-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:58:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  What beer do you drink?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What beer do you drink?  (Read 34918 times)
over and over
Smiley Smile Associate

Help you in whatever you do

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2012, 03:00:39 AM »

I think I'm the smiley smile drunk, but there is probably people here that can drink me under the table.
What's your beer of choice?

"Give me a break, I'm trying something new." - Brian Wilson
MBE
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 03:14:07 AM »

Hoegaarden is my favorite, but I like any except for US Macro Brews and IPA's.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 03:20:32 AM »

Sir, I am the reigning Smiley Smile drunk. The only way to settle this would be the time-honoured pints at dawn.  Beer

Find myself drinking a lot of Guinness nowadays - however, if I can find Meantime Wheat Beer or Duvel in any boozer, I am on it.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
over and over
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 03:29:22 AM »

Everyone is going to hate me.............Bud is my drink of choice.
(runs away)

MBE
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 04:07:25 AM »

Sir, I am the reigning Smiley Smile drunk. The only way to settle this would be the time-honoured pints at dawn.  Beer

Find myself drinking a lot of Guinness nowadays - however, if I can find Meantime Wheat Beer or Duvel in any boozer, I am on it.
Meantime Wheat sounds good. I like Guinness a lot too lately, Duvel is real nice and smooth.
MBE
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 04:08:22 AM »

(runs away)
I don't hate you just the beer!  Grin
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 04:17:27 AM »

I like mostly anything.

I'd say that Guinness is my favorite. I really like the taste of Blue Moon. And there's almost nothing more refreshing than an ice-cold Budweiser after a long day of work! (runs away trying to catch up with over-and-over LOL)

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
over and over
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 04:30:52 AM »

Hoegaarden is my favorite, but I like any except for US Macro Brews and IPA's.

Where's Hoegaarden? I don't think I've seen that anywhere. I'm always trying to find new beers.

(runs away)
I don't hate you just the beer!  Grin

LOL

I like mostly anything.

I'd say that Guinness is my favorite. I really like the taste of Blue Moon. And there's almost nothing more refreshing than an ice-cold Budweiser after a long day of work! (runs away trying to catch up with over-and-over LOL)

I need to try Guinness, never had it before.
There's just something about seeing that brown bottle with the red label that just puts a big SMiLE on my face  Grin
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 04:38:39 AM by over and over » Logged

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 04:37:47 AM »

(runs away)
I don't hate you just the beer!  Grin

LOL

I like mostly anything.

I need to try Guinness, never had it before.
There's just something about seeing that brown bottle with the red label that just puts a big SMiLE on my face  Grin

I know what you mean! I've never understood the hate for Budweiser, but to each his own.

And definitely pick up some Guinness extra stout next time you're at the store - it's incredibly popular for a reason!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
over and over
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 05:05:30 AM »

Then

I know what you mean! I've never understood the hate for Budweiser, but to each his own.

And definitely pick up some Guinness extra stout next time you're at the store - it's incredibly popular for a reason!

I don't know if you live in the U.S., but my brother told me that the beer at a grocery store has less alcohol percentage then the ones at "Beer & Tobacco" stores. Does anyone know if this is true?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:42:04 AM by over and over » Logged

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 05:08:20 AM »

Hoegaarden is lovely stuff, although not the best Wheat Beer imo. Blue Moon is great.... also, try Leffe if you haven't. Rich as hell.

Don't get the hate for Bud either, it's manna from heaven compared to Carling or Fosters or other 'standard' beer. It's a damn sight better than most American beers too (Coors should be illegal), although not as good as Sam Adams. Mmm....

Yeah, and Guinness! Best served in a pint, poured properly, rather than a can or a bottle but IDK how popular it is in the states. I don't know if they do it in America, but the Nigerian export Guinness is something else - 8% or something and incredible.... if rather effective  LOL

Goddammit, it's midday and I have to work and this thread is making me want to get a pint..... might go for a liquid lunch  LOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

over and over
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 05:13:12 AM »

Hoegaarden is lovely stuff, although not the best Wheat Beer imo. Blue Moon is great.... also, try Leffe if you haven't. Rich as hell.

Don't get the hate for Bud either, it's manna from heaven compared to Carling or Fosters or other 'standard' beer. It's a damn sight better than most American beers too (Coors should be illegal), although not as good as Sam Adams. Mmm....

Yeah, and Guinness! Best served in a pint, poured properly, rather than a can or a bottle but IDK how popular it is in the states. I don't know if they do it in America, but the Nigerian export Guinness is something else - 8% or something and incredible.... if rather effective  LOL

Goddammit, it's midday and I have to work and this thread is making me want to get a pint..... might go for a liquid lunch  LOL

Can we also agree that Corona should be illegal?
I'm sorry guys, but that's the worst beer I've ever had.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2012, 05:16:38 AM »

Seriously, any beer you have to put a lime in to give it flavour is simply not good beer.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2012, 05:38:15 AM »

Seriously, any beer you have to put a lime in to give it flavour is simply not good beer.

For real!?!? Corona and lime is great! Lovely with a mexican dinner.

@over and over - The beer they sell in grocery stores is mostly generic and is about 4-5% alcohol content. The beers they sell at beer and wine shops are more specialized and some have higher alcohol percentage.

MBE
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2012, 06:04:08 AM »

I don't why but I always had trouble drinking Bud. I do like the label but the corn in it just ruins it for me.  Hoegaarden is Belgium and is kind of like Blue Moon if a bit cleaner. Corona is fine to me because it's less sticky or bitter than Bud or Miller. Worst beer I had is probably Schlitz or Busch. Red Dog or Old Milwaukee is really bad.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 07:18:50 AM »

I don't why but I always had trouble drinking Bud. I do like the label but the corn in it just ruins it for me.  Hoegaarden is Belgium and is kind of like Blue Moon if a bit cleaner. Corona is fine to me because it's less sticky or bitter than Bud or Miller. Worst beer I had is probably Schlitz or Busch. Red Dog or Old Milwaukee is really bad.

I'm looking forward to trying that!

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 09:58:09 AM »

I've sampled some great and not-so-great beers, but one that I enjoyed as a surprise first-tasting more than any other was Grimbergen. Duvel is great as a treat. I love Guinness draft when it's done the right way. Hacker-Pschorr, Hoegaarden, several other imports: Great stuff. For domestics, Yuengling Lager was the staple for many years, but when they opened another brewery in Florida, rather than just the original location in Pottsville, PA, the quality of their bottled beer got a bit inconsistent. I switched to Lager cans, and they were a lot more fresh and crisp - that is my go-to budget domestic. For microbrews, the Brooklyn company is great: Their IPA is terrific, one of my favorite higher-alcohol beers. Yards makes a good brew, as does Stoudt's in PA. Harpoon I always thought was a tad overrated, especially in the Boston area where everything from that area is overhyped, including the damn sports teams. But Sam Adams "Cherry Wheat", served at the Sam Adams brew pub when it used to be on Boylston St., was one of the best tasting drafts I have ever had. Delicious. I avoid it in bottles because too many cases I bought have been skunked. Weyerbacher in Easton PA makes this sample pack called "Big Beers", including one called "Blithering Idiot", that will absolutely get you wrecked but you'll enjoy the taste of the beer in the process.

There was one beer I loved which only came in a sample pack case - from a microbrewery - I would buy the case in the Boston area, and this one beer in it was just terrific. Then I bought some after leaving Boston, and it was skunked - and the only way to get this one variety was in the sample case. I wish I could remember more about it - maybe that says a lot about how much i enjoyed that particular brew: It was so good, I can't remember what it was. Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 10:17:15 AM »

My number 1 is Lost Coast's Great White. It's really really good. I'm also quite partial to pretty much anything by Lagunitas. And if I'm just drinking swill, first choice PBR, second Miller High Life.

No mas, por favor.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 10:44:05 AM »

PBR??? I was waiting for that to show up in this thread... Smiley Swill is too kind a word to describe that drink.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 11:01:30 AM »

PBR is much better than the MGDs, Buds, & Coorses that seem to be as equally as popular. Quite an inoffensive taste. Heaters gonna heat.

No mas, por favor.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 11:25:03 AM »

PBR is much better than the MGDs, Buds, & Coorses that seem to be as equally as popular. Quite an inoffensive taste. Heaters gonna heat.

I used to drink PBR and Rolling Rock constantly with my more hipster friends. PBR has quite the redneck/hipster following in my area. And inoffensive is a good way to put it. Not bad, not great, just right.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 11:28:12 AM by rab2591 » Logged

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 11:50:18 AM »

Why has Rolling Rock fallen off recently? When I was in school, that was the beer which was a step above the frat beers like Keystone, which were thin as piss and cheap.

MGD was tolerable in the 16oz cans for a cheap buzz that didn't sour the stomach.

The ultimate cheap buzz that tasted good was Haffenreffer Private Stock in the 64oz green bottle. Cheesy

Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2012, 12:13:54 PM »

I used to drink Gösser dark beer, but it's hard to find.

Failing that, Anchor Steam!  Mmmmmmmmm

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Craig Boyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2012, 01:20:47 PM »

Newcastle Brown Ale  Grin
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2012, 01:27:08 PM »

Newcastle Brown Ale  Grin

I've had that one before, and it's excellent!  The Brits are outstanding in this field!

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: