gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 04:33:21 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 104 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Beach Boys 2012 Remasters!  (Read 571258 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1725 on: September 01, 2012, 12:17:10 PM »

Or maybe Capitol will release the box set only in Japan for 3 months, to see if there is worldwide demand for this "product"(or if people notice any mastering glitches or distortions)

Or maybe they'll release it in November as per Amazon.

Small factual gobbet: the mono/stereo remasters were exclusively Capitol Japan's idea, but when the parent company noted the huge interest, they decided to release them elsewhere. Now, don't say I never tell you anything.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: September 01, 2012, 12:22:53 PM »

You guys should do a buddy film together getting in a series of amusing scrapes as your initial hatred gives way to teamwork and solving a murder.

+1000000000 more. o god.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
PhilCohen
« Reply #1727 on: September 01, 2012, 12:38:21 PM »

Or maybe Capitol will release the box set only in Japan for 3 months, to see if there is worldwide demand for this "product"(or if people notice any mastering glitches or distortions)

Small factual gobbet: the mono/stereo remasters were exclusively Capitol Japan's idea, but when the parent company noted the huge interest, they decided to release them elsewhere. Now, don't say I never tell you anything.

Is it actually being offered for preorder on amazon's UK or U.S.A. sites? Update: it isn't.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 12:42:28 PM by PhilCohen » Logged
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: September 01, 2012, 12:50:04 PM »

well I don't understand the phenomenon
we fuckin these hos that look like splalalala
rich boy thinks that it's shitty
but I like fucking crackheads wth one titty
and ii do it at the drop of a dime
and I get teh scabies almost every time
so lets talk abut my nutsack:
I don't front, jack
ii got bugs on my ballsack

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: September 01, 2012, 01:05:30 PM »

Auidiophile - someone who listens to the equipment and signal path rather than the music.

Audiophile - someone who appreciates how the equipment and signal path can improve or worsen the sound of the music.

Anyone who listens to music, other than to a live performance, is listening to equipment and signal paths, otherwise there would be no music.
Paulos
« Reply #1730 on: September 01, 2012, 01:06:30 PM »

Is it actually being offered for preorder on amazon's UK or U.S.A. sites? Update: it isn't.

PhilCohen
« Reply #1731 on: September 01, 2012, 01:37:43 PM »

Get out of the way: This forum is the jousting venue for me & Mr.Doe.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: September 01, 2012, 01:44:12 PM »

Auidiophile - someone who listens to the equipment and signal path rather than the music.

Audiophile - someone who appreciates how the equipment and signal path can improve or worsen the sound of the music.

Anyone who listens to music, other than to a live performance, is listening to equipment and signal paths, otherwise there would be no music.

You out-pedanticised AGD!!  Afro

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: September 01, 2012, 02:16:43 PM »

So you think, but your really AGD's whipping boy.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: September 01, 2012, 02:22:00 PM »

Phil told a joke, guys.

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: September 02, 2012, 02:17:10 AM »

You guys should do a buddy film together getting in a series of amusing scrapes as your initial hatred gives way to teamwork and solving a murder.

It could be like Planes,Trains and Automobiles. AGD and Phil are traveling to the last ever Beach Boys concert and due to a series of mishaps are forced to travel together to reach their destination. Once they get to the arena they inadvertently take a wrong turn and enter a small room where upon they find the bloody, lifeless corpse of Mike Love lying on the floor and Bruce Johnston huddled in a corner brandishing a pistol whimpering "I didn't do it" over and over again. Can they put aside their mutual hatred long enough to prove Bruce's innocence?

This has Summer Blockbuster written all over it.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: September 02, 2012, 02:27:18 AM »

It could be like Planes,Trains and Automobiles. AGD and Phil are traveling to the last ever Beach Boys concert and due to a series of mishaps are forced to travel together to reach their destination. Once they get to the arena they inadvertently take a wrong turn and enter a small room where upon they find the bloody, lifeless corpse of Mike Love lying on the floor and Bruce Johnston huddled in a corner brandishing a pistol whimpering "I didn't do it" over and over again. Can they put aside their mutual hatred long enough to prove Bruce's innocence?

When a mysterious crook known only as "The Leopard" pilfers several tapes from The Beach Boys' master archive, it's up to Andrew and Phil to recover them. Only this time not everything is as it first appears. Tune in to this weeks exciting episode of "The Collectors"!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 09:48:45 AM by Fishmonk » Logged

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: September 02, 2012, 03:03:10 AM »

When a mysterious crook known only as "The Leopard" pilfers several tapes ''from The Beach Boys' master archive, it's up to Andrew and Phil to recover them. Only this time not everything is as it first appears. Tune in to this weeks exciting episode of "The Collectors"!

'Xcept AGD spoils all in the first five minutes by revealing that "The butler did it" and spends the remaining 115 minutes of the movie saying: "Told you so!"

“We live in divisive times.”
tansen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: September 02, 2012, 08:16:16 AM »

To all three posts above: hahaha! (i've got nothing to add).  LOL

Tansen - "He Who Commands an Army of Notes"
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: September 02, 2012, 08:20:56 AM »

Okay, i've gotta make some kind of game out of this...

buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: September 02, 2012, 09:53:14 AM »

When a mysterious crook known only as "The Leopard" pilfers several tapes ''from The Beach Boys' master archive, it's up to Andrew and Phil to recover them. Only this time not everything is as it first appears. Tune in to this weeks exciting episode of "The Collectors"!

'Xcept AGD spoils all in the first five minutes by revealing that "The butler did it" and spends the remaining 115 minutes of the movie saying: "Told you so!"

AGD is mistaken. The butler is played by Al Jardine yet anyone can clearly hear that the shadowy figure fleeing the scene of the crime is Brian.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
brineweelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: September 02, 2012, 03:32:36 PM »

Hi everyone, I am a longtime watcher of this board and finally decided to join.  It's amazing reading all the info on here because there is so much to learn that  has never been told before.  I wanted to ask a question about these new releases.  I purchased smiley smile and surfin usa from japan  and to me the sound is amazing on both. I was happy to get surfin usa in mono for the first time without taking a copy from lp and cleaning it up. Smiley smile to me sounds more shrill in stereo like good vibrations for instance the vocals seem to jump out of the speakers.  As far as buying the rest of the cds  should i buy them ?  I wanted to ask you guys because alot of you have heard the other ones and can tell me if they have done right.  I've read all the posts on here but there are so many mixed reviews i can't tell what to do.       Thanks to all!!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: September 02, 2012, 03:40:09 PM »

Hi everyone, I am a longtime watcher of this board and finally decided to join.  It's amazing reading all the info on here because there is so much to learn that  has never been told before.  I wanted to ask a question about these new releases.  I purchased smiley smile and surfin usa from japan  and to me the sound is amazing on both. I was happy to get surfin usa in mono for the first time without taking a copy from lp and cleaning it up. Smiley smile to me sounds more shrill in stereo like good vibrations for instance the vocals seem to jump out of the speakers.  As far as buying the rest of the cds  should i buy them ?  I wanted to ask you guys because alot of you have heard the other ones and can tell me if they have done right.  I've read all the posts on here but there are so many mixed reviews i can't tell what to do.       Thanks to all!!

Wait for them to come out in America - your wallet will thank you! November 9th is the new street date for those.

Welcome to the forum!  Brian, Dennis, & Carl

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
PhilCohen
« Reply #1743 on: September 02, 2012, 04:13:18 PM »

Wait for them to come out in America - your wallet will thank you! November 9th is the new street date for those.

Amazon.com says October 9th. Where did you get your information concerning a November 9th release date?
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: September 02, 2012, 05:57:50 PM »

Amazon.com says October 9th. Where did you get your information concerning a November 9th release date?

I made a mistake, Phillip.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
PhilCohen
« Reply #1745 on: September 02, 2012, 08:36:04 PM »

If the standard of quality in sound & packaging would be equal to what we got in "The Pet Sounds Sessions" box & "The Smile Sessions" box, then there would be no need to worry, but the inconsistent quality of mixing & mastering heard in the Japan "Today" & "Summer Days...and Summer Nights!" discs gives me reason for concern about the quality of the proposed "Made in California" Box set, and concern that standards of quality may be slipping.

Since many of you have speculated about future Beach Boys product, my guess is this: that 2013 will bring a follow-up studio album constructed wholly(or in part) from the 16 leftover tracks from the "That's Why God Made The Radio" sessions, and a full-length live CD/DVD/Bluray, and that, in this second wave of activity, we'll see remasters of the remaining catalogue albums. There is the rumor that The (reunited) Beach Boys signed a 3-album deal with Capitol. My guess is that the 2nd & 3rd albums in the contract will be one studio album and one live album.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: September 02, 2012, 10:10:32 PM »

If the standard of quality in sound & packaging would be equal to what we got in "The Pet Sounds Sessions" box & "The Smile Sessions" box, then there would be no need to worry, but the inconsistent quality of mixing & mastering heard in the Japan "Today" & "Summer Days...and Summer Nights!" discs gives me reason for concern about the quality of the proposed "Made in California" Box set, and concern that standards of quality may be slipping.

Since many of you have speculated about future Beach Boys product, my guess is this: that 2013 will bring a follow-up studio album constructed wholly(or in part) from the 16 leftover tracks from the "That's Why God Made The Radio" sessions, and a full-length live CD/DVD/Bluray, and that, in this second wave of activity, we'll see remasters of the remaining catalogue albums. There is the rumor that The (reunited) Beach Boys signed a 3-album deal with Capitol. My guess is that the 2nd & 3rd albums in the contract will be one studio album and one live album.

So even if the "audiophile quality" of the tracks on Made In California aren't exactly perfect, it won't be worth hearing all the unreleased songs? You'd prefer that they stay in the vault? I sure don't. Maybe the remastering jobs haven't been perfect, but they've definitely been professional, so if you wanna complain about that crap, go to the Hoffman board. Or wait, aren't you banned from there?

Also, I'm pretty sure the "three album deal" was for That's Why God Made The Radio, Fifty Big Ones, and Made In California. So my guess is they won't owe anything to Capitol after November. Also, I wouldn't doubt that some of the unreleased material from their last sessions will end up on the box set. However, I'm pretty confident that they will make another studio album. I'm not so sure they are just gonna use stuff from the That's Why God Made The Radio sessions though. I think they might record stuff that Brian hasn't even showed them yet from his post-Imagination work with Joe Thomas, along with some newly written stuff.
PhilCohen
« Reply #1747 on: September 03, 2012, 12:10:25 AM »

So even if the "audiophile quality" of the tracks on Made In California aren't exactly perfect, it won't be worth hearing all the unreleased songs? You'd prefer that they stay in the vault? I sure don't. Maybe the remastering jobs haven't been perfect, but they've definitely been professional, so if you wanna complain about that crap, go to the Hoffman board. Or wait, aren't you banned from there?

Yes, I was banned from Hoffman's forum 2 or 3 years ago, for violating a rule......a rule whose existence I was not aware of. Apparently, on Hoffman's forum, it is prohibited to ask(via a post) why Hoffman's censors deleted a post...or an entire thread. It's not as if I had been warned, and then repeatedly violated such a rule. I Unknowingly violating that rule a mere ONE TIME, and so Hoffman's goons banished me. But I'm in good company: Hoffman's boys also banished noted producer/engineer Ken Scott, famed for his work with David Bowie, Supertramp & The Beatles. Scott was uncredited(at his own insistence) producer of half of The Beatles' "White Album", despite the fact that many of the tape boxes for the multitracks credit him as producer.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: September 03, 2012, 01:39:41 AM »

Also, I'm pretty sure the "three album deal" was for That's Why God Made The Radio, Fifty Big Ones, and Made In California. So my guess is they won't owe anything to Capitol after November. Also, I wouldn't doubt that some of the unreleased material from their last sessions will end up on the box set. However, I'm pretty confident that they will make another studio album. I'm not so sure they are just gonna use stuff from the That's Why God Made The Radio sessions though. I think they might record stuff that Brian hasn't even showed them yet from his post-Imagination work with Joe Thomas, along with some newly written stuff.

A good chunk of TWGMTR is 2011 - 2012 Brian composition (Bill & Sue, Shelter, Isn't it Time) so it's safe to say his songwriting powers are on. Working with the boys inspired him, and I can't imagine why that would change as nothings gone wrong yet.

I do hope that Al, Bruce & David get some more tunes. Al & Bruce did go about it the wrong way, wanting to do re-records or older songs. Maybe Brian would have been more receptive to their ideas if they were new. And what Daybreak is doing on there.... Executive Producer Mike Love!! (I know Brian likes it, but that's no excuse)

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: September 03, 2012, 01:57:42 AM »

I digress to the point - does Smiley Smile Vegetables have the 'toy piano thing' in the 'I know that you'll feel better' ending like the mono mix or not?

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 [70] 71 72 73 74 75 ... 104 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx