gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 06:23:15 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 26: Cynthia Mitchell Woodlands Pavillion- Woodlands, TX 8 June 2012 (SETLI  (Read 47657 times)
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2012, 03:39:47 AM »

Maybe he got in trouble for the things he did for you ? lol, i really can't explain why he's being such a douche, prehaps he thinks you're a stalker..
i just don't get it : what's wrong with having a such devoted fan who's still around after all these years ? i would hug you if i were Bruce.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2012, 03:52:36 AM »

In conclusion: Waves of Love got dissed by Brian because it sucks. 

Song's ok with me. But, alas, Carl's vocal has no use in a professional-sounding album. It mis-represents a great singer. So, you can't include it, but dumping it would be blasphemy.

Besides, Al brought it all on himself by releasing it on his own. There's no previously-released songs on TWGMTR. And if there were, many of us would not like the album as much and would be complaining at the boys' inability to create an all-new album (we all feared that when it was announced, didn't we).

It's still not clear to me whether the BBs did an attempt at it or not.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2012, 03:59:03 AM »

It's a really shame Waves Of Love isn't on the new album, very catchy melody and has a very 60's vibe, Carl and Al, both great singers!
plus it would have been an amazing true Beach Boys single, prehaps their best since Breakaway.
J.G. Dev
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2012, 05:19:09 AM »

"That only leaves Ringo who until a few years ago still allowed fans to send him in items to be signed via his fan club but he has since curtailed that as well citing demands on his time. " 

Yes, but it took him 30 years to reply back to Marge Simpson
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2012, 05:52:45 AM »

In conclusion: Waves of Love got dissed by Brian because it sucks. 

Song's ok with me. But, alas, Carl's vocal has no use in a professional-sounding album. It mis-represents a great singer. So, you can't include it, but dumping it would be blasphemy.

Besides, Al brought it all on himself by releasing it on his own. There's no previously-released songs on TWGMTR. And if there were, many of us would not like the album as much and would be complaining at the boys' inability to create an all-new album (we all feared that when it was announced, didn't we).

It's still not clear to me whether the BBs did an attempt at it or not.

Agree, it wouldn't have been to fair to release that vocal of Carl's. But, they could've removed his part, substituted somebody else, and had Joe re-work the song to fit the new album production-wise. I still get the feeling that almost everybody wanted to leave ANY Dennis and Carl connections for the live show.

I'm on the fence if the song is worthy for the new album, but, yes, even in a re-recorded form, there would've been complaints about releasing a previously released song, even though 99.999999% of the world population had not heard it. That being said, I wouldn't have minded a contribution from Al.

I'm not getting the "Brian doesn't care about Al" vibe. Didn't Brian recently (when, a year or so ago?) spend some time at Al's ranch studio laying down vocals for Al's album. Granted, Brian might've felt obligated when asked, but if Brian doesn't want to do something....Or, maybe Melinda made him.

The reverse feeling certainly isn't there. Al is going out of his way to praise Brian at every opportunity. Of course, they all are....profusely.
dumbangel76
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2012, 06:48:56 AM »

Was the guy behind me (with the moustache) the one who was jumping around during Kokomo?

Looks like him!!!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2012, 07:20:52 AM »

LOL

Awesome!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2012, 07:41:16 AM »

Jesus christ Bruce, what the hell happened to you ?

He hasn't taken a bath with Deirdre lately.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2012, 08:05:18 AM »

I think Brian sees the Beach Boys reunion as basically his reunion with Mike. The other guys, while reasonably pleasant, are incidental. They're distractions. Brian is probably much more interested and engaged by Jeff and his band members than Bruce or Al or Dave.

Meh, bullsh*t, i think Brian loves being involved with Al. 

He didn't love Waves of the same.

Mr.Stone, am I understanding you correctly in that you're sayin' Brian thinks along the lines of "Your song is balls, so I don't care much about you"?

I don't know. His attitude just suggests -- to me -- that he thinks Al is kind of irrelevant. A good singer in certain circumstances -- he's not hesitant to use the voice when needed -- but not a creative equal.

I could be totally wrong, of course. But the Rolling Stone article kind of suggests the same thing. Which is too bad, in a way, because I think Al is a nice guy, and cares about BW a great deal. But not all friendships involve equal enthusiasm on both sides.

Well,I love Al Jardine as much as anybody, really. Great voice, normal guy.  Has been very nice to me on numerous occasions.  But does ANYBODY think he is the creative euivalent to Brian Wilson (honestly,even Al)?

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2012, 08:12:07 AM »

I was there last night. I was in the pit, right up front. Went to the soundcheck, and afterwards the WONDERFUL Probyn handed my wife and I a couple of back stage passes. I also spent WAY WAY too much on merch, but its "THE BOYS", you know?

The concert exceeded my expectations. Wonderful , moving tributes to Dennis and Carl. Glad to see the crowd's reaction to that. And also for the entire crowd (not just us with the BB sickness Smiley ) reactions to the rare and new tracks. Truly a magic night. I had heard earlier in the day that Brian was having an "off day" so I was ready for it. And he was. But he is such a trooper. He worked hard at fighting those demons (once saw him during a slow song he wasn't singing close his eyes and was saying something I couldn't make out.).  And to hear Bruce just kick the sh*t out of Disney Girls was so special. All in all, a great night...............................except

I have a question for those in the know about the band (as I don't follow the rest of the group much). When did Bruce Johnston, the man who gave me a 2 hour interview in 1979 to help me out at work and another hour in 1981 and was SO SO SO kind, become such a prick. He came down to the backstage area after the show. I waited a bit and went up to him with my copy of pet sounds and asked him to sign it. The folks he was talking to were extremely nice and asked me how long I had been a fan, etc. As Bruce was signing the LP, I thanked him again for the interview all those years ago and how it helped me out at the radio station I worked at. He said "that was 23 years ago, no recent stories?" Taken aback I said thanks again for everything, told him I heard that new comp box-sets were coming out in the fall and I couldn't wait. He handed me back my LP and pen, and said "well, save your pennies for the box-set, you and I are through talking." Just then the kid of the guy to whom Bruce was talking said to me "did you know that Bruce produced LPs for the Beach Boys?" I said yes I did, LA and Keeping The Summer Alive. Told the kid I though Bruce tried the right thing with HCTN. Bruce turned to me and said "HEY, I SAID U AND I ARE THROUGH TALKING! SERIOUSLY!"

Now I can understand when u hang around someone forever and wont go away that you would get mad. It has happened to me. But I am talking about standing there for MAYBE 5 mins, probably less. I mean come on DUDE, who do you think pays their hard earned dollars to keep you and the guys in the style you have grown accustomed to? ALWAYS be nice to fans. Understandably, you will have the wackos who require a swift kick, but no someone who is just standing there saying a few kind words. It ruined the rest of my experience for me. And the fondness I always had for Bruce and the way he stands up for Brian's music. End Of Rant.

PS - Scott Totten and Probyn Gregory are 2 of the most wonderful guys you could ever ever meet. Scott didn't want to sign my PS copy because it was like signing a copy of the Bible for him. I told him no, it was my way of saying thanks for the music.

Damn, just reading that story made ME feel horrible. I'm really sorry that happened to you.
For someone to say "you and I are through talking" is incredibly rude - who does he think he is, Brian Wilson?
If he really didn't want to speak to you, the least he could have done would have made a polite excuse, like "hey man, thanks for taking the time, but I want to be fair to the other fans" or something.

It's not you, it's him. Many people, including me, have had similar experiences with Bruce over the years. Nowhe wasn'tthis direct with me, but the point is the guy is near a dual personality, just as you describe. He can be the most engaging, talkative guy you can one one occasion.  The next,you approach him because of that experience, expecting to get the same, and he is an absolute jerk for no reason.  I have had multiple positive and negative experiences with Bruce. The fact that he was speaking to other peoplewhenyou approached had ZERO to do with the incident. DO NOT BLAME YOURSELF. THis pattern of behavior has been confirmed by many, many people over the years.  Also, this behavior does not affect the reamining Beach Boys.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2012, 02:14:51 PM »

I've seen both sides of Bruce as well...very unpredictable.  Well said, don't take it personal...
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2012, 03:26:56 PM »

i saw this video on youtube, a big brian wilson fan hearing brian sing for the first time.  this was pretty much my exact face when it happened
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgGrW-PWeZs
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2012, 03:39:44 PM »

i saw this video on youtube, a big brian wilson fan hearing brian sing for the first time.  this was pretty much my exact face when it happened
Truly awesome...... Smiley Smiley
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2012, 04:12:52 PM »

I remember those guys!!! I can see myself in the distance as well (I think my shirt kinda stuck out lol)

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Sie W
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2012, 06:00:01 PM »

Looks like Nicky Wonder had a night of, couldn't see him on the left hand side of the stage.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2012, 06:18:52 PM »

He was there. At least, I thought I remembered them calling his name during encore when they listed the band members.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 06:23:16 PM by Billy C » Logged

acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2012, 06:40:21 PM »

This is what it's all about!
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2012, 06:48:44 PM »

That video is fantastic
dumbangel76
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 10, 2012, 07:59:56 PM »

Great video! My kids had the same look on their faces!!
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 10, 2012, 08:32:42 PM »

As I watched him last weekend seemingly pretend to play the keyboard intermittently through songs, I imagined it was only audible piped into his earpiece monitor mix as he overlayed hideous Yamaha DX7 tones all over the entire concert. Bell pads and E Piano 1!

LOL  LOL  LOL
 LOL  LOL  LOL
 LOL  LOL  LOL

Bruce is an egotistical schlockmeister millionaire who thinks Kenny Chesney and Mike Love are the f*cking sh!t.

I love his voice, but he strikes me as batsh!t crazy to be honest. At the very least he lives in his own little fantasy world.

He rudely and abruptly walked out on a friend of mine during an interview, when my friend said how much he liked 'Love You'
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2012, 12:21:58 AM »

I remember those guys!!! I can see myself in the distance as well (I think my shirt kinda stuck out lol)
That guy was so awesome.  Grin Even just seeing this on the computer has me grinning. I'd probably react the same way too. But with my luck, I'd go to raise up my arms and end up accidentally punching somebody in the face.  LOL

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
b00ts
Smiley Smile Associate

Greldont

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2012, 08:00:55 PM »

As I watched him last weekend seemingly pretend to play the keyboard intermittently through songs, I imagined it was only audible piped into his earpiece monitor mix as he overlayed hideous Yamaha DX7 tones all over the entire concert. Bell pads and E Piano 1!

LOL  LOL  LOL
 LOL  LOL  LOL
 LOL  LOL  LOL

Bruce is an egotistical schlockmeister millionaire who thinks Kenny Chesney and Mike Love are the f*cking sh!t.

I love his voice, but he strikes me as batsh!t crazy to be honest. At the very least he lives in his own little fantasy world.

He rudely and abruptly walked out on a friend of mine during an interview, when my friend said how much he liked 'Love You'
Luckily, I got the 'good side' of Bruce when I met him. He seemed like the nicest guy ever and talked to us for a good twenty minutes.

What did your friend say about Love You? I wonder if Bruce has a problem with that album. It is very 'un-Bruce' in every way.

- B00ts
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2012, 08:04:13 PM »

LOL  LOL  LOL
 LOL  LOL  LOL
 LOL  LOL  LOL

Holy moly, and then we're surprised he has such harsh comments on political topic?
how come he's still in the band, wow
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: June 11, 2012, 08:06:44 PM »

What did your friend say about Love You? I wonder if Bruce has a problem with that album. It is very 'un-Bruce' in every way.

I think henceforth, if anybody runs into any crabby backstage Bruce behavior, they need to adopt Walter tones and chide him: "You're being verrrrrrry un-Bruce...."
Eireannach
Smiley Smile Associate

bedårar

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 11, 2012, 08:35:52 PM »

LOL
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx