gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 06:55:23 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Show 4: Chastain Park -Atlanta, GA 4/28/12 (SETLIST/PICS/REVIEWS)  (Read 54189 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2012, 02:07:13 PM »

Surfin' safari:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyRUmwGt1iA&feature=related

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2012, 02:10:57 PM »

Ugh.  That's what I have to look forward to sitting waaaaaay back at the Hollywood Bowl.  Goodie.   Undecided
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2012, 02:11:41 PM »

Surfin' Safari
http://youtu.be/QyRUmwGt1iA

Forever, Heroes & Villains
http://youtu.be/lB6_NHQCFw8

SeanMaster150
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2012, 04:29:51 PM »

It wasn't that far back. The video makes it look worse. I could see them very clearly. I have a ton of videos up on my channel.

IE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXofxmFXdq8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEm0vmunISw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEm0vmunISw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKF9Kj_bByY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f29MCeYJ-yU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f46Nr9Ub7DE

And not to fuel the autotune debate, but there was definitely some going on with Brian. I wanted to believe there wasn't, but it's there. You can hear it in some of my videos. Great show overall though.  Smiley
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 29, 2012, 04:33:46 PM »

Well not so much a comment about just the distance but rather the rather "laid back" crowd the further back you get...
SeanMaster150
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 29, 2012, 04:35:08 PM »

It got better as the night went on.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 29, 2012, 04:36:36 PM »

Well not so much a comment about just the distance but rather the rather "laid back" crowd the further back you get...

Better laid back than 1,000 of that woman 10 rows down on the far left.

No mas, por favor.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2012, 04:43:07 PM »

Not to be harsh but instead of banning recording devices and cameras they should announce "NO SINGING ALONG!".

Couldn't tell if the band or the crowd was out of tune on WIBN...so I won't say much but something vocally was really sour on WIBN. Just sit back and listen, leave the singing to the band! Bop the ol' beach ball if it comes around, just don't try to sing with them, folks... Smiley

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2012, 04:47:24 PM »

i'm gonna spend half the show trying to get everyone to stand up and clap/dance
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2012, 04:49:46 PM »

That's all good, clapping and dancing is fun, just tell them not to sing along... Grin

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
SeanMaster150
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2012, 04:52:49 PM »

Not to be harsh but instead of banning recording devices and cameras they should announce "NO SINGING ALONG!".

Couldn't tell if the band or the crowd was out of tune on WIBN...so I won't say much but something vocally was really sour on WIBN. Just sit back and listen, leave the singing to the band! Bop the ol' beach ball if it comes around, just don't try to sing with them, folks... Smiley

Al and Jeff did mess up at a few points. They didn't sing in sync. You don't notice it when you're there, though...
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: April 29, 2012, 04:55:51 PM »

Al and Jeff did mess up at a few points. They didn't sing in sync. You don't notice it when you're there, though...

So it was the band? I honestly couldn't tell, it sounded like some audience members were singing along and doing it very badly! That's why I didn't want to say too much other than a bit of joking/sarcasm. Nothing beats actually being there and hearing it live.

SeanMaster150
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 29, 2012, 04:57:27 PM »

So it was the band? I honestly couldn't tell, it sounded like some audience members were singing along and doing it very badly! That's why I didn't want to say too much other than a bit of joking/sarcasm. Nothing beats actually being there and hearing it live.

Probably both  Grin
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 29, 2012, 05:13:55 PM »

Mike sings the first verse as he always does but this time it's more audible. Razz

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
Craig Boyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 29, 2012, 05:27:25 PM »

Mike sings the first verse as he always does but this time it's more audible. Razz

Mr Love should be conserving his voice for his own leads rather than singing along to a notorious vocal shredder like WIBN. I did a cover of it once and it took me a good couple of days to recover from the experience!  LOL
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 29, 2012, 05:38:59 PM »

I think that's the crowd on WIBN! Someone does sound like Mike but honestly it sounds like that person is yelling. In fact I can't even hear Al or Jeff so I'll chalk it up to the crowd.
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 29, 2012, 05:41:31 PM »

On second listen, my God maybe that is Mike. Too high in the mix maybe.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:46:38 PM by tpesky » Logged
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 29, 2012, 05:43:21 PM »

He's been singing the first verse like that for more than 30 years, it's just too high in the mix here or he's too motivated. Razz
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:47:53 PM by SheriffJohnStone » Logged

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 29, 2012, 06:14:34 PM »

That's all good, clapping and dancing is fun, just tell them not to sing along... Grin

balderdash!! i'll be singing my guts out.  There's nothing like singing along with your favorite band along with 100 other people
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 29, 2012, 06:43:22 PM »

Aw, hell. I'll do my damndest, but I'll probably sing along. Sorry, Mohegan Sun. I promises I'll try really, really hard not to.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: April 29, 2012, 10:57:26 PM »

http://youtu.be/Z_yLtKT1cco

"All This Is That".  I shot this video.  Was going to put together a video of all the video I shot, but it was going to clock in at well over 30 minutes, so I scratched that idea.  Might upload a few more videos from this concert.  We'll see.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 29, 2012, 11:00:56 PM »

I have this same opinion, but I feel like such a hypocrite because I like to sing at concerts myself. The only time I don't like people singing is when a) they're behind me and their mouth is ever so conveniently RIGHT by my ear  and b) when it's on a live YouTube video/etc.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: April 29, 2012, 11:01:34 PM »

balderdash!! i'll be singing my guts out.  There's nothing like singing along with your favorite band along with 100 other people

I wonder if they could Autotune the audience.  Smiley

NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 29, 2012, 11:01:54 PM »

http://youtu.be/Z_yLtKT1cco

"All This Is That".  I shot this video.  Was going to put together a video of all the video I shot, but it was going to clock in at well over 30 minutes, so I scratched that idea.  Might upload a few more videos from this concert.  We'll see.

What other songs did you record?
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: April 29, 2012, 11:04:03 PM »

Bits and pieces from about half the concert.  Some of it just isn't worth sharing (music drowned out by crowd noise).  I'll see if there is anything salvageable. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx