gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 12:54:56 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 26: Cynthia Mitchell Woodlands Pavillion- Woodlands, TX 8 June 2012 (SETLI  (Read 47639 times)
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 11, 2012, 08:43:09 PM »

'Love You' is kind of the anti 'Light Album'

did Bruce contribute at all to it? me thinks not.

I think he said something along the lines of "oh you're one of those people" as he got up to leave.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 11, 2012, 08:48:05 PM »

Oh my god...
Quzi
Smiley Smile Associate

Eagerly awaiting tHe BeDRoOM TaPES

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 11, 2012, 10:21:51 PM »

I think he said something along the lines of "oh you're one of those people" as he got up to leave.

"WELL IT'S YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"

It's a shame to read all of this, I always thought Bruce was a pretty nice guy.

"A/S/L"?
"Age:24. That's when Brian Wilson made Pet Sounds. Sex: Brian Wilson was having loads of sex with Marilyn when he made Pet Sounds. Location: Gold Star Studios, where Brian Wilson assembled with the Wrecking Crew to make Pet Sounds. Hbu?"
Dave Modny
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 11, 2012, 11:27:12 PM »

He wasn't back with the band, full-scale, until Light Album, but he did end up singing on I'll Bet He's Nice. He layered his voice on the song's tag.  Smiley
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 12, 2012, 03:27:57 AM »

Jesus Christ, Bruce.

In his defence (not that there is much) he did produce the Light Album. So he might have perceived that as a personal attack.

But unless your friend led up to that remark with 'The Beach Boys are talentless wastes of my precious oxygen and I would like to give Brian Wilson cocaine again', that's a hell of an over-reaction. That's not a derogatory statement to L.A! It's TRUE!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2012, 03:38:01 AM »

He wasn't back with the band, full-scale, until Light Album, but he did end up singing on I'll Bet He's Nice. He layered his voice on the song's tag.  Smiley

Well, i kinda wish he didn't (came back), who does he thinks he is?
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2012, 09:21:46 AM »

Well, i kinda wish he didn't (came back), who does he thinks he is?

I think it's important to differentiate between the person and his talents.  Bruce Johnston at least in my opinion has always been a very talented musician.  "Disney Girls" alone more than justifies his status in the group and when I saw them a few weeks back I was still amazed at how effortlessly he could pull it off.  I think those who described Bruce as having a bit of a dual personality in this thread probably hit the nail on the head.  There is no excuse for the way he has allegedly treated some fans but I hope this doesn't balloon into some massive anti Bruce Johnston campaign because of his alleged lack of social graces. 

Truthfully the best thing to come out of this thread is the word: forewarning.  With a number of fans taking advantage of the VIP access to the group during this tour, it's good that this has all come out relatively early on so that fans at least are aware that they may have to give Bruce Johnston a wide berth or risk having their illusions of him being shattered.  If the allegations are accurate, it's not necessarily fair that we have to tiptoe on glass around the man but it's better than unsuspecting fans having an ugly encounter.  I was also glad to hear that the rest of the boys are generally cordial with fans and these alleged incidents aren't something that is germane to the entire band.

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2012, 10:48:24 AM »

Yeah, when I went to shoot spots for them in '85 or so, I was warned that they could be "real bastards".

Luckily, that day they weren't. Al was a bit cranky, but not horribly so. And Bruce was the best of all of them that day.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2012, 11:37:27 AM »

Truthfully the best thing to come out of this thread is the word: forewarning.

I thought the best thing to come out of this thread were the reviews and the pics, and the (sadly few) YouTube links.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2012, 11:55:10 AM »

Truthfully the best thing to come out of this thread is the word: forewarning.

I thought the best thing to come out of this thread were the reviews and the pics, and the (sadly few) YouTube links.

Yeah but a gallery of photos only go so far.  They are obviously appreciated but the fact of the matter is it's fortuitous that this all came to light as now the information is out there for people to do with what they wish.

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
Les P
Smiley Smile Associate

Cheese Pizza and Apple Pie

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2012, 12:13:32 PM »

Deleted

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:13:57 PM by Les P » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2012, 12:16:16 PM »

Les,

It looks like you did it right. Is it from your facebook? If so, add me (Billy Castillo) and I'll see what's up.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2012, 12:25:32 PM »

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:27:25 PM by Billy C » Logged

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2012, 12:28:08 PM »

I figured out what it was... you had put the directory URL in the IMG tags as opposed to the picture urls.

onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2012, 03:12:02 PM »

I wanna see a photo of Bruce going ape-doodoo! A la Sinatra!
Les P
Smiley Smile Associate

Cheese Pizza and Apple Pie

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2012, 10:13:17 PM »

Sorry, no photos of Bruce dissing fans...didn't spend the $$$ for that VIP treatment!

Jason
« Reply #116 on: June 14, 2012, 10:54:47 AM »

Considering some of the morons in the fanbase it's a wonder Bruce isn't like this more often. But this behavior is by no means new. I had heard from an acquaintance years ago that when he got backstage one time, he said that Bruce was very standoffish, to which Carl replied "don't worry about it." Clearly, that speaks volumes.
MBE
« Reply #117 on: June 14, 2012, 11:51:24 PM »

Bruce was going to do an interview with me but decided last minute he wanted $ for it. As I don't pay for interviews, and couldn't afford it at the time anyway, I declined. He's been both cool and slightly rude to me on the BBB board, but basically Bruce is two different people. Why? I don't know and I've been trying to figure this out for a good two decades. May I say that Brian and Al are both great, no airs about them at all. The little I had contact with Mike and Carl they were very nice too.

To shoot straight Bruce isn't quite right from all I learned about him. Maybe always having money, maybe seeing that murder as a teen, maybe he's just weird. I don't know him so I can't speak on this more than any other fan. Funny enough Bruce is the one I am most careful about in the book because frankly the stories I got about him are plain strange. In short this story does not shock me and I'm not sure how they have put up with his rudeness to fans. If I was Brian, Mike, or Carl I would have MADE him adjust his attitude to fans if he wanted to keep his job. Nobody does have the right to be an ass and if Elvis Presley or Michael Jackson could be cool with that kind of thing, who does Bruce think he is? Sorry I just think it's wrong. 

However let me say this, his dual nature doesn't mean he's not musically interesting at his best. He's done some fine work especally in his first tenure with the band. I am no MOR fan but Sunflower and Surf's Up both have Bruce songs that are harmonically brilliant. I also like his sixties work with Terry Melcher. I'm not going to push for a meeting with him, and I'm not wary of him seeing this as I think he needs a wake up call, yet I would never deny his talent which he displays well on this tour.
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 15, 2012, 06:08:38 PM »

Well, take it for what it's worth but back in the 90's I had a friend who once approached Bruce at a hotel and Bruce verbally tore his head off. Later on in the day, he bumps into Bruce again and Bruce apologized for his earlier outburst and shook his hand.

Who knows what then hell could've been going on in his personal life at that moment? Maybe a fan walking up to him was the last thing he needed right then and there?
MBE
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2012, 04:03:54 PM »

Well, take it for what it's worth but back in the 90's I had a friend who once approached Bruce at a hotel and Bruce verbally tore his head off. Later on in the day, he bumps into Bruce again and Bruce apologized for his earlier outburst and shook his hand.

Who knows what then hell could've been going on in his personal life at that moment? Maybe a fan walking up to him was the last thing he needed right then and there?
Sounds like Bruce.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 17, 2012, 04:11:01 PM »

All these Bruce stories makes me really thankful that I had a pleasant interaction with him when I met him.  Phew!
MBE
« Reply #121 on: June 18, 2012, 09:14:24 PM »

All these Bruce stories makes me really thankful that I had a pleasant interaction with him when I met him.  Phew!
To be fair he can be really nice which is way his haughtiness at other times confuses me.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2012, 11:35:39 AM »

One day after: Blondie and Anton Fig doing Sail On Sailor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5WDhyPX9XI&feature=player_embedded

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx