gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 07:23:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK !!!  (Read 34416 times)
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2012, 11:56:56 AM »

Slightly frustrating that no ticket details are on yet. I want to know if there will be VIP tickets and not have to make my mind up in a rush tomorrow morning!
Paulos
« Reply #51 on: May 29, 2012, 12:19:45 PM »

Mixed feelings on this, on one hand I'm kinda annoyed that I've paid a fair amount of money to go all the way to Berlin just to see them, on the other hand....

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Rock! Rock! Rock!

Beach Boys in the UK! This is going to be sweet, Smiley Smile message board members meeting before and after? SSMBM assemble!
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2012, 12:20:31 PM »

You need to be on the O2 mobile network.

If you're not, like me, but know someone who is, you could ask very very kindly for their login details!!

Thanks for the o2 shout ( I'm with them ) - Just noticed on the o2 Priority site that this gig already has 8,893 likes , so its going to be a great laugh trying to get tickets ( NOT !!! )

Yeah thanks for the heads up re: 02 as fortunately I'm with them too.

This gig is great news!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 29, 2012, 12:21:51 PM »

I'm gonna bet they do "Surf's Up" and a few more SMiLE cuts over there in the UK.

I'm calling it right now.

Yeah was also wondering this .... here's hoping!

Slightly frustrating that no ticket details are on yet. I want to know if there will be VIP tickets and not have to make my mind up in a rush tomorrow morning!

What is a VIP ticket? Do you get to meet the band? Are these meet and greets worthwhile?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 12:28:49 PM by buddhahat » Logged

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
kiwi surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 29, 2012, 12:25:00 PM »

Thanks -

I guess now we may entertain hopes that there'll be more Euro dates TBA. Since Hong Kong is Aug 25, and this one's a month later, there's space to be filled...

I'd be thinking another hemisphere instead (or in addition to) post Hong Kong.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: May 29, 2012, 12:26:47 PM »

Mixed feelings on this, on one hand I'm kinda annoyed that I've paid a fair amount of money to go all the way to Berlin just to see them, on the other hand....

....you'll get to meet some nice german Beach Boys-fans  angel

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 29, 2012, 12:28:11 PM »

Paulos
« Reply #57 on: May 29, 2012, 01:11:27 PM »

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys, I need to brush up on my German before I go as it's been awhile since I did German at school, all I remember are things like 'meine hund ist gross'!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 29, 2012, 01:20:31 PM »

I'm looking forward to meeting you guys, I need to brush up on my German before I go as it's been awhile since I did German at school, all I remember are things like 'meine hund ist gross'!
LOL  Grin
Sea Devil
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2012, 01:54:46 PM »

physically sick with excitement, this will be my 21st birthday present - almost gave up and asked for something else!

Wont be able to book the tickets till tomorrow night, which is still 2 days before it goes on sale properly and i'm still terrified it'll sell out!

Still Lurkin'
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2012, 02:54:36 PM »

Wouldn't it be nice if they announced all the new UK/Irish/Aussie dates together so we could all rejoice as one..

The anxiety and fear continues for some of us

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2012, 03:32:07 PM »

Wouldn't it be nice if they announced all the new UK/Irish/Aussie dates together so we could all rejoice as one..

The anxiety and fear continues for some of us

I thought they did announce them all together

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
freedomaspirer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2012, 04:51:13 PM »

If i remember correctly didn't Brian announce his last UK tour with London firstly, then the rest a few weeks later? Then again "Beach Boys" only did 1 date last year! But they were touring Europe.  Surely the're not coming over just for 1 show, I'm betting a European or UK tour, or maybe both?
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2012, 04:55:54 PM »

If i remember correctly didn't Brian announce his last UK tour with London firstly, then the rest a few weeks later? Then again "Beach Boys" only did 1 date last year! But they were touring Europe.  Surely the're not coming over just for 1 show, I'm betting a European or UK tour, or maybe both?
There already will be a small European tour.  Wink More UK gigs? Maybe.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2012, 06:42:26 PM »

There already will be a small European tour.  Wink More UK gigs? Maybe.

I'm thinking not. Dave BEard has said it's a one-off show, and he seems to have the inside track.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2012, 01:11:23 AM »

Tickets bought-block C4. Excited is an understatement!
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2012, 01:24:20 AM »

Block N5, row M, seat 66

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2012, 01:35:16 AM »

LOL  Grin

Die Pet Sounds und Smile Alben sind absolut geil! Aber Summer In Paradise ist Scheiße, was haben die Strandjungs sich dabei gedacht?

Wollen wir ein Maß Bier nehmen? Und eine Currywurst?

(with this you'll get a long way already, but as Basil Fawlty emphasized: 'Don't Mention The War!')

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2012, 01:35:40 AM »

N5, row L, seat 52, so pretty close to you Mr Hickey!

So excited about this!!

CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2012, 01:53:35 AM »

Had to get 5 tickets so I think I limited my chances of a good seat. We've got S12 which I am disappointed with but at least we have tickets and that's the main thing. I could have got closer tickets but higher up but I made the mistake of trying to get better ones. Why do I never learn. I hope the view from there is ok, I'll have to take some binoculars! To me you have to be close to the stage to really experience a gig.

So in summary, I wish I had better tickets but I am so glad I have tickets to their only gig here.
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2012, 01:55:50 AM »

So how are you buying these?   With that O2 pre-sale thing?
Are the A blocks available at all?

Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2012, 02:00:16 AM »

Yes-O2 have a limited amount of tickets. It states that Blocks A and B will be unavailable so I'm safely assuming there will be VIP packages
MaxL
Smiley Smile Associate

"It's a damn shame"

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2012, 02:00:28 AM »

Ugh I'm really apprehensive now, I'm not on O2 but I'm gonna try the LiveNation presale tomorrow and then Friday. I have to get 3 tickets so I'm seriously doubting that I'll get good seats. I guess I should be thankful for any seat, really. My fingers are crossed.
Sea Devil
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2012, 02:14:06 AM »

arghhh gotta wait till 7pm to get mine, nerves nerves nerves.

Still Lurkin'
Cliff1000uk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 30, 2012, 02:18:31 AM »

Well, I've just had a quick check and the best seats available via O2 are in the upper block (S5)
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx