gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680742 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 04:48:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: California Saga - The next generation  (Read 25435 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« on: May 23, 2012, 10:32:11 AM »

Thanks to Christian who posted this on the german California Dreamin' messageboard.
From Facebook:

The Beach Boys and Brother Records proudly present“CALIFORNIA SAGA”The next chapter in the story of America’s Band

The Beach Boys and Brother Records proudly present
“CALIFORNIA SAGA”
The next chapter in the story of America’s Band

Over the last 50 years the Beach Boys have become the most successful band in American music history. As they celebrate that anniversary with a new album and an international tour their children come to together to honor that legacy and write a new chapter in this family band. “California Saga” is a band comprising of the historic bloodlines that fueled some of the greatest songs in the pop music songbook. With a rare vocal blend only possible in siblings the band explores the Beach Boys rarities catalog and brings to life songs that may never have been performed live before.

The band features:.

Carnie Wilson:
Brian Wilson’s daughter Carnie is a talented singer and television personality. In 1989 she co-founded with sister Wendy and friend Chynna Phillips the band “Wilson Phillips.” Their tight harmonies landed the band three #1 singles and six top 20 hits. Carnie hosted her own talk show and is in constant demand in various television projects including several popular reality TV series.

Wendy Wilson:
Brian Wilson’s daughter Wendy is also a founding member of the wildly successful band “Wilson Phillips.” With hits like “Hold On” and “Release Me” she has been nominated for four Grammy’s and has won the prestigious Billboard Music Award for hot 100 “single of the year.” Wendy is also a sought after television personality featured in several popular reality TV series.

Christian Love:
Mike Love’s son Christian is the quintessential beach boy. Since 2004 Christian has toured as a guitarist and vocalist in the Beach Boys. With a vocal styling reminiscent of the late Carl Wilson, Christian can be heard night after night singing the leads of songs like “Good Vibrations” and “Then I Kissed Her”. Christian has released several albums of original material over the years with his own band, “5 Alarm.” He is also an avid beach volleyball player competing as often as his tour schedule will allow.

Ambha Love:
Mike Love’s daughter Ambha frequently joins her dad on stage to add her bluesy sultry lead vocal to the Beach Boys 1973 hit “Sail On, Sailor.” Ambha currently studies drama and voice with aspirations of a professional singing career. She is also an avid equestrian.

Justyn Wilson:
Carl Wilson’s son Justyn bares a striking resemblance to his late father visually and spiritually engaging you with the same sweetness that was so transparent in his fathers performances on signature songs like “God Only Knows.” Justyn followed in his fathers footsteps with his own band “In Bloom” which found success on a regional basis and landed a song in a major motion picture. Justyn and his brother Jonah’s most proud accomplishment maybe the formation of the “Carl Wilson Foundation.” The brothers have produced several high profile events that raised over $500,000.00 dollars for the fight against cancer which claimed their dad in 1998.

Carl B. Wilson:
Dennis Wilson’s son Carl was also a founding member of the LA based band “In Bloom” which over the course of ten years found him performing at “Woodstock ‘99” and various other historic Los Angeles hot spots. Carl is currently busy co-producing an upcoming biopic called “The Drummer.” Due to be released in 2013 it is the fascinating story of the Beach Boys founding member, drummer, Dennis Wilson. He is also the proud father of two young sons

Matt Jardine:
Al Jardine’s eldest son Matt accompanied his father on tour many times throughout his childhood. Matt began his career in music working as an assistant road manager for The Beach Boys. After literally being called onstage to perform as a percussionist in the middle of a major tour, he was later asked to sing lead & back-up vocals & soon was singing & performing full-time as a touring member of The Beach Boys back-up band. He toured with The Beach Boys from 1991 through 1998 & sang on three of their studio albums. He worked briefly with Brian Wilson, toured extensively with Mike Love’s California Beach Band & is currently a member of Al Jardine’s Endless Summer Band. He sang on his father’s solo album, “A Postcard from California” with his father & music legends Glen Campbell, David Crosby, Neil Young & Brian Wilson. Earlier this year, Carnie & Wendy Wilson asked him to join Wilson Phillips on selected dates as a back-up singer & percussionist. He is currently working on a solo album and tours extensively with several bands. Matt’s incredible soaring falsetto has graced the stages of all the surviving Beach Boys bands at one point or another over the last decade.

Adam Jardine:
Al Jardine’s son Adam Jardine, is a songwriter & vocalist & tours extensively with his father’s Endless Summer Beach Band. As a child, he grew up spending his summers on the road with The Beach Boys & later sang background vocals on their album “Still Cruisin.” He has most recently recorded with his brother Matt on their father’s solo album “A Postcard from California”, which included musical greats Neil Young, David Crosby & Brian Wilson. When not on the road, he lives in Northern California with his wife & writes original music.

The band also features two noteworthy supporting musicians. Billy Hinsche who toured with the Beach Boys for decades and was the founder of the group “Dino, Desi and Billy” and Rob Bonfiglio a talented singer/songrwriter/guitarist who’s compositions can be heard in major and independent motion pictures and television. He has also produced a record called “Dedicated” for Wilson Phillips released on the Sony/Masterworks label. It was a labor of love that featured songs made famous by the trio’s parents.

Adam Jardine and Billy Hinsche rehearsing

Rob Bonfiglio on acoustic guitar and Carl B. Wilson rehearsing for our upcoming show at the Verizon Amphitheater in Irvine, Ca

Carl B. Wilson, Matt Jardine and Justyn Wilson rehearsing "Little Bird" from the Beach Boys "Friends" album

Matt Jardine singing vocal parts on the Beach Boys "Till I Die"

Carl B. Wilson (Dennis Wilson's son) - Adam Jardine (Al Jardine's son) and Justyn Wilson (Carl Wilson's son) rehearsing "Friends"

Carnie and Wendy Wilson with Matt Jardine discussing vocal parts on "I Can Hear Music"

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 10:38:31 AM »

Yeah, this isn't needed

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Jason
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 10:40:00 AM »

Color me curiously interested...but I don't know how well it will go over.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 10:53:47 AM »

that's interesting.  Pretty cool that they can all get together and do this. hopefully it comes together well for them
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 11:05:00 AM »

I like it! I've seen all of them perform live (except Ambha), and they all have real talent. They're opening for a couple of the BB's SoCal dates, so you lucky folks out there will likely get to see them join their parents onstage at some point.

Now if they would just add Hayleigh Love (the BB offspring who sounds the most like Carl) to that lineup....

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 11:09:20 AM »

Thumbs up for going with the rarities route...would love to hear "Little Bird" performed by anyone if done right...some points that it's the Wilson kids doing it.  I'd watch and I'm sure I'd enjoy.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 11:16:01 AM »

Was there not an attempt to makes some sort of Beatles-Next Generation as well?

I think the world is cruel to assume the kids of all time great songwriters MUST make some career in music. Many of them are surely great musicians with very good voices, but it is the songwriting that is key, and I believe that it is statistically impossible for children to become proficient songwriters like their parents, especially if those parents are Beatles or Beach Boys.

However it will certainly be interesting to hear them. When the remaining Beach Boys snuff it (This assumption is false as Brian Wilson must be the toughest creature alive along with Keith Richards and would probably survive a nuclear fallout.  Bow) the kids might be the only way to hear these great tunes in any live setting.
SG7
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 11:20:54 AM »

It sounds cool. Nice they are going to do  some Friends stuff!
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 11:34:37 AM »

I think this is pretty damn cool and I would absolutely love to see them perform together.

I WONDER WHEN THEY WILL PLAY. Says upcoming show at Verizon in Irvine, where The Beach Boys are playing, I wonder if they'll open for them. Probably not, but that would be pretty sweet. I would enjoy seeing that. They could play all the deep cuts The Beach Boys can't because they gotta play the hits.

No mas, por favor.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 01:06:25 PM »

Carnie and Wendy Wilson with Matt Jardine discussing vocal parts on "I Can Hear Music"

Hey, what's Matt holding in this picture?  Smokin

No mas, por favor.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 01:38:18 PM »

Hey, what's Matt holding in this picture?  Smokin

lololololol

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 07:51:30 PM »

Looks awesome! What's not to like? It's not like this group is getting together claiming to be amazing, groundbreaking artists...they just wanna sing some songs their dads wrote...hey, so do I, ... I'd pay to see them at least once.

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 09:34:28 PM »

Whats Matt holding in this picture? LOL
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 10:12:33 PM »

So are they opening at the Bowl as well?
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 10:19:24 PM »

So are they opening at the Bowl as well?

It appears so! http://www.facebook.com/calsaga

I'm pretty stoked that they're performing at the show I'm going to. I have high hopes. And if they're terrible, at least there's Wendy Wilson to look at. I wanna get my picture taken with her!

No mas, por favor.
ontor pertawst
Smiley Smile Associate

L♡VE ALWAYS WINS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 10:21:41 PM »

I just KNEW there was some way Billy was getting on that stage!
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2012, 11:13:06 PM »

Whats Matt holding in this picture? LOL

What? He's just about to sneeze due to violently masturbating.

Oh, you didn't know? Violent masturbation causes sneezing.

Really.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 01:23:50 AM »

Cool!!!! I will be at the Irvine show!  Can't wait!
MBE
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 01:42:22 AM »

Thumbs up for going with the rarities route...would love to hear "Little Bird" performed by anyone if done right...some points that it's the Wilson kids doing it.  I'd watch and I'm sure I'd enjoy.
Christian could nail that. Always thought he sounded more like young Dennis than Carl.
?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 02:12:32 AM »

Wow, this is pretty surreal.  It could end up sounding awesome.  Are they just doing Beach Boys covers or what?
Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 05:02:08 AM »

Well I'm impressed!  And as an excuse to get even more rarities into a show, I'm all for it.

Now, if only there was a Marks kid or two who could join in...

Cheers,
Jon Blum
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 07:37:31 AM »

I just hope the Beach Boys won't drop the rarities now....

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
CarCrazyCutie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 08:08:54 PM »

Great!! That's too cool, just wish they had got the ball rolling prior to the tour so they could have opened for their dads (on all the dates). I would've loved to seen them Grin

Also, I thought Wilson Phillips was trying to make their comeback, so how's that gonna work?
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 08:32:26 PM »

Considering four people from the Wilson Phillips tour are in California Saga, they'll have to work around WP's dates -- or else be WP's opening act...  LOL

Looks like some of WP's dates are coming up soon:
http://www.wilsonphillipsmusic.com/events

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 08:33:34 PM by Emdeeh » Logged
ohthosegirls
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 09:06:27 PM »

Adam Jardine and Billy Hinsche rehearsing

What's going on with this picture, too!? Carnie's? head looks like it is superimposed!

I would pay to go see this band for sure.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx