gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680864 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 12:18:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Complete Tour Merchandise Thread  (Read 4396 times)
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2012, 03:16:04 PM »

I can't find one solid thread for only talk of the tour merchandise. Very photos and details mixed throughout the other threads.

Could someone going tomorrow night or to a show this weekend/next week take pics to post on here? I'm sure I'm not the only one who is anxious to see everything, and get an idea of what I'd like to buy...since it sounds like the VIP shirt is lame.

Some shirts are on the online store, but I doubt that is all of them. Then, there is talk of the signed tour program at $100, and the signed 8x10 at $50, along with keychains, hats and other little things...it would just be nice to have one place to keep track of all that.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 03:30:32 PM »

I can't find one solid thread for only talk of the tour merchandise. Very photos and details mixed throughout the other threads.

Could someone going tomorrow night or to a show this weekend/next week take pics to post on here? I'm sure I'm not the only one who is anxious to see everything, and get an idea of what I'd like to buy...since it sounds like the VIP shirt is lame.

Some shirts are on the online store, but I doubt that is all of them. Then, there is talk of the signed tour program at $100, and the signed 8x10 at $50, along with keychains, hats and other little things...it would just be nice to have one place to keep track of all that.

Why would you doubt it?

I've been to several shows now and besides the autographed items (which are specific to each venue and not necessarily at every show)---- every item found in the 2012 Tour Merch section on their online store is what you will find at the Merch Table at the shows.

http://thebeachboys.shop.bravadousa.com/Dept.aspx?cp=55723_56573&sort=&page=0
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 04:24:23 PM »

regarding the autogtraphed items, it does appear they are only sold when available. At the Las Vegas show I inquired about the autographed program but was informed that the powers that be never got around to getting them done that day. It is apparently hit and miss on those items.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
RubberSoul13
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 05:34:55 PM »

Why would you doubt it?

I've been to several shows now and besides the autographed items (which are specific to each venue and not necessarily at every show)---- every item found in the 2012 Tour Merch section on their online store is what you will find at the Merch Table at the shows.

http://thebeachboys.shop.bravadousa.com/Dept.aspx?cp=55723_56573&sort=&page=0

Oh! So I see...there was MUCH less on there when I looked last, which was the first day they launched it. However, I know with other artists, they don't always make all merchandise avaliable online during the tour, or even after the tour. So, I thought this was a valid question/thread..... Undecided
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 03:50:30 PM »

20% off merchandise for the next couple of days... helps pay for the postage!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 04:13:47 PM »

20% off merchandise for the next couple of days... helps pay for the postage!

If you're thinking of the red Surfboard shirt, it's WAY cheaper here( with NO upcharge for 2X) :
 http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-BEACH-BOYS-Surfers-50-Years-Tour-S-M-L-XL-XXL-tee-t-Shirt-NEW-/190692489137   

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2012, 04:41:00 PM »

I just e-mailed them and asked if they would mail me the concert program and poster in a mailing tube. It's probably asking too much. I tried to get the signed program ($100) at the concert vendor booth when I first walked in, and they told me to come back later and they would probably have some, and I did at halftime and after the gig, but they never did get any.  So I said, "Ah, eff it" and just got the black shirt. Didn't wanna carry posters and programs and stuff around anyway with people jostlin' and jumpin' and bumpin' around.....
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 05:48:57 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2012, 05:13:18 PM »

I know EXACTLY what you mean, Mikie. I bought a tour program at intermission of the Blossom Music Center show on June 13th, and it got bent in the rush to get out. Bummer in the Summer, that.

Also picked up the t shirt with all the song titles on the front. It was my fave of the offerings, even though it would have been cool if they'd put another dozen titles on the back!
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2012, 05:35:21 PM »

Yeah, Steve, I got the black shirt with the BB logo on the front and the city names on the back. It was dress casual day at church and I wore that shirt and got accolades from three different people!! I looked at the little woman each time and said, "Told ya!"

Yeah, in Berzerkeley, people were stumblin' and bumblin' and fumblin' their way outta there. It was stop and go people on the way out of the venue with guys yellin' "Mooooo", like we were being hearded out of there. I overheard one guy explaining to his wife/girlfriend why Brian Wilson doesn't seem 'right' in the head. I just yawned....
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 05:45:39 PM by Mikie » Logged

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 07:29:49 AM »

Now I WANT  a shirt with all the titles of SMiLE and Smiley on there....not all the greatest hits.

I thought there was one with Surfin' USA album cover on it.

They shoulda made an album shirt for each Beach Boy of what their favorite album is:

Bruce: Sunflower
Brian: Friends/Love You
Mike: LBWL
Dave: Surfer Girl?
Al: Holland?

Design: large album cover on front....all the album tracks on back of shirt....

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 08:30:54 AM »

Now I WANT  a shirt with all the titles of SMiLE and Smiley on there....not all the greatest hits.

They shoulda made an album shirt for each Beach Boy of what their favorite album is:

The Surfin" USA album cover shirt is only available online

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 03:29:45 PM »

The Surfin" USA album cover shirt is only available online
boo!

anything on the back?

I honestly think that's the last cover I'd put on a shirt if they're just gonna pick one...how about one with...i don't know, a pic of the guys on it? Surfin Safari, Shut Down 2, All Summer Long, Surfer Girl? but that would only make sense!

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2012, 10:32:50 AM »

Mug is cheap looking, expensive, and says "not dishwasher safe" on the bottom.  I was so eager to buy something at the show that I was just forking over cash.

On the other hand, the mug I bought at the Gershwin show is a work of art for about the same price.

The 65 dollar hoodie is ok, has "Coca-Cola" style logo on front and Brother Records logo on back.  Kept me warm at Big Sur last week.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2012, 10:44:42 AM »

You went to Big Sur last week and didn't call me up??  Don!! 

Hope you had fun.  It's beautiful down there.

JanBerryFarm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2012, 11:04:28 AM »

No way will I PAY them to do THEIR advertising. IF they want me to advertise for free, then I'll accept free T-shirts. Thank you.
The rest of you can refer to P.T. Barnum.

~Hawaiian Shirts Are For Barneys~
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2012, 12:00:15 PM »

No way will I PAY them to do THEIR advertising. IF they want me to advertise for free, then I'll accept free T-shirts. Thank you.

What.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
JanBerryFarm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2012, 12:16:36 PM »

What.

WHAT. Is this a new concept to you?  I guess it comes a shock that millions of 'rock fans' have been payin' millions of dollars to do free advertising for the bands.  LOL

Hey, ya know what? I'd just  love to pay Pepsi for the right to pay a bodyshop to paint their logo on the side of my car.

~Hawaiian Shirts Are For Barneys~
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2012, 12:24:40 PM »

What.

WHAT. Is this a new concept to you?  I guess it comes a shock that millions of 'rock fans' have been payin' millions of dollars to do free advertising for the bands.  LOL

Hey, ya know what? I'd just  love to pay Pepsi for the right to pay a bodyshop to paint their logo on the side of my car.

It's a new concept in that it's completely fucking stupid. Ever buy a record because of a band t-shirt?

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2012, 03:38:59 PM »

You went to Big Sur last week and didn't call me up??  Don!! 

Hope you had fun.  It's beautiful down there.

Flew in and drove straight down from San Jose.  You're up in the Bay area , right?

The coolest part was driving down the coast, highway one, from Carmel to San Simeon listening to my playlist of the new BB album interspersed with my favorite songs from the 2010 Jardine album.   Nearly a religous experience  Cool.
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 11:52:37 AM »

Does anyone have a clue whether the merchandise on offer for the US shows will be available at the Wembley gig? What was on sale at the European shows?
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2012, 03:38:03 PM »

I just hope the tour program available at Wembley will be exclusive to the UK. Like the ones they had in Japan

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2012, 10:44:28 PM »

exclusive to the UK. Like the ones they had in Japan

Roll Eyes

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Mike Lovechild
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2012, 09:23:52 AM »

The baseball caps are rubbish. VERY cheaply made. They have flat peaks (not the curved ones in the merc photo) and aren't deep enough. Mike wouldn't be seen dead in one of those caps!
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2012, 12:35:31 AM »

Aside from the concert merch, I just noticed that the US store has a lot of new stuff coming in this week and I have already seen loads of items that I would like. However, the UK version still has very few items. Why is this? I am hoping that after the shows here that might change but I really want one of those new Brother t shirts!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx