gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 12:34:04 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 25: Verizon Wireless Amphitheater - Irvine, CA 6/3/12(SETLIST/PICS/REVIEWS)  (Read 49188 times)
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2012, 01:20:05 PM »

Ok, enough playing around! This'll smack you upside the head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50p8hryi4oA

Heroes and Villains

My footage with some of Justin's shots mixed in, Brian in fevered form with no auto-tune and a hilariously shy halfsmile right after "...eventually brought her down" that's the best! He's clearly having more fun here than the early concerts on this tour.

I may be biased, but this is one of the better vids from this tour, lots of great band shots. Stick it on 1080 and enjoy.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2012, 01:49:24 PM »

Bravo!  The official H&V music video for the tour  Grin
Eireannach
Smiley Smile Associate

bedårar

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2012, 02:06:05 PM »

That was a great video!
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2012, 02:14:39 PM »

Imagine if they'd add Our Prayer to this with the "Gee" link with Love doing the bass vocals! MAN.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 02:19:50 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2012, 02:24:02 PM »

FANTASTIC video! Oh and the band were ok too  Azn
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2012, 02:28:30 PM »

I'm available for weddings and psychedelic bar mitzvahs.

Sie W
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2012, 04:03:03 PM »

WoW, nice work
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: June 07, 2012, 08:55:11 AM »

Facebook:

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 09, 2012, 10:01:15 PM »

Awesome "Isn't It Time" video. Brian seems to be experimenting with a call-and-response version of the chorus, but he drops it (unfortunately) halfway through. A cool idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzMSMGdwknU&feature=player_embedded
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 10:02:22 PM by Wirestone » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2012, 05:20:18 PM »

Sorry for the clumsy opening there, it was right out of the camera! good sound quality, tho... I love Love's sliding around in that.

I still have a few more vids like that from the show... car medley, Add Some Music, Be True to Your School, Sloop John B, Wouldn't It Be Nice, Surfer Girl, Good Vibrations, some others -- somebody shout if ya think it's worth uploading. Thought I'd concentrate on the newer additions to the set.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 11:14:11 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2012, 06:28:47 PM »

That's a fantastic video.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: June 11, 2012, 01:34:02 AM »

Hot rods! Time for some more...

Little Deuce Coupe/409/Shut Down/I Get Around:

http://youtu.be/x4Eh6T_W2sM

Starts off a bit creaky but then revs up into a fine, fevered blast filled with nutritious Beach Boys goodness. There's some great shots of Marks molesting his guitar and the full Mike Love pantomime gesture repertoire in full HD effect.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 07:58:39 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: June 11, 2012, 12:11:59 PM »

http://www.dailypilot.com/entertainment/tn-dpt-0608-youmans-20120606,0,4686377.story

Mike Love served as the wise-cracking master of ceremonies, at one point sliding down to his knees to milk an opening note. Realizing he couldn't get up, or at least pretending, fellow members David Marks and Bruce Johnston helped him to his feet accompanied by a creaking sound effect.

Oh no !! Is it back to that again ? I was terrified that they are still using the motor sounds before the car-medley. But until now I hadn't heard that they are using that damn, cheap sounding effect for Mike's getting up. This ain't no lounge act anymore guys. get rid of those sound effects !

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 11, 2012, 12:19:09 PM »

Oh no !! Is it back to that again ? I was terrified that they are still using the motor sounds before the car-medley. But until now I hadn't heard that they are using that damn, cheap sounding effect for Mike's getting up. This ain't no lounge act anymore guys. get rid of those sound effects !
I think it's hilarious.  LOL It's bad comedy to begin with, so why not put everything you got into it?  Wink
anazgnos
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 11, 2012, 02:04:06 PM »

Mike Love served as the wise-cracking master of ceremonies, at one point sliding down to his knees to milk an opening note. Realizing he couldn't get up, or at least pretending, fellow members David Marks and Bruce Johnston helped him to his feet accompanied by a creaking sound effect.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure the "effect" was done live by Nelson, and possibly Cowsill - rattling and shaking various percussion items.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: June 11, 2012, 02:10:45 PM »

FWIW, I'm pretty sure the "effect" was done live by Nelson, and possibly Cowsill - rattling and shaking various percussion items.

Whatever. I think its just meh.....

- Jack Rieley
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: June 11, 2012, 06:36:01 PM »

GOOD VIBRATIONS edit:

http://youtu.be/vM_e1bp6OdY

what an elation/sensation! Save 'em while you can.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:59:34 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: June 11, 2012, 08:23:13 PM »

I just cut together footage from this tune and Nelson & Cowsill are both motionless during the mighty creak, sounds pretty digital to me!

Oh, and here's another rather spiffy video mishmash from the show if I do say so myself:

http://youtu.be/7H0X4_xY-tE

Sloop John Wouldn't B Nice
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 08:51:27 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2012, 05:23:53 PM »

I had to do it, didn't I.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNn

Be True To Your School

http://youtu.be/dA2yKra9f5g
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 06:24:14 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2012, 06:40:34 PM »

Does anybody have video of David Marks singing "Hawaii"?

Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 12, 2012, 07:05:52 PM »

Does anybody have video of David Marks singing "Hawaii"?

Hollywood Bowl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hqoVFAmEX8&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL8C6930A290773E5A
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 12, 2012, 09:52:59 PM »

Thanks for the link, Jon!

ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: July 08, 2012, 01:36:38 PM »

I'm cleaning up the hard drive and mopping up a few extra videos.

Here's "Surfer Girl"

http://youtu.be/ThrrDjd8jqM

Featuring the guy next to me finally bursting into song. Then realizing maybe he shouldn't.

and "Add Some Music To Your Day"

http://youtu.be/ukjVsTMUvpQ
« Last Edit: July 08, 2012, 03:01:43 PM by ontor pertawst » Logged
RockabillyNBlues
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 10, 2012, 12:07:48 PM »

Dean Torrence sent me the pics that Bruce Johnston took of him singing with the guys on stage....including that crowd shot he took as he walked out.  All can be seen on the youtube fan video too.  Check it out....pretty cool!!!:)  http://rockabillynblues.blogspot.com/2012/07/photos-of-dean-torrence-with-beach-boys.html
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 10, 2012, 04:01:53 PM »

haha that's hilarious...I'm right there in the front row first one on the left...with the grey shirt.  I remember that moment.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx