gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:42:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Member from Maryland  (Read 2621 times)
rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2012, 08:06:04 AM »

Aloha from just inside DC Beltway (but not in DC). Have been listening to Beach Boys since I Get Around was on radio when I was six. First album I heard was the first Best LP when my sister bought it in '73.  When Brian "came back," I started buying some of the others. My favorites are in order, Friends, Surf's Up, Sunflower, Pet Sounds, Wild Honey.

Have seen them play twice. In '89, along with a British friend, I was at the Hollywood Bowl when they did a bill with Chicago. Halfway through their set Brian came out and did Love And Mercy, In My Car, and a third one I forget. Then saw them at Merriweather Post last Friday.

I met Brian in '91 when I happened to be in Chicago and he was there to promote his so-called autobiography. He inscribed a copy to my sister Elizabeth. As he did so he remarked, "You know, Elizabeth is a Jewish name."  So I got a Brianism too.

Have not met the others but I lived in California in '88-'89 (W. Hollywood) and again in '92-'97 (Monterey area, often visiting LA) and got to know a couple of people who had known Dennis well enough to learn his guaranteed hangover cure. Will mention that later. Also met Van Dyke Parks - have corresponded and talked with him intermittently since then. But have never discussed Brian or the BBs with him.

Probably some other things to mention, but don't recall them just now.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 06:14:43 AM »

Welcome! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 09:51:34 AM »

Welcome aboard!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx