gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:20:23 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 50: Cuthbert Amphitheatre - Eugene, OR 7/14/12  (Read 52680 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 17, 2012, 11:07:27 AM »

Mike looks great, not a day over 60

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 17, 2012, 11:27:25 AM »

Facebook:

Al looks so great in these photos....  Smiley And 10-20 years younger.

Agreed, he looks much younger than his actual age of 130.

Not sure why some people seem to think these continual age "jokes" even approach being funny or clever; in my opinion, the comments themselves got old really fast. May have something to do with my age, I suppose. In any event, I couldn't care less how any of them look.  As has been continually stated, Al still sounds great every night. His presence in the tour has been invaluable.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 11:29:57 AM by SonoraDick » Logged
JanBerryFarm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 17, 2012, 11:38:53 AM »

Facebook:

Al looks so great in these photos....  Smiley And 10-20 years younger.

Not sure why some people seem to think these continual age "jokes" even approach being funny or clever; in my opinion, the comments themselves got old really fast. May have something to do with my age, I suppose. In any event, I couldn't care less how any of them look.  As has been continually stated, Al still sounds great every night. His presence in the tour has been invaluable.

How is noting that Al looks younger than his age a JOKE ?
What jokes? I don't see any.

~Hawaiian Shirts Are For Barneys~
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 17, 2012, 12:22:45 PM »

Sorry, I didn't realize the statement "he looks much younger than his actual age of 130" was FACTUAL, rather than an attempt at humor. Thanks for pointing out my error.
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 17, 2012, 12:35:30 PM »

I'd love to know what Mike is saying to Al in this picture:

Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 17, 2012, 12:40:05 PM »

This is one of my favorite pictures:

« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:52:29 PM by Bud Shaver » Logged
JanBerryFarm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 17, 2012, 12:57:42 PM »

Sorry, I didn't realize the statement "he looks much younger than his actual age of 130" was FACTUAL, rather than an attempt at humor. Thanks for pointing out my error.

So, you're saying that Al is not 130?

~Hawaiian Shirts Are For Barneys~
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: July 17, 2012, 12:58:27 PM »

"...and then I called him chickensh!t"

Seriously, thanks for the pictures !

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 17, 2012, 12:59:58 PM »

"She's 24 and totally down for it"

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 17, 2012, 01:55:04 PM »

Mike looks great, not a day over 60

Seeing them on stage and backstage up close:

Mike Looks 60 onstage, 70 backstage
Al looks way younger onstage and much older/wrinkled up close.  Real nice guy though. Talked to me alot.
David looked good on stage and late 50's in person, he looked great!
Bruce looked older onstage but much younger face to face.
Brian looked the same both - he looked tired.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 17, 2012, 02:08:44 PM »

I stood right next to Mike when I was getting my pic taken with the group, and his face didn't look old to me. Nary a wrinkle to be seen on his face. You are right on with all the others, though. Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2012, 02:11:58 PM »

Has Mike lost weight too?  He's been looking pretty slim lately as well
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 04:38:59 PM by Justin » Logged
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2012, 04:36:52 PM »

Al would look good if he had only used sunscreen.  He looks like a guy who spent a lot of time outdoors without a hat or high SPF.  His face is youthful but weathering gives him very deep lines. I have a vague suspicion that Mike has had some work done in the past few years.  He looks younger than he did a few years ago.  If not some type of lift, maybe a skin peel. His skin has that shiny type of appearance.  I don't think he should mind someone saying that because if he did have something done, he should be glad someone noticed he had it done, because it's good and subtle if something was done.  If he didn't, then he can congratulate himself for looking naturally what other people have to pay for. 
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 17, 2012, 04:55:27 PM »

"These are hard working, salt of the earth, simple Americans.... You know, morons."

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 17, 2012, 04:58:11 PM »

I was pretty close to Mike and bent down talking to him and his skin looked pretty normal. It didn't look tight or anything like that. So, if he did have anything done, he had a damn good plastic surgeon who didn't go overboard. He looks quite natural.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: July 17, 2012, 05:16:42 PM »

Al would look good if he had only used sunscreen.  He looks like a guy who spent a lot of time outdoors without a hat or high SPF.  His face is youthful but weathering gives him very deep lines. I have a vague suspicion that Mike has had some work done in the past few years.  He looks younger than he did a few years ago.  If not some type of lift, maybe a skin peel. His skin has that shiny type of appearance.  I don't think he should mind someone saying that because if he did have something done, he should be glad someone noticed he had it done, because it's good and subtle if something was done.  If he didn't, then he can congratulate himself for looking naturally what other people have to pay for. 

Al is the only member of the band I've met, and that was back in 2005. Based on my recollection as well as looking at the photos I took and had taken at that time, Al in recent 2012 interviews seems to have aged quite a bit between 2005 and 2012. He didn't seem to have so many of those deep lines in 2005.

I kind of lost touch of paying a lot of attention to Brian on TV or in concert between 2007 (when I last saw him in concert prior to the reunion tour) and now, and he seems to have aged more than five years would normally seem.

They kind of all have, and that's probably because, well, they're old dudes. It's cool, it's how it's supposed to be. They all seem pretty energetic and in good voice for a group of five who collectively have almost 350 years.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: July 17, 2012, 05:19:13 PM »

I'm not sure if it makes him look older or younger, but in the last few years Al has also let his hair grow longer. I think it kind of makes him look older and slightly more unkempt.  LOL  Al's cool in my book. He put down his chocolate ice cream cone in 2005 to talk to me and take pictures!

At least he dispensed with the awful ponytail from the mid 90's.  LOL

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
KittyKat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 17, 2012, 05:27:22 PM »

Mike just might look younger from shaving off the white beard, come to think of it.  His face is less saggy compared to say, Brian's, but the difference could be higher cheekbones holding things up better and less weight fluctuations over time.  Brian is proof that facelifts don't last forever, especially with up and down weight.
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 17, 2012, 06:21:38 PM »

Mike letting 'Little Mike' have the mic.

Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 17, 2012, 06:46:09 PM »

Mike letting 'Little Mike' have the mic.

oh god  Grin  LOL
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2012, 08:15:58 PM »

Mike just might look younger from shaving off the white beard, come to think of it.  His face is less saggy compared to say, Brian's, but the difference could be higher cheekbones holding things up better and less weight fluctuations over time.  Brian is proof that facelifts don't last forever, especially with up and down weight.

Through his life, Mike's looked older than he was... Up until around the time he turned 65. He started to -handsomely- looke his age. And now that he is 70s, not being wrinkled and having lost some weight, he is starting to look even younger.

Al, even if wrinkled, has kept a somewhat youthful appearance that nicely matches his ageless voice.

Bruce is always jovial. David agile and younger.

And Brian... looks his age, I think, but then all of a sudden he appears to be a giant teenager or kid. I had this impression when I saw him appear on stage a couple months ago. Suddenly this bear of a man appears 20 feet from me and in his eyes and appearance you could ser the guy in those GV videos. He defies age in his own peculiar way.

At Bonnaroo I think Mike said something like "we'll never grow up, and neither will you". He's onto something.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
vegenergy
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2012, 12:09:00 PM »

First-time poster here... I'm a long-time BB fan who lives in Eugene, and having the opportunity to see them here in my town last Saturday night was one of the most unexpected, mind-blowing musical highlights of my life. A huge thank you to the local posters who took the time to post photos, videos, and other info here. I never dreamt that I would ever have the opportunity to hear Brian sing IJWMFTT and God Only Knows live with all the surviving members. Found myself getting tears in my eyes many times throughout the evening. Just pure magic! I would love to connect with any local Eugene fans who were at the show, feel free to send me a private message.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx