gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680839 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 09:01:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Song: Make Some Music For Yourself  (Read 1624 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2012, 04:38:15 AM »

So, I threatened new material. And here it is!

Should maybe explain the context - my 'concept' album is essentially my love letter to Nilsson's The Point!, and was written by me and a couple of friends. Bear with me, but it's about a man who falls into a piano (where have we heard that before? Grin)  and finds a world called 'The Globe' in which hi-jinks ensue as he tries to get home. At any rate, I've been sitting on it for nearly a year and haven't had the chance to start recording it until now, so I'm really excited! This is the finale, and is suitably OTT

http://soundcloud.com/samblack-1/make-some-music-for-yourself

Hope you like it! Should have more bits and bobs to upload over the next couple of months if all goes to plan....

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 06:45:02 AM »

Can't wait to hear this whole album. Shocked

The lyrics perfectly describe my life haha! Really love them! Everything flows nicely. Great job!

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 07:52:12 AM »

Great start for your concept album.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 11:11:21 AM »

Very cool! I like the laid back vocals.
Were you inspired at all by "Add Some Music To Your Day"?

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 01:08:57 PM »

Nice man! I can definitely relate to this song.

Love the vocal arrangement in the bridge and tag. Keep it up!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 05:55:10 PM »

Some really enjoyable bits there, hypehat. I love the sing-songy nature: definitely right in character for the finale of a musical. (I know you said concept album. I said musical. Damnit.)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 07:10:03 PM »

Some really enjoyable bits there, hypehat. I love the sing-songy nature: definitely right in character for the finale of a musical. (I know you said concept album. I said musical. Damnit.)

If I had a stage, Busby Berkeley and several thousand pounds, you'd be right  Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 02:30:36 AM »

Very nice Hypehat. I really admire you for trying out stuff that is more quirky and adventurous than some of the more straight-ahead efforts the rest of us post here.  Smiley

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx