gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680792 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 04:59:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What do you hope DOESN'T happen at the BB's Show you have tickets for?  (Read 3448 times)
JanBerryFarm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2012, 08:27:10 PM »

Everybody wishes to arrive happy and get good seats; have nice weather; experiance good sound; maybe meet and greet...etc. etc..

But is there anything you dread, that lurks in the back your mind ?

For me, It's OK.

But, in moments of weakness, I worry...

Will I have to sit through some 'opening' band, jumping around on stage like insects on a hot plate,  offending my ears when I should be preparing for the aural experiance of my life?

Will Brian get sick or tired and leave the tour before they come to my town? Horror of horrors!

Will the lighting crew turn sadistic and aim those airport lights right into the crowd, giving everyone, including me, a massive case of eyestrain?

Will I get stuck in the middle of some 'weekend Beach Boy fans' who don't care about the music and just want to get drunk and scream the lyrics?

Will it rain? (I'd rather see them indoors, but that's not happening)

Will  John Stamos show up and ruin my chances of hearing the band properly?

Dunno. It's just a matter of time. I guess.
How about you ?

~Hawaiian Shirts Are For Barneys~
send me a picture and i'll tell you
Smiley Smile Associate

spilling my phector

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 08:35:10 PM »

I hope I don't pay a squillion dollars for a pair of the best available tickets, and have Brian's face completely blocked by the giant tall speaker on the side of the stage (again).

Angry

that's it, who here wants to touch d***s? all in a row, just run your hand across several of them and hit them like you're bret hart tagging your fans as you approach the ring wearing teh pink sunglasses in 1993     ----runnersdialzero

We have a little extra meat onstage. The audience can feel it.   --Al Jardine

pLeAsUrE iSlAnD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 08:45:41 PM »

I'm going to see them (for the second and final time) next Saturday. I am kind of far back (not lawn, but loge section), and to the left. I want to be able to see Brian, but I'm kinda freaking that I picked seats TOO far left and I won't be able to see his face.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Eireannach
Smiley Smile Associate

bedårar

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 06:31:49 AM »

I just hope some drunk person doesn't sing, dance, and fall into my seat all night.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 06:40:28 AM »

Luckily, Wembley Arena has a roof, so my main concern that I'd be sitting way back  in the pouring rain won't be the case.

However, I just hope I'm not sat next to a bunch of boring people - a controversial point, i know. but it's a stadium gig, so hopefully it won't be like a morgue in there. It's different to a theatre show.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 07:04:20 AM »

Basically I hope people can avoid going to the bathroom when a post-1966 bar Kokomo song is played.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 07:07:54 AM »

At the two shows in Italy, I hope I don't get completely lost and unable to find the venue or ask for assistance in a foreign country where I don't speak the language.

I also hope they don't cut the set down for the Italian shows. The starting time for them is 9PM, and it worries me that they might drop some of the songs I most want to hear to do a shorter set...

For the Wembley show (where it's seated, unlike the Italian ones) I just hope I'm not next to someone like the person I sat next to at the Paul McCartney show I went to last year, a football fan who bellowed, off-key, wrong lyrics to anything from the Beatles red or blue albums (he even managed to get the words to the 'na na na na' part of Hey Jude wrong) and stunk of alcohol. Eleanor Rigby really isn't improved by being turned into a duet with a drunk shouty Everton fan...

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 12:37:12 PM »

Will Brian get sick or tired and leave the tour before they come to my town? Horror of horrors!

I held my breath on that one, only to exhale when I saw him at the piano at the soundcheck.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 06:30:26 PM »

I hope one of them doesn't hit on my mom!!!  LOL

http://www.fuse.tv/2012/06/foster-the-people-beach-boys-bonnaroo-2012
Gdraft
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2012, 10:37:01 PM »

I hope I don't drink too much on the train and end up not remembering anything! (BTW, I'm not one of those pain people who acts like an idiot, I just have memory issues after a few pints!) LOL

Everybody lies
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2012, 11:00:45 PM »

I've already seen my 3 shows, but there are a few things I dread happening...

3. Beach balls!
2. People in back of me getting mad because I'm standing up and enjoying the concert, just like 85% of the rest of the audience is doing.
1. Sitting in front of a loud talker(s) blathering on and on about whatever while the rest of us are trying to enjoy the concert.

Nicko1234
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 02:32:17 AM »

One of them dies.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2012, 12:20:31 PM »

I'm going to the Berlin show so I'm quite sure Stamos won't show up. There are some things I hope won't happen.

For example the inclusion of "Summer in paradise" (and similar songs) into the set.

I hope - as posted in another thread - that they won't use those stupid sound effects before the car-medley and during Mike's intro to "Be true to your school" anymore but I know that won't change.

I hope the great rarities like "Marcella" "I just wasn't made...." "Add some music.." This whole world" won't get cut out.

I hope the whole damn show won't be a fun-in-the-sun party thing but something tasteful like they are doing these last months.

And I hope that Mike's and Bruce's clothes (especially Mike's) are not to hard to watch. Remember those green pants Mike wore in Florida ?  Wall

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2012, 12:28:12 PM »

I hope they don't cut their entire 2 hour set down to 45 minutes and I hope it doesn't feature a local talent show, an American Idol, or MC'd by a member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir...

... Oh, wait.....

http://www.freedomfestival.org/

Dammit.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 12:30:06 PM by pixletwin » Logged
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 05:50:23 AM »

At the two shows in Italy, I hope I don't get completely lost and unable to find the venue or ask for assistance in a foreign country where I don't speak the language.

I also hope they don't cut the set down for the Italian shows. The starting time for them is 9PM, and it worries me that they might drop some of the songs I most want to hear to do a shorter set...

For the Wembley show (where it's seated, unlike the Italian ones) I just hope I'm not next to someone like the person I sat next to at the Paul McCartney show I went to last year, a football fan who bellowed, off-key, wrong lyrics to anything from the Beatles red or blue albums (he even managed to get the words to the 'na na na na' part of Hey Jude wrong) and stunk of alcohol. Eleanor Rigby really isn't improved by being turned into a duet with a drunk shouty Everton fan...

Andrew, I'm Italian and I will be at the Italian gigs.  If you need anything we can share contacts later.

Unfortunately I believe we will indeed get a shorter set in Italy, as they play at are outdoor venues with standing places and the gig starts late..
So we can forget Disney Girls, This Whole World, All This Is That and all that, that is.  I certainly hope I'm wrong.

Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 05:58:23 AM »

I DON'T KNOW MAN, I JUST HOPE NO ONE MAKES ME DRINK THE KOOL-AID AND THAT I END UP WANTING FOR ANOTHER ALBUM BRAH!!! OH GOD
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 07:07:18 AM »

I'm going to the Berlin show so I'm quite sure Stamos won't show up. There are some things I hope won't happen.

For example the inclusion of "Summer in paradise" (and similar songs) into the set.

I hope - as posted in another thread - that they won't use those stupid sound effects before the car-medley and during Mike's intro to "Be true to your school" anymore but I know that won't change.

I hope the great rarities like "Marcella" "I just wasn't made...." "Add some music.." This whole world" won't get cut out.

I hope the whole damn show won't be a fun-in-the-sun party thing but something tasteful like they are doing these last months.

And I hope that Mike's and Bruce's clothes (especially Mike's) are not to hard to watch. Remember those green pants Mike wore in Florida ?  Wall

Sorry, Rocker, I hope in Berlin they keep the Be True To Your School sound effect and replace "Marcella" with "The Little Girl I Once Knew" again like on the early shows... Wink 2

But they better keep "I just wasn't made...." "Add some music.." This whole world"!!! Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 04:04:46 AM »

Andrew, I'm Italian and I will be at the Italian gigs.  If you need anything we can share contacts later.

Unfortunately I believe we will indeed get a shorter set in Italy, as they play at are outdoor venues with standing places and the gig starts late..
So we can forget Disney Girls, This Whole World, All This Is That and all that, that is.  I certainly hope I'm wrong.

Thanks for that. I have a friend in Milan who can help there, but it might be useful to know someone at the Rome show.

I'm still hoping we'll have a longer show -- they've done long sets in the US at outdoor venues (like the Hollywood Bowl) and have only cut them down when they've been playing festivals. But I'm mainly going to these to see all five of them together, anyway -- I'm sure Wembley will be a longer show, so I'll get to see at least one.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 05:39:28 AM »

Same things I dread happening at every concert I go to...

People loudly whistling in my ear.

Old folks yelling at me to sit down.
Lookit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 05:44:28 AM »

I'm going to the Buffalo show. I just hope the positive changes in the setlist haven't reverted by then. I hope Brian is up for it (like everyone else I suppose).

I hope that Mike's hat is carried off by a sudden gust, revealing a mane of golden tresses. That would be something.

I talked your folks out of making you cut off your head.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2012, 04:07:26 AM »

Amber Love covers up her legs! Thumbs Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXt05snLX9Q

(I know, I know. She's 16...........but DAMN) Shocked
ohthosegirls
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2012, 05:23:32 PM »

"Wheeeeeeeeennnnnn!" Actually, I kind of hope it does happen.
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2012, 07:04:38 PM »

It's safe to say that the crew DID aim the airport lights into the crowd at Pittsburgh.  I had to close my eyes at every chorus of "That's Why God Made The Radio" because it got to be re-goshdarn-diculous.  Right in the eyes.
JanBerryFarm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2012, 11:19:34 PM »

It's safe to say that the crew DID aim the airport lights into the crowd at Pittsburgh.  I had to close my eyes at every chorus of "That's Why God Made The Radio" because it got to be re-goshdarn-diculous.  Right in the eyes.

Crowd abuse. Do the Beach Boys REALLY care ?

~Hawaiian Shirts Are For Barneys~
LdC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2012, 01:13:41 AM »

John Stamos. Thats it.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx