gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680553 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 04:01:58 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Loren Daro comments on Brian & LSD (possibly...)  (Read 70105 times)
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 30, 2012, 08:01:48 AM »

There's not even a difference between the boards, and it seems most people who post over there have accounts here too. Whenever the record room is brought up here I go over there and read a few posts and it's all the same sh*t. I mean, Jeff Mason was the one who brought up the record room here in the first place, and he's over in the record room thread rolling his eyes over our discussion of something that *he* brought up.

It's just ridiculous. Nobody cares about whatever stupid feud you guys have with eachother, just shut up about it already. I forget what the source of the drama even was, though I did bother to look through old threads here once to find out and it was some of the stupidest and most inconsequential stuff imaginable. Just drop it you guys, it's moronic.

I already dropped it, so be quiet, sh*thead.

that was totally unnecessary.

Sorry. His post was unnecessary as well.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:05:34 AM by I. Spaceman » Logged

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 30, 2012, 08:03:51 AM »

There's not even a difference between the boards, and it seems most people who post over there have accounts here too. Whenever the record room is brought up here I go over there and read a few posts and it's all the same sh*t. I mean, Jeff Mason was the one who brought up the record room here in the first place, and he's over in the record room thread rolling his eyes over our discussion of something that *he* brought up.

It's just ridiculous. Nobody cares about whatever stupid feud you guys have with eachother, just shut up about it already. I forget what the source of the drama even was, though I did bother to look through old threads here once to find out and it was some of the stupidest and most inconsequential stuff imaginable. Just drop it you guys, it's moronic.

I already dropped it, so be quiet, sh*thead.

Chill out, my post wasn't even directed at you, rather the topic in general. Watch the attitude, you have a huge chip on your shoulder that is constantly polluting discussion. You may have dropped it in this thread, but it's not like it won't come up again. You seem to be at the center of drama again and again, in this thread, in the new album info thread, in the thread about combining Sunflower and Surf's Up, in the thread about Amazon samples. When your posts are normal there isn't a problem, but you get carried away all too often by posting bitter, condescending remarks. And then when people get angry or call you out on it you just try and dismiss them with an ironic wave of the hand. Just knock it off already. If you're going to drop it just drop it and stop provoking other posters in every other thread you contribute to. It's really tiresome.

The conversation WASN'T STARTED BY ME! For f*ck's sake.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 30, 2012, 08:31:35 AM »

If calling someone sh*thead is a measure of kindness, I'd hate to hear you in a cruel moment.

This board is continuing to fall into suckishness. Thanks, guys.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 30, 2012, 08:34:53 AM »

Any news, confirmation, debunkation Ontor?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 30, 2012, 08:41:51 AM »

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:13:23 AM by buddhahat » Logged

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 30, 2012, 08:42:22 AM »

Honestly. I'm really tired of reading about the Record Room in every freakin' thread. I'm getting tired of having to ignore all the adolescent posts made here. I'm getting tired of the name-calling, the accusations, etc. This place is becoming such a mess. I'm not blaming any one person here, but those of you who spark these childish arguments know who you are. Please stop. Thanks.

Whatev. No one's gonna pay my post any attention anyways.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 30, 2012, 09:10:26 AM »

Honestly. I'm really tired of reading about the Record Room in every freakin' thread. I'm getting tired of having to ignore all the adolescent posts made here. I'm getting tired of the name-calling, the accusations, etc. This place is becoming such a mess. I'm not blaming any one person here, but those of you who spark these childish arguments know who you are. Please stop. Thanks.

I agree. 
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 30, 2012, 09:12:17 AM »

I agree. 
Yeah I am not happy either.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 30, 2012, 09:25:04 AM »

Pot here calling kettle black. I've started and participated in and kept going some pretty heated discussions so I can't fault anybody for passion. Could we however tone down the name calling and character assassination? The only high ground I might be able to claim is that I never called names or besmirched characters. [cue multiple reposts of me calling people morons and insulting wives]

Amen. End of sermon. Benediction. Exit pews. Feel free to make fun of me, call me names and besmirch my character at will for this post..

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #259 on: May 30, 2012, 09:28:01 AM »

I'm tired of all this sh*t as well. I could give a flying koala dump about who started what... I'm finishing it. I don't want to see a reply to this post from *anybody*, saying "oh, but so and so started it, wah wah wah". I don't care. I really don't.  It ends NOW. Or else.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:29:10 AM by Billy C » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 30, 2012, 09:31:01 AM »

I'm tired of all this sh*t as well. I could give a flying koala dump about who started what... I'm finishing it. I don't want to see a reply to this post from *anybody*, saying "oh, but so and so started it, wah wah wah". I don't care. I really don't.  It ends NOW. Or else.

On a happy note fellow texan, 9 days till woodlands show Cheesy
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: May 30, 2012, 09:44:13 AM »

Oh yeah... I'm excited as f***! Looking forward to hearing Isn't it Time live Smiley

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: May 30, 2012, 09:53:43 AM »

I posted a few snippets from last night on the last page and am about to fire off another volley!

So! Now that we're all done clucking our disapproval about The Other Guys, let's go back to insulting each other and arguing about drugs! C'mon, guys! Who's got the Reddi-Wip?

« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:55:56 AM by ontor pertawst » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: May 30, 2012, 09:56:52 AM »

onkster
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 30, 2012, 10:12:17 AM »

I posted a few snippets from last night on the last page and am about to fire off another volley!

So! Now that we're all done clucking our disapproval about The Other Guys, let's go back to insulting each other and arguing about drugs! C'mon, guys! Who's got the Reddi-Wip?

Wish I could find those snippets. Sadly, I can't, after wading through a load of juvenile crap. Perhaps when you post your next batch of stuff, you could include the last as well? Thanks...
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 30, 2012, 10:15:38 AM »

Ok point taken. I've blanked my latest post as I think it served little point other than to flame the ill feeling. Apologies to all!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: May 30, 2012, 12:38:17 PM »

Damn, I guess I'm the only one enjoying all this!
Bill Tobelman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: May 31, 2012, 03:58:21 PM »

It amazes me that if this is a fake-- the person even went to the trouble to set up an email account with "lorrendaro" in it.

I did receive a response from the person & it was on topic.

The "bovine" comment about Marilyn was troubling until I checked Brian's bogus auto-bio and found her railing against Loren constantly. This may have led to such a point of view on his part.

Oh bogus bio....why do you tempt me so?

For as all informed reality-bound folks on this board know: a book can only an authoritative work or a completely worthless work. There is no in-between in "real reality."

"Connect, Always Connect..." - Arthur Koestler

"No discovery has ever been made by logical deduction..." - Arthur Koestler
sea of tunes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 31, 2012, 06:49:07 PM »

What an obnoxious human being.  Elevating his own self-importance, slashing and burning practically everyone in Brian Wilson's life except for the true creative forces (imagine that).  All the while exalting himself as virtuous. 

I don't know any of these people, at all.  But I do know that this letter reeks of self-aggrandizement and historical re-writing. 

I'm an enormous Brian Wilson fan, as big as anyone else, but even I am comfortable admitting that he is no saint.  If one takes Marilyn Wilson at her word (and why wouldn't you?) she raised their daughters on her own.  Brian was absolutely an absentee father.  Regardless of his rare creative genius, he had major faults as a man.  And, ultimately, that's okay, it's part of the human experience.

But to blatantly slander the mother of his children that way is absolutely uncalled for.  It says more about the person saying it than it ever would say about Marilyn. 

The creative differences with Mike love and the rest of the band is not anything ground breaking.  I mean, really, if you are at all familiar with the Brian Wilson story, you know the lineage of his spiral.  Whoopty F*****' Doo.

And, frankly, to the root of this story -- has anyone ever really vilified this man?  Brian Wilson was an adult when he began using LSD.  The last time I checked, any fan that isn't an absolute sycophant would realize that Brian (and no one else) is ultimately responsible for his actions.  If the LSD did "shatter his mind" as he has said many times (and I believe him) then so be it.  If it was all an act, so be it.  But I find it a little ironic that the Wilson is perhaps one of the most well known people with schizoaffective disorder and yet this guy who likely hasn't seen him in nearly 50 years diagnoses him based on decades old remembrances.  The next thing we'll find out about this guy is that he's a relative of Bill Frist.  Wouldn't surprise me.

To think that a 75 year old man would write something more fitting to have been penned by a 16 year old in their underwear at 3 AM on Facebook; I sure hope that by my mid-70's I'm in a much more mature place than this, umm, gentleman is.

Husband. Father. Quadragenarian.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 31, 2012, 06:51:17 PM »

*applause*

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 31, 2012, 07:42:04 PM »

Hey! I'm an adolescent!

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
hideyotsuburaya
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 07, 2016, 12:52:05 PM »

VDP's twitter "Why am I always the last to know.....this explains everything!"  response is uproarious
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx