gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 12:42:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 10: Beacon Theatre - New York, NY 5/9/12 (SETLIST/PICS/REVIEWS)  (Read 58331 times)
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 11, 2012, 09:56:46 AM »

Plus regarding my video...note Brian do his classic look at the guys as they're all singing @ 1:15.  I wish I was able to see more of Brian but you can kinda make his expressions.  He's looking at them like, "Yeah guys!  Sounding great!"  I think having them all gathered around the piano does wonders for Brian.  It's a bit more natural to him than just being on stage and playing to an audience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HSWj2DKtd4&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 10:35:51 AM by Justin » Logged
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 11, 2012, 10:12:43 AM »

And 'All This Is That'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8bKGCsNMbE
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 11, 2012, 10:29:30 AM »

Foskett sounds great on "Jai Guru Dev".  Shocked
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 11, 2012, 10:31:02 AM »

Damn, that was excellent.  Thank you, Mr. Sosa!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 11, 2012, 10:34:58 AM »

Thought that was Totten.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 11, 2012, 10:36:41 AM »

first time in 42 years, says Bruce.. . .

First time since 1994, IIRC (at least that's the last time I saw them perform "Add Some Music").

They sound phenomenal in that clip -- now, that's the Beach Boys!

If only they had performed TWW and ASM in Atlanta... sigh. You guys are lucky.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: May 11, 2012, 10:38:29 AM »

Thought that was Totten.

Not sure if you can tell from the video, but I was in the audience and it was Foskett. I think Scott has sang it with Mike & Bruce before because Randell Kirsch can't hit the notes but I guess Foskett can.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 11, 2012, 10:45:04 AM »

Thought that was Totten.

No, it's Foskett. I thought it was Totten too when the first audience recordings came out (Totten sings that part with Mike & Bruce and it sounded like him to me), but it's definitely Foskett, singing solo. He does that part remarkably well, I think -- the best bit of vocals he does in the show.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 11, 2012, 10:52:03 AM »

Marcella
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g34uojCvqk&feature=youtu.be

The clip is so short..sorry!  Like I said earlier, security was to my left and I could only sneak a couple minutes when they looked away. I wanted to film a few other favorites but they wouldn't let me.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 10:53:19 AM by Justin » Logged
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 11, 2012, 10:54:05 AM »

Thought that was Totten.

No, it's Foskett. I thought it was Totten too when the first audience recordings came out (Totten sings that part with Mike & Bruce and it sounded like him to me), but it's definitely Foskett, singing solo. He does that part remarkably well, I think -- the best bit of vocals he does in the show.

From my vantage point, I could clearly see Jeff sing that part.  Well done too.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: May 11, 2012, 10:55:32 AM »

Marcella
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5g34uojCvqk&feature=youtu.be

The clip is so short..sorry!  Like I said earlier, security was to my left and I could only sneak a couple minutes when they looked away. I wanted to film a few other favorites but they wouldn't let me.

Allright ! I hope they'll be playing it in Berlin. Saw Brian do it in Franfurt in 2004. Such a great tune !
How was the audience reaction ?
Thanks for your videos !

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2012, 10:56:10 AM »

And check out one of Mike's smiles/thumbs up to Brian at 0:11 as a sign of support.  Sweet to see many instances of that throughout the night.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2012, 10:58:29 AM »

Thanks, Justin.  Add Some music was unbelievable. Not just the singing, but the whole thing.  Standing around the piano, Al and Bruce laughing at each other, Brian's look at 1:15 as Justin noted.  Did we really just see this?

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2012, 11:02:51 AM »

My pleasure southbay...it was a beautiful moment.  Magical.

My seat for the previous night's show was directly in front of Brian...see my vantage point below.  If only they did "Add Some Music" that night!

stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 11, 2012, 11:04:54 AM »

Thanks for the pics & videos. Marcella & Add Some Music sound so good! I hope they remain in the setlist or are at least replaced with some Love You cuts.

No mas, por favor.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: May 11, 2012, 11:06:24 AM »

Thanks for the pics & videos. Marcella & Add Some Music sound so good! I hope they remain in the setlist or are at least replaced with some Love You cuts.

No replacements. The setlist will grow until they have 50 songs in the set  3D

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 11, 2012, 11:11:35 AM »

Marcella was cut off.  Did Scott play that voracious solo (like he did with Brian's band) or did Totten or Dave play it? Looks like Mike got into it and Brian was reading it, but..............Brian's band kicked ass on it previously.  Hope they do this one June 1. !

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 11, 2012, 11:25:27 AM »

Damn, that was excellent.  Thank you, Mr. Sosa!

You're welcome!  I wish I had more video to share...but security was really, really tough.  And it's hard to be so sneaky when you're right up front!
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2012, 11:38:07 AM »

It's becoming great, but this show still needs some WILD HONEY, SU and COOL WATER
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2012, 11:43:02 AM »

Through google I found this:

Source (wth short review): http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/17705-the-beach-boys-at-the-beacon-theater-5912/

And another review:

http://www.qchron.com/qboro/stories/beach-boys-th-anniversary-tour-comes-to-new-york/article_b219ff38-9b8c-11e1-8fbb-0019bb2963f4.html

EDIT:

During the show Love broke the audience up when he said, “Brian, it’s good to have you here because I get to do songs that I normally don’t get to do.”
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 12:27:02 PM by Rocker » Logged

- Jack Rieley
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 11, 2012, 12:20:17 PM »

Marcella was cut off.  Did Scott play that voracious solo (like he did with Brian's band) or did Totten or Dave play it? Looks like Mike got into it and Brian was reading it, but..............Brian's band kicked ass on it previously.  Hope they do this one June 1. !
Dave took the solo.
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 11, 2012, 12:37:22 PM »

From the Queens Chronicle  interview: "and it helped get the dreadful Forever out of the way".  Huh?  Good grief.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 11, 2012, 12:52:23 PM »

He's an idiot, Norm.  Another stupid reviewer.

Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 11, 2012, 12:52:35 PM »

Pics I took:

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 12:59:24 PM by Justin » Logged
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 11, 2012, 01:01:52 PM »

nice pics.  What did you take those with?

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx