gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680783 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 09:43:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: So what actually happened to Taylor Mills  (Read 16949 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2012, 05:39:48 PM »

Did she get the boot, did she leave, why did she never come back?

I'm pretty curious

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 07:33:26 PM »

She had a nice voice, but I wasnt big on the female addition to the blend
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 08:29:58 PM »

By all means, it is much better to listen to men trying to sound like women than an actual woman's voice.
I thought it was a brave, honest move to alter the basic sound of the "blend", which to be honest, is dishonest the closer it comes to "incredible simulation" territory of the real Beach Boys sound. That sound, that blend, is gone, over, finito.
Don Was's attempt to rearrange and update the Brian Wilson sound for the I Just Wasn't Made For These Times soundtrack wasn't really a success, but I'd rather have a brave failure than the middling, bland vocal success of recent years.
But, really, I am a Beach Boys "classic years" fan, not so much of the Wilsonmania years. So what do I know?

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 08:52:20 PM »

She posted on her Facebook page a month or two ago that she hopes to be backing touring with Brian again after the Beach Boys reunion tour.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 09:09:11 PM »

I sure missed her, and the band seemed to as well, on the US Gershwin shows last year.

No longer any doubt about her contribution to the sound OR the show.  A crucial part of the Brian Wilson Band vocal sound.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 10:20:19 PM »

By all means, it is much better to listen to men trying to sound like women than an actual woman's voice.
I thought it was a brave, honest move to alter the basic sound of the "blend", which to be honest, is dishonest the closer it comes to "incredible simulation" territory of the real Beach Boys sound. That sound, that blend, is gone, over, finito.
Don Was's attempt to rearrange and update the Brian Wilson sound for the I Just Wasn't Made For These Times soundtrack wasn't really a success, but I'd rather have a brave failure than the middling, bland vocal success of recent years.
But, really, I am a Beach Boys "classic years" fan, not so much of the Wilsonmania years. So what do I know?
I agree with that.
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 10:25:29 PM »

She posted on her Facebook page a month or two ago that she hopes to be backing touring with Brian again after the Beach Boys reunion tour.

So that means Brian is going to get back to touring as a solo act when all of this is said and done?

And here I was preparing myself for the end..... yay!
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 10:28:01 PM »

So that means Brian is going to get back to touring as a solo act when all of this is said and done?

And here I was preparing myself for the end..... yay!

Don't know if I would consider that an official confirmation. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 10:29:59 PM »

Don't know if I would consider that an official confirmation. 

don't blow out my flickering flame of hope.

i'll take what i can get Wink
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2012, 10:33:29 PM »

What happened ? I'm confident that, along with everything else, the truth about this will emerge from the innermost circle in the fullness of time.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2012, 11:48:25 PM »

Did she get the boot, did she leave, why did she never come back?

Brian got her pregnant and she went off to have the baby in Tallahassee.

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
Exapno Mapcase
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2012, 12:35:02 AM »

"So what do I know?"

You on your meds today, Ian?

Honk! Honk!
Paulos
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2012, 03:42:41 AM »

Apparently Taylor's cochleae exploded after being exposed to Jeff's falsetto one time too many...
Eireannach
Smiley Smile Associate

bedårar

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2012, 07:23:06 AM »

Apparently Taylor's cochleae exploded after being exposed to Jeff's falsetto one time too many...

I knew it.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 07:49:31 AM »

Put me down on the side that loved her.  I'm a sucker for beautiful women, especially when they have a nice voice, and a beautiful disposition.  I thought she was fantastic. 
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 08:10:21 AM »

This thread proving once again that it must be beneficial in some official circles to let speculation rule the narrative rather than simply reporting the actual story. Anything surrounding the Beach Boys seems to fall into this trap, and they don't seem to change anything. Witness: Al and Smile, Van Dyke Parks and the Smile Sessions project, Gibson and Fender guitar endorsements on upcoming tours, etc.

I saw one of Brian's first "comeback" shows in the late 90's. Taylor Mills was a highlight that night, both musically and visually: She was as much of a stage presence as anything other than Brian himself, who of course people were there to see no matter who was backing him up. After getting over the fact that the once-improbable sight of Brian playing on stage in the late 90's was actually happening, I have to say that Taylor Mills was definitely a big surprise, and I'm sure a lot of folks who saw her with Brian wanted to learn more about her: And all of that would be a moot point if she didn't add to the sound of the band, which she did. Her voice on the BWPS Smile was also a refreshing addition, and it was great to hear her in the blend.

Whatever happened should just be told officially, because honestly the damned rumors and speculations may be more nasty than the actual story. Or perhaps not...let the PR folks decide that.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 08:44:09 AM »

This thread proving once again that it must be beneficial in some official circles to let speculation rule the narrative rather than simply reporting the actual story.

Exactly. Same ol' sh!t, different day, GF.  Thanks for telling it like it is.

Time for the Bullsh!t Police to move in here.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 08:55:26 AM »

This thread proving once again that it must be beneficial in some official circles to let speculation rule the narrative rather than simply reporting the actual story.

Exactly. Same ol' sh!t, different day, GF.  Thanks for telling it like it is.

Time for the Bullsh!t Police to move in here.

Whatever happened should just be told officially, because honestly the damned rumors and speculations may be more nasty than the actual story.

Wait what are you guys referring to? All I see in this thread are jokes and discussion of how much people like her in the band. Where are the dirty rumors?
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 09:12:59 AM »

Well.....................the rumor is...................that....................I think I'm in love with you, Ivy.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 09:27:37 AM »

Well.....................the rumor is...................that....................I think I'm in love with you, Ivy.
everyones in love with you..
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 10:10:09 AM »

"Foskett!"

Shocked

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 12:34:09 PM »

"So what do I know?"

You on your meds today, Ian?

You sucked your daily quota of c.ock today?

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2012, 01:13:04 PM »

She had nice hair and I liked to look at her during the shows. Maybe I looked at her too much.

She tore it up on “Marcella” and “Your Imagination” and played some awesome triangle when needed.

She got when the getting was good. I wouldn’t have wanted to perform those dull Gershwin and Disney songs neither.

Rejoining after the Beach Boys reunion tour? I thought Brian was talking of retirement. And I think he should. At least from the road. There’s nothing more for him to accomplish out there.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2012, 01:20:20 PM »

Somehow I can't imagine Brian hitting the road again in 2013... at least not for another Greatest Hits summer tour. Guess it was just Taylor being nice / wishful thinking on her part when posting it on Facebook.
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2012, 01:58:26 PM »

well i assumed as much but still no rumorz

She had nice hair and I liked to look at her during the shows. Maybe I looked at her too much.

hahahaha

Somehow I can't imagine Brian hitting the road again in 2013... at least not for another Greatest Hits summer tour. Guess it was just Taylor being nice / wishful thinking on her part when posting it on Facebook.

/selfishweepy

This would be an appropriate note to retire on but just....... wahhh nodon'tsayit'sover
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx