gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680778 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 04:46:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manson/Dennis Story  (Read 39580 times)
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2012, 08:31:52 AM »

The book you are speaking of is a book about Neil Young by Jimmy McDonough, not "Neil's book".

Roll Eyes

And the parts I cited were quotes from Neil, those sections that are in italics in between Jimmy's third-party writing.

So it's not "Neil's book" technically, who cares.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2012, 08:32:32 AM »

I don't buy any of that.  Dennis Wilson was not to blame for anything Charles Manson did, and I don't think he should have or did feel that responsible for it.  If Manson's people were tooling around PCH they were obviously destined for LA/Hollywood, where Manson would have knocked on doors and tried to gain entry, somehow, to the music industry.  If he were that upset about Terry Melcher supposedly rejecting him, he undoubtedly would have found where Terry was living and murdered him, or perhaps murdered his famous mother.  He also knew where Dennis was, and while he allegedly had people go to his house and rearrange his furniture, he never harmed Dennis or his family.  The guy was insane.  He thought the Beatles commanded him to have a race war by writing the song 'Helter Skelter."  So he went out and slaughtered some random, well-off white people, or had a bunch of his followers do it for him.  Then, one of his followers was divinely inspired to try to kill Gerald Ford.  None of it makes sense, and it would have happened if Manson had met Dennis or not, or Neil Young, or the man on the moon.

You're buying the myth sold by Bugliosi to a jury to win a case in which he had no physical DNA evidence on.
The reason the killings happened had nothing to do with "helter skelter", all that was pass-the-time drug theorising. The killings happened as the result of another crackpot scheme to get Bobby Beausoleil out of prison after his murder of Gary Hinman by committing copycat killings. By many accounts, Beausoleil was actually the most charismatic member of the Family, and the one many of the girls followed.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2012, 08:33:02 AM »

The book you are speaking of is a book about Neil Young by Jimmy McDonough, not "Neil's book".

Roll Eyes

And the parts I cited were quotes from Neil, those sections that are in italics in between Jimmy's third-party writing.

So it's not "Neil's book" technically, who cares.

Bitch, don't roll your eyes at me, you don't impress me. If you corrected something I said, you would have come up with three huge boring corrective paragraphs about it.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 08:33:55 AM by I. Spaceman » Logged

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2012, 08:35:16 AM »

Start your conflicts elsewhere, please. Thanks.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2012, 08:38:10 AM »

I didn't start anything, little man. Just do what I said, and watch how you talk to me, Uncle Remus. Patronise other people, not me. Not a request.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2012, 08:41:52 AM »

I didn't start anything, little man. Just do what I said, and watch how you talk to me, Uncle Remus. Patronise other people, not me. Not a request.

You want a conflict, you're not getting one. Just let it go.

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2012, 08:46:32 AM »

Just do what I told ya, and go bother someone else. If ya rolled yer eyes at me in public, you wouldn't be doing it twice. Conduct yourself here the way you would be conducting yourself in public. Simple. Then there will be no problem.

endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2012, 08:49:48 AM »

Bobby Beausoleil himself had music industry connections.  He was in a pre-Love band with Arthur Lee and also a band with David LaFlamme before David formed the mega-selling hippy electric violin band It's A Beautiful Day.  Not to mention having some film roles.  So, I don't think it's as if Manson had no music industry  or show business aspirations prior to meeting Dennis Wilson and Dennis was the catalyst for all his murderous impulses.  And no, those insane mass murders are not entirely explained as copycat killings to get Bobby exonerated by pinning them on someone else.  They went way beyond the initial murder so they made pretty poor copycats.  Manson and his followers did it for the thrill.
SBonilla
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2012, 08:50:15 AM »

When girls get together...
MBE
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2012, 08:52:42 AM »

Dennis wasn't a drunk or drug addict in 1968. Brian was plenty involved with Manson as was Carl and Mike.
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2012, 08:55:56 AM »

Dennis wasn't a drunk or drug addict in 1968. Brian was plenty involved with Manson as was Carl and Mike.

Yes, but Brian became a drunk and a drug addict himself, as well as Carl.  I don't think either of those two was connected to Manson enough that they would have felt any guilt about it.  The drinking and drugs came from a lot of other pressures.  I just don't buy that Dennis might still be alive or not have gotten as bad into booze or drugs had he not gotten involved with Charles Manson.  For one thing, he had the type of alcoholism that is inherited, in that he had a huge tolerance for it.  Both of his parents had signs of alcoholism so it just may have been his fate.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2012, 08:57:22 AM »

Just do what I told ya, and go bother someone else. If ya rolled yer eyes at me in public, you wouldn't be doing it twice. Conduct yourself here the way you would be conducting yourself in public. Simple. Then there will be no problem.

Consider treating people with more respect, that's the simple part. You don't control anyone or anything here, and you have no authority to tell anyone on this board what to do or how to act. You can try to push and bully and name-call people online all you want but it does not work with me, and threats don't work either. If you want to take the high ground and talk something out like actual people, let's go for it, I'm available. The threats, bullying, posturing, name calling, demands, all of that is kids' stuff. Let's not crowd this thread which was actually a pretty good one with a bunch of nonsense.  

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2012, 08:59:29 AM »

And no, those insane mass murders are not entirely explained as copycat killings to get Bobby exonerated by pinning them on someone else.  They went way beyond the initial murder so they made pretty poor copycats.  Manson and his followers did it for the thrill.

Not entirely explained, no. And of course, those killings had a major amount of "thrill" in their execution. But that cockamamie "helter skelter" thing had very little to do with anything, and the Beach Boys thing didn't either. The reason the Polanski residence was chosen had much more to do with previous occurrences at that house that had nothing to do with Melcher. Susan Atkins had already been there with Anton LeVey.

Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2012, 09:00:03 AM »

I. Spaceman is our resident baby yes?  I love it when people try to act tough, but really just come off as childish.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2012, 09:02:33 AM »

Consider treating people with more respect, that's the simple part.

Offering one simple correction WAS treating you with respect. Rolling your eyes at me for no reason whatsoever, not respect. Very simple, just admit it, then there is nothing more to talk about.

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2012, 09:03:50 AM »

I. Spaceman is our resident baby yes?  I love it when people try to act tough, but really just come off as childish.

Amusing! For a newbie.

Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2012, 09:08:53 AM »

Amusing! For a newbie.

I shall refrain, because I know I'm just poking a balloon filled with sh*t with a stick; generally not a good idea.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2012, 09:14:26 AM »

Amusing! For a newbie.

I shall refrain, because I know I'm just poking a balloon filled with sh*t with a stick; generally not a good idea.

The funny thing is that you think I am just saying things on the Internet, they way folks like you do, when I mean every single thing I say. If you want my home address, PM me. Then you can test your theory, man.
All I wanted to do was talk on topic, like everyone else.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2012, 09:18:08 AM »

Offering one simple correction WAS treating you with respect. Rolling your eyes at me for no reason whatsoever, not respect. Very simple, just admit it, then there is nothing more to talk about.

If an eye-rolling smiley on a message board leads to calling someone "bitch", "Uncle Remus", "little man", and all the other crap that followed, the problem is not mine to address. And I'll say again the option is there to take the high road or keep stoking the fire until it gets out of hand. No one has the power or authority to demand anything from anyone here or pretty much anywhere else except in school and commerce where there are positions of authority in place, and the bullying pose isn't welcome.

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2012, 09:20:15 AM »

If an eye-rolling smiley on a message board leads to calling someone "bitch", "Uncle Remus", "little man", and all the other crap that followed, the problem is not mine to address. And I'll say again the option is there to take the high road or keep stoking the fire until it gets out of hand. No one has the power or authority to demand anything from anyone here or pretty much anywhere else except in school and commerce where there are positions of authority in place, and the bullying pose isn't welcome.

You really think you're some kind of an opera star, now don't ya?

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 18, 2012, 09:24:45 AM »

Guitarfool, I hope this makes you appreciate our discussions more!  Cheesy
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2012, 09:27:44 AM »

For what it is worth, I apologise for my part in derailing this fine thread. Mine and Craig's problems with each other go back several years and several boards.

guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2012, 09:28:01 AM »

Everybody is a star. Treat others that way.

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2012, 09:30:26 AM »

Everybody is a star. Treat others that way.

I don't roll my eyes at other people, Encyclopedia Brown! Hey, I'm sorry me and Jon Hunt booted you off our board!

Exapno Mapcase
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2012, 09:35:18 AM »

"The surface of the true story of Manson, the BB and the LA music/movie scene hasn't even been scratched."

Feel free to scratch away, AGD.  What do we know? 

Is it right that the Beach Boys who recorded Charlie were Brian and Carl, not Dennis. Right?

Honk! Honk!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx