-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:58:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  What beer do you drink?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What beer do you drink?  (Read 34964 times)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2012, 01:44:11 PM »

Newcastle Brown Ale  Grin
agreed   Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2012, 02:51:10 PM »

Hoegaarden is my favorite, but I like any except for US Macro Brews and IPA's.

Ah, someone has good taste   Smiley

It's definitely Grolsch for me, especially the Herfstbok (a seasonal beer, only sold in autumn and winter), but the Kanon (= Canon... yes, that name pretty much sums it up  Grin. )

Another great (and strong) beer is Kasteel (and - no - this a not Castle lager).
Other personal favorites: Palm, Hoegaarden, Leffe (Blond, or Triple)

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2012, 02:59:29 PM »

Stag

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2012, 03:04:33 PM »

Sir, I am the reigning Smiley Smile drunk. The only way to settle this would be the time-honoured pints at dawn.  Beer

Ahem.

Anyway, some of mine are Hacker Pschorr (the Oktoberfest and Munich Gold), Surly Furious or Surly Cynic, New Belgian Ranger, Brooklyn Lager, Deschutes Inversion, Schell's Firebrick. Generally not a fan of heavier darks, stouts and such. But I'm pretty easy to please: while I feel like I have some decent taste, I'll drink what I'm given without complaint. (Nobody likes a snob ... except himself.)

Speaking of Hoegaardens, I had quite a few last night, as a matter of fact. Not really a go-to, but hit the spot yesterday.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2012, 03:07:23 PM »

It's definitely Grolsch for me,

I've had that a few times and loved it.

PS: Thanks, over and over, for making this thread - I've learned of a few more beers I need to try in the next few weeks/months.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:10:39 PM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2012, 03:08:08 PM »

anybody here ever had a St. Pauli Girl?

Grin

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2012, 03:08:51 PM »

My personal favorites, in alphabetical order:

Cantillon (Gueuze / Kriek / Rosé de Gambrinus / Fou'Foune)
Chimay (Blue)
Delirium Tremens
Duvel
Grolsch
Guinness
Leffe (Blond)

...And by a hot summer day with friends and a nice BBQ, I have nothing against a Budweiser or a Corona. I don't get the hate towards those beers - they're good for what they are, that is to say honest, almost "soft" beverages that go well with many kinds of foods but add a refreshing twist to them.

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2012, 03:14:14 PM »

Delirium Tremens

Good call!

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2012, 03:15:40 PM »

I used to frequent another forum 'Tiki Central' back during my exotica music phase - there is a 75+ page thread titled "What are you drinking right now?"

quite interesting to see all the drinks these people come up with.

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2012, 03:18:43 PM »

Can we also agree that Corona should be illegal?
I'm sorry guys, but that's the worst beer I've ever had.
I'm with you, man; the UN should be tasked to resolve that problem.

I have a preference for Pilsner Urquell - although it costs a wad, great flavoured brew and always a pleasure - good hot weather gear.

Did I notice some Fosters hate before? Well said, as most big brand Australian beers are completely rooted (beer scented water), although the boutique market is kickin' butt.  A case of ok beer is around $40-45 at the moment!!!

We also have a growing cider epidemic on our hands
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:21:32 PM by Alholio71 » Logged

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2012, 03:21:29 PM »

What's everyone's favorite of their local beers? City, state, country, whatever works best for you to answer.

While our (Minnesota) most known current beer is probably Summit's EPA, I highly, highly recommend anyone who can get a Surly Cynic or Furious to do so.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2012, 03:34:09 PM »

What's everyone's favorite of their local beers? City, state, country, whatever works best for you to answer.

While our (Minnesota) most known current beer is probably Summit's EPA, I highly, highly recommend anyone who can get a Surly Cynic or Furious to do so.

Luther, do you think they would they sell those at a beer and wine shop here in Virginia?

I am terrible when it comes to local beers. Our famous local (central Virginia) brewery is Starr Hill - apparently they make some great beer, but I've never tried it. Perhaps this thread will get me to.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 11, 2012, 03:39:49 PM »

I'll bet you could find Summit in a decent shop. Surly...less likely. It's quite new (<5 years, anyway) and just gaining hold even here.

You can always find Grain Belt!

Craig Boyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2012, 03:58:37 PM »

Newcastle Brown Ale  Grin

I've had that one before, and it's excellent!  The Brits are outstanding in this field!

We certainly are!  LOL

Although sadly they moved the production of "Newkie Broon" away from Newcastle to Yorkshire which is a shame  Angry
Kees
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2012, 03:42:25 AM »

Yeah. Altough I like Hertog Jan a little better   Azn
And: Leffe, Affligem, Steenbrugge (especially the blond ones) Well, just about all beers from Belgium really.  Grin
MBE
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2012, 05:01:02 AM »

Hoegaarden is my favorite, but I like any except for US Macro Brews and IPA's.

Ah, someone has good taste   Smiley

It's definitely Grolsch for me, especially the Herfstbok (a seasonal beer, only sold in autumn and winter), but the Kanon (= Canon... yes, that name pretty much sums it up  Grin. )

Another great (and strong) beer is Kasteel (and - no - this a not Castle lager).
Other personal favorites: Palm, Hoegaarden, Leffe (Blond, or Triple)
Thank you. I once tried a few styles of Hoegaarden that were really good but they don't sell them here. I think Grand Cru was one and then the other was Spéciale. I would love to have those again. Leffe and Grolsch are also very good. Like Luther I also like Hacker Pschorr a lot. I've tried about five kinds and they all are great.
Locally I like Two Brothers Monarch Wit and Ebel Weiss.
over and over
Smiley Smile Associate

Help you in whatever you do

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 13, 2012, 12:36:32 AM »

I've had that a few times and loved it.

PS: Thanks, over and over, for making this thread - I've learned of a few more beers I need to try in the next few weeks/months.

Same here man. I've really been out of the loop. Some of these beers I've never heard of, but at the end of the day, getting drunk is the goal.  Grin

"Give me a break, I'm trying something new." - Brian Wilson
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2012, 10:26:43 AM »

I've got some New Belgium Dig (pale ale) here today. And with a forecast of sunny and mid-70s, I think it's going to be awfully good with some grilled food. (Eggplant--aubergine for some of you, I suppose--and portabellas with mozzarella and parmesan on a grilled roll.)

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2012, 10:00:06 AM »

Another great ale is Old Peculiar, an English ale, of course.  Not sure if this is still made.  I used to drink it at the Harbor Inn in the Cleveland Flats.

All the great ales are from England!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2012, 09:00:09 AM »

Another great ale is Old Peculiar, an English ale, of course.  Not sure if this is still made.  I used to drink it at the Harbor Inn in the Cleveland Flats.

All the great ales are from England!

HELL YEAH

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
oddsbodkins
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2012, 08:15:45 AM »

Sloop gets it.
oddsbodkins
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2012, 08:16:56 AM »

Surly Furious is my favorite IPA.  Being in Chicago, we've missed their kegs for the past 2 years.  Thankfully there are a few online shops that ship!
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2012, 08:20:23 AM »

Sloop gets it.

All Cantillons are quite expensive compared to other beers but they're definitely worth the price. Nice to find another Cantillon enthusiast!  Wink

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
oddsbodkins
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2012, 04:56:05 PM »

Sloop gets it.

All Cantillons are quite expensive compared to other beers but they're definitely worth the price. Nice to find another Cantillon enthusiast!  Wink

They don't even see the shelves in Chicago.  Gone in a whisper.  I'm down to one Cantillon in the cellar... but it's an '09 Blabaer!
thatjacob
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2012, 02:29:23 AM »

I'm poor so I usually end up drinking Simpler Times Lager (Trader Joes), PBR, Yuengling Lager Drafts, or High Life tallboys.
I'll occasionally spend the $10 and get a Delirium Nocturnum. That's more of twice a year treat, though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: