gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681570 Posts in 27643 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 15, 2024, 06:00:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys film  (Read 1267 times)
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2012, 10:16:47 AM »

I remember hearing/reading a couple of years ago there was a BB's film in the works. It got picked up by Fox and everything. Anyone heard anything about this?

With the reunion and everything going on, it seems like a perfect moment.

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2012, 10:44:40 AM »

the dennis wilson biopic is filming now, and i think the brian wilson one just has a finished script (according to an interview with the writer in feb).
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2012, 02:55:15 PM »

One could never capture the whole beach boys story in one film

What they could do is make one documenting the Pet Sounds-Smile-Smiley Smile period. Just a feature documenting Brian's pinnacle and downfall, could be great if executed well and they get all hands onboard. Mike would either stop it or VDP would refuse his lyrics again....
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2012, 05:42:43 PM »

The best one so far is Whale Music. If they can do better than that, it'll be great.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2012, 06:37:53 PM »

One could never capture the whole beach boys story in one film

What they could do is make one documenting the Pet Sounds-Smile-Smiley Smile period. Just a feature documenting Brian's pinnacle and downfall, could be great if executed well and they get all hands onboard. Mike would either stop it or VDP would refuse his lyrics again....

I think you can properly tell the Brian story while being respectful to everyone.  Hopefully the others get on board, if they're even in it. 
JanBerryFarm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 10:38:13 PM »

Let's see...a Beach Boys movie could work if all the diversionary smile stuff was bypassed. Then there would be time for the non-elitist stuff, that really unhip fans would not want to know about.  LOL

~Hawaiian Shirts Are For Barneys~
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx