-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:48:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Guess Who's Back
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Guess Who's Back  (Read 57225 times)
Cabana Boy
« Reply #175 on: April 14, 2006, 08:49:55 AM »

Quote from: Jon
Why the living hell are you folks bringing all this up again??
My thought is: why don't you just let sleeping dogs lie?
Quote from: Ian
f*** you, motherfucker. Read the thread and see who started it. Go to hell.

Cabana Boy
« Reply #176 on: April 14, 2006, 08:57:02 AM »

Cabana Boy
« Reply #177 on: April 14, 2006, 08:59:08 AM »

Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: April 14, 2006, 09:00:13 AM »

Unless somehow you enjoy the conflict?

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Cabana Boy
« Reply #179 on: April 14, 2006, 09:03:47 AM »

Maybe so. I also despise all bullies and cliques. With a passion.
Goofus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2006, 10:13:04 AM »

Sebastian: Please do not invoke my name in an attempt to stir things up again. Your endless misanthropic posts aren't cute. I don't waste time slandering you; please don't do the same to me. Your bile-filled mentions of my name and Jon Hunt's name seems to lead you to believe that you have some deeper insight into our lives, motivations, and beliefs than you really possess. Instead, you're just punk with a computer who thinks of himself as The Greatest Iconoclast Ever who thinks you can say whatever caca comes into your head to anyone. You're dealing with REAL people here.

Things have been set straight with Charles. I am choosing to honor Charle's gesture (see Appreciation Thread by Charles himself) as a sign of good will from here on out.

-John Lane
Cabana Boy
« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2006, 10:36:10 AM »

Instead, you're just punk with a computer who thinks of himself as The Greatest Iconoclast Ever who thinks you can say whatever caca comes into your head to anyone.
Rings a bell.
Cabana Boy
« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2006, 11:19:50 AM »

Instead, you're just punk with a computer who thinks of himself as The Greatest Iconoclast Ever who thinks you can say whatever caca comes into your head to anyone.
I ***love*** that description, BTW. It's spot-on. Except for the "thinking" part. I don't waste much time with that.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 14, 2006, 12:49:06 PM »

They were nasty, cruel and in my opinion constituted harassment.
Nasty and cruel AND cowardly as PM's loaded with pictures of disfigured corpses? Like the ones that scared poor, squeamish John Lane out of his wits that late-May morning in '05? LOL

Awww honey, you remembered!!! That means it's our anniversary next month!

I also despise all bullies and cliques.

You really think I don't?? Cancel my subscription to the resurrection.

More like:

My friend Sebastian, has it occurred to you yet that I am Ethan Edwards and you're Scar? I walk away from the family gatherings into the dust of time and history too, you know. So sing it soft and sexy-Rhonda, and syncopate it next time, baby.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2006, 12:50:12 PM »

Damn, no edit function. Above the pic I posted I was quoting that lovely clown photo from earlier.

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2006, 01:01:16 PM »

Where is Papa?
His is an untethered soul. You gotta let him roam. He's bound to come back around in his own time.

And who is Katie?
Surfergirl7. The one Ian got all inappropriate with!

Hey, could someone find and quote the inappropriate statements I made? And then ask her whether she felt they were?
If so, I will be more than happy to apologise.

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2006, 01:45:03 PM »

I appreciate that everyone....with the exception of the conspicuously absent formerly very popular female contributors............is back.  Even if it involves biting snapping and sniping.
Old Rake
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2006, 01:54:41 PM »

I am posting this to everybody here:

How about we just LET IT DIE?

Sebastian has been trying for weeks to try to get a fight started, here. He really, for some reason, wants one, badly. I for one have no interest in giving it to him, and continuing the conflict. John, I know, feels the same, and Chuck I've spoken to at length, and he feels the same, too. We're all dropping the conflict here and now, and are trying our damndest to get on. Ian, I can only assume you feel the same about this endless nonsense -- it's distracting and stupid, and we should just drop it and get back to what we're on these boards to do -- talk about MUSIC.

So I'm saying it here and now: how about we all lay down our weapons, bury the damn hatchet, leave the battlefield, and if anybody wants to stay around and fire rounds into the air, let 'em.

Deal?
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 14, 2006, 01:57:42 PM »

And just for a rainy Friday afternoon, a cardboard tombstone for the symphony of dissension.

You see, throughout this thing, I haven't been totally honest and upfront about my motivations and "buttons".
Here's the thing, here's me.
When I was 17, my best friend was raped by someone that me and my little "circle" (fucking puke) considered a trusted and cool person. And, la-dee-da, wouldn't you know it, the nice little ritual of blame-the-victim was played out in time-honored fashion, from classmates, "friends", parents and authorities alike. "Man, she gor HIGH with him, they were alone, she let him kiss her, what did she expect", yeah, yeah, blah blah, woof woof. And I was there to witness this and listen to her pain about it. One day, she didn't show up to school, I split, and found her in her bedroom with her wrists slashed. Luckily, it wasn't too late, I called the "authorities", she was patched up, and after a brief stay in a "special place", she came back, bloodied and scarred but back to a semblance of normalcy, school ended, and she is now a HAPPILY married mother of 2 in Suburbia, U.S.A.
And here's the thing, and I'll try not to go on too long:
Even before that, I never really liked men. Just an innate distrust. A lot of it was social, didn't like "guy" things, sports (got into that later), cars, etc. blah blah woof woof. My real friends were girls.
And when that happened, and I saw that everything I suspected was true, that men had an innate hatred and rage toward women, an urge to humiliate and degrade them, that was it for me and guys, really. Since then, don't like them, don't trust them, pretty much across the board.
But I can hide it and "get along" with men on a shallow level, in life and Internet life. But when a situation comes along (and believe me, I know that comparing what happened on the board with the situation I described is totally and completely inaccurate and dangerous), my kneejerk, my BUTTON reaction, is to believe anything the "victim" says. Period. For wrong or for right, that is where my sympathies lie.
And that, I am sure, led to my reaction in this situation. I really can't help it. I don't like, believe, trust or sympathise with men and their side of the story.
And that is wrong, I know. But it is the way it is.
And this is only for the 1 or 2 people enough interested enough to read it, and MAYBE, empathise. For the others, this is not for you. Ignore it, ignore me. Call the doctor.
Sorry to anyone for false accusations and undue rage.
Not everyone is back, Don.
Jeff Mason is not here. Nor is Chance, Monkee Knutz, Andrew, Chris D., Jonathan and many others. The fucking Band T-Shirt wearing brigade. I am no part of it, never was, never will be. They are "friends", but so are you.
Jon, I like Sebastian, and I think his heart is in the right place in some ways. He just has anger, same as me, same as you. And I believe he has the right to express it, wherever he sees fit. That's our one disagreement.
Otherwise, I dig you and your thoughts.

Cabana Boy
« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2006, 01:59:49 PM »

My friend Sebastian, has it occurred to you yet that I am Ethan Edwards and you're Scar? I walk away from the family gatherings into the dust of time and history too, you know. So sing it soft and sexy-Rhonda, and syncopate it next time, baby.
Only if I can rewrite it so I off Martin, instead.
I do think you are as great as you are awfully mean. So there.
xxsebsxx
Cabana Boy
« Reply #190 on: April 14, 2006, 02:01:00 PM »

Sebastian has been trying for weeks to try to get a fight started, here.
Bull. But I don't mind! Talk bull!
Old Rake
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 14, 2006, 02:20:30 PM »

And I believe he has the right to express it, wherever he sees fit.

Sure, why not?

Alright. I offer this, then. How about not only do we lay down the hatchet and lay down our weapons, but we relax all bans. Fresh start, for everybody. All grudges laid down in the dirt in the interest of harmony. Doesn't mean anything goes, but it means anything that's in the past, stays in the past.

And maybe we try to, if not get along, per se, then at least maintain a degree of civility such that we can discuss music and such, which is why, as I said, we all came here and there in the first place. Right?

I mean, can we at least give it a shot? People? Please?
Old Rake
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 14, 2006, 02:32:40 PM »

And in that regard, all bans blocking Sebastian's various IPs and various usernames have been dropped.
PapaNez22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 14, 2006, 02:59:37 PM »

LOL 'cause I almost mentioned yesterday about the only old-school SmileShop guy whose absence round these parts truly is lamentable. PapaNez22. The single greatest and most honorable poster on any of these boards.

Finis.

I truly appreciate all the kind words you have sent my way over the years. You definately brought me out of my 'shell' and got me more involved vocally on the boards back in the day. Nothing but respect towards you my friend. Thanks, and again, it's good to have you back around.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 14, 2006, 03:12:33 PM »

Sure, why not?

Alright. I offer this, then. How about not only do we lay down the hatchet and lay down our weapons, but we relax all bans. Fresh start, for everybody. All grudges laid down in the dirt in the interest of harmony. Doesn't mean anything goes, but it means anything that's in the past, stays in the past.

And maybe we try to, if not get along, per se, then at least maintain a degree of civility such that we can discuss music and such, which is why, as I said, we all came here and there in the first place. Right?

I mean, can we at least give it a shot? People? Please?

Sooner or later, all will see that you are a very groovy person and a fair moderator and administrator. Your karma demands it.
Rock over London, rock over New Jersey.

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 14, 2006, 04:02:28 PM »

the conspicuously absent formerly very popular female contributors

Do I have permission to start a band of SMiLEY/SMiLErs and call it that?

hrtshpdbox
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 14, 2006, 04:27:20 PM »

How about not only do we lay down the hatchet and lay down our weapons, but we relax all bans.

Hey, I'm trying to ban this "Old Rake" guy, but all of my moderator buttons are gone!  What happened?!  That's it, I quit.
hrtshpdbox
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 14, 2006, 04:37:59 PM »

Jeff Mason is not here. Nor is Chance, Monkee Knutz, Andrew, Chris D., Jonathan and many others.

I feel like the Professor or Mary-Anne.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 14, 2006, 04:39:59 PM »

hrtshpdbox
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 14, 2006, 04:43:38 PM »

Don:  Bob, it looks like you've got a lot of cash there...could you help me out with a few quid?
Bob:  Maybe, mayvbe if you play a song for me....so that I can practice my sneering.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: