album, I suppose?

(Cracking sax work on Stevie BTW)

I'd pester Egohanger, it'd work with his garagey sound imo and he's been far too modest on this thread  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 07, 2012, 03:49:15 PM »

Hopefully you guys like my parts, I can re do them to be played better thats mostly just to show what I mean

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 07, 2012, 04:05:50 PM »

Are requests being made for more covers for the album? I was thinking "Amusement Parks, U.S.A" since

So long as you, or someone else is willing to do a cover, it should be done! I'm doing a couple more for FOTM and Beets By Dre (stellar new username) but we really haven't locked a tracklist down. Just keep calling them until we get an album, I suppose?

I'd pester Egohanger, it'd work with his garagey sound imo and he's been far too modest on this thread  Grin

Personally, Amusement Parks USA is not one of my faves at all, but I'll sing ANYTHING! Smiley Actually, it might be cool to give it a full on Brian circa-60s lead, as opposed to the way Mike sings about half on the original. Not that there's anything wrong with his lead, he's great. I think that old saying applies here, make a track and I shall sing!

@Hype - Garagey sound? How dare you, sir. I make full, grandiose, audiophile Pet Sounds and Smile productions in my bedroom in my bathrobe while eating snacks! For the lurve of Melinda, this isn's right at all. I am the next B-dub! (poor attempt at a joke).

@FOTM - I didn't get a chance to d/l and hear what you've done. I'll probably forget. But, in general, you have good taste, and quoting from the brilliant track that is Let Him Run Wild couldn't possibly turn out bad.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 04:17:10 PM by EgoHanger1966 » Logged

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #278 on: October 07, 2012, 07:37:58 PM »

I'd pester Egohanger, it'd work with his garagey sound imo and he's been far too modest on this thread  Grin

Personally, Amusement Parks USA is not one of my faves at all, but I'll sing ANYTHING! Smiley Actually, it might be cool to give it a full on Brian circa-60s lead, as opposed to the way Mike sings about half on the original. Not that there's anything wrong with his lead, he's great. I think that old saying applies here, make a track and I shall sing!

@Hype - Garagey sound? How dare you, sir. I make full, grandiose, audiophile Pet Sounds and Smile productions in my bedroom in my bathrobe while eating snacks! For the lurve of Melinda, this isn's right at all. I am the next B-dub! (poor attempt at a joke).

@FOTM - I didn't get a chance to d/l and hear what you've done. I'll probably forget. But, in general, you have good taste, and quoting from the brilliant track that is Let Him Run Wild couldn't possibly turn out bad.

Thanks for the compliment, hypehat! Glad you like it! Smiley

Okay, sounds great! Neat idea, I'll get to working on the track, thanks! Smiley
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 07:02:54 PM by Don't Back Down » Logged

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 07, 2012, 09:21:50 PM »

Did some more "final" bvs

New Mike Harms: http://www.sendspace.com/file/66cbyb

New LHRM parts: http://www.sendspace.com/file/f6rlnm

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 08, 2012, 07:06:57 AM »

Working on a string quartet for Kiss Me Baby using the acapella as a guide.... Man, I love working with The Beach Boys  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 08, 2012, 08:33:25 AM »

I was sitting in class this morning and had the wildest idea for Amusement Parks. Sing a variation of H&V/Bicycle Rider theme over the instrumental break.

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 08, 2012, 08:46:26 AM »

YES.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 08, 2012, 09:00:39 AM »

That is a fucking banging idea.

Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: October 08, 2012, 09:23:35 AM »

I was sitting in class this morning and had the wildest idea for Amusement Parks. Sing a variation of H&V/Bicycle Rider theme over the instrumental break.

I am totally down with that

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 08, 2012, 09:40:25 AM »

Everything sounds great guys! Just waiting on vocals from Rab & Austin and our little frankenstein will be complete.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 08, 2012, 09:43:29 AM »

Everything sounds great guys! Just waiting on vocals from Rab & Austin and our little frankenstein will be complete.

We need to make a picture sleeve for this single! LOL

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 08, 2012, 09:53:22 AM »

Did this for giggles: http://soundcloud.com/mikeleroymusic/stevie-backing-vocals

Man it sounds amazing

EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 08, 2012, 10:00:41 AM »

Did this for giggles: http://soundcloud.com/mikeleroymusic/stevie-backing-vocals

Man it sounds amazing

I'd say that sounds really legit in several places. Not digging the be-doo-dahs so much, but the pure harmony was righteous.

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 08, 2012, 10:10:12 AM »

Yeah if you guys don't like that it can be easily cut out by the editor

seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 08, 2012, 10:16:07 AM »

Man it sounds amazing

I'd say that sounds really legit in several places. Not digging the be-doo-dahs so much, but the pure harmony was righteous.

Agreed. I'm also hearing an off key note in the harmonies now. I think they were cool as they were. A bass part isn't necessary either. I actually tried it originally but it felt like I was just doing it to "do it". Didn't really add anything to the arrangement.

So what else we got? I like the idea of doing My Diane. Did anyone start that yet?
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 08, 2012, 10:17:48 AM »

where is it? Is it me Tongue

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 08, 2012, 11:01:22 AM »

Who wants to sing on Kiss Me Baby? Have arranged it for strings/bass/fingerpicking guitar (if I can play the fucking part on take 4,970, but should be done after that - maybe slight percussion) and of course, lovely harmonies. FOTM has snagged the lead, and I'd quite like Dennis' part. Do we have a Mike, Carl & Al in the house?

Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: October 08, 2012, 11:06:32 AM »

Who wants to sing on Kiss Me Baby? Have arranged it for strings/bass/fingerpicking guitar (if I can play the f***ing part on take 4,970, but should be done after that - maybe slight percussion) and of course, lovely harmonies. FOTM has snagged the lead, and I'd quite like Dennis' part. Do we have a Mike, Carl & Al in the house?

I'd be down for Mike!

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 08, 2012, 11:09:58 AM »

Totally down for doing it! But I need a day or two - I have a cold and my throat is somewhat sore...

But I will try to get them to you in the next few days. The backing track sounds amazing btw!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 08, 2012, 11:14:14 AM »

Totally down for doing it! But I need a day or two - I have a cold and my throat is somewhat sore...

But I will try to get them to you in the next few days. The backing track sounds amazing btw!

Sorry to hear about the cold, def that time of year. Sounds great, looking forward to hearing. And thanks!

Who wants to sing on Kiss Me Baby? Have arranged it for strings/bass/fingerpicking guitar (if I can play the f***ing part on take 4,970, but should be done after that - maybe slight percussion) and of course, lovely harmonies. FOTM has snagged the lead, and I'd quite like Dennis' part. Do we have a Mike, Carl & Al in the house?

Nice! I'd be down to do a little sangin.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #296 on: October 08, 2012, 11:44:32 AM »

I'm a bit under the weather myself Sad

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 08, 2012, 11:48:47 AM »

I'm a bit under the weather myself Sad

Oh sh*t sorry dude, forgot I need your Carl 2 part in there too! Get better soon bud.

By the way, I saw a masseuse this morning. Might have to throw a cover of Marcella in the mix  Cool Guy
Austin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 08, 2012, 01:02:28 PM »

Wow -- I was just listening to the BW demo before I saw this thread and pondering a cover, so what a pleasant surprise!

I'm remote from any microphones that aren't a laptop for the next several days. I would love to sing the part when I'm back again, but if somebody needs/wants to take the part before then, that's totally cool.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 08, 2012, 02:21:49 PM »

I can do Al (that's what Mrs. Jardine said), unless someone else would like to.

Can you make the bass and guitar all Pet Sounds-y? The plucking style, I mean. Don't really know how to describe that...I also have a vintage 60s snare. If you need some Hal Blaine-esque drum rolls, lemme know.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 02:24:30 PM by EgoHanger1966 » Logged

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 31 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx