gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680783 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 12:28:24 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "That's Why God Made The Radio" Single!  (Read 251332 times)
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: April 25, 2012, 06:03:45 AM »

Interesting that the Track list does not include "Waves of Love," even though it was reported earlier, I wonder if Carl is on the album anywhere.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:05:39 AM by Parks Asher » Logged
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #976 on: April 25, 2012, 06:05:48 AM »

Hmmm...they played the Hollywood Bowl in '82...
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 25, 2012, 06:07:59 AM »

That summers gone title has popped up again
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 25, 2012, 06:11:21 AM »

Thanks for the info RONDEMON!!

TWGMTR released today! Cheesy

Hmm… maybe on one side of the Atlantic Channel…

Good point.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #979 on: April 25, 2012, 06:17:11 AM »

Sorry if I missed it, but have we determined which piece of John Barry music the chorus resembles?

It must be the same music that Ray Davies copped a bit of for the Kinks' song "A Face In The Crowd" (1974)...which I was just listening to a day or so back! Anyway, the descending chords have a sad elegance that give the song a nice, mature feel. It's a mainstream ballad without being obnoxiously so. If it resembles anything from the Beach Boys' own catalog, I'd say it recalls "Keep An Eye On Summer".

EDIT: O.K. - thanks to another thread, I realize the chorus is a lift from John Barry's theme score for the James Bond film "You Only Live Twice". No problem for me, that's a great piece of music to "borrow"!

I wouldn't say it's a lift from "YOLT", since the descending riff in THAT song has more movement of notes melody-wise.  But to me, it instantly reminded me of something I couldn't quite place at first, but occurred to me awhile later...Danny Kirwan's instrumental "Sunny Side Of Heaven" from Fleetwood Mac's "Bare Trees" album.  Then, the first few notes of the verse remind me of "Your Summer Dream".
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 25, 2012, 06:18:33 AM »

Wow! Thanks for this! It's really informative, just what we needed!

Am I looking into the "additional EUR dates" bit too much, or could this be the UK? Please?!

If so, I am going to save all my wedding money and spend it on tickets! :D

I doubt it, from everything we've heard. However, even so it still could be good news for some of us. If they do a show in Amsterdam, for example, that's actually both closer, and cheaper to get to, from Manchester, where I live, than London is. Popping over on a budget airline would be cheaper than getting a train or driving from say Glasgow or Birmingham to London (or vice versa). Even though I'm going to two shows in Italy already, I'll definitely consider any other European dates that are announced...

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Zargo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 25, 2012, 06:20:07 AM »

Quote from: RONDEMON
[b
The Beach Boys have also confirmed concerts throughout Europe with additional European territories to be announced shortly.  The Beach Boys will also perform shows in Japan, and concerts in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia will be announced soon.  All confirmed tour dates can be found on TheBeachBoys.com.[/b]

Unreal!!!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #982 on: April 25, 2012, 06:22:03 AM »

Amazon is still showing a release date of tomorrow, 4/26, for the download single. Not sure why it says today. I don’t have access to iTunes at the moment, so I’m not sure if it’s already there.

The QVC thing is interesting. I’m wondering if the 5/16 date for availability of the album through QVC is just in referencing to being able to order it rather than it actually shipping to customers on 5/16.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Jaspy
Smiley Smile Associate

That's not me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #983 on: April 25, 2012, 06:22:30 AM »

Man, the Beach Boys really go for it  Cheesy

Thanks, thanks, thanks!

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #984 on: April 25, 2012, 06:26:33 AM »

Interesting that the Track list does not include "Waves of Love," even though it was reported earlier, I wonder if Carl is on the album anywhere.

It sounds like the Beach Boys worked on it. A few interviews seemed to suggest the song was going to be on the album, while other interviews were more non-committal in terms of what might make the tracklisting.

Perhaps we’ll still see “Waves of Love”, Bruce’s remake of “She Believes in Love Again”, and other items on a “Deluxe” edition or as retailer-exclusive bonus tracks. 

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 25, 2012, 06:28:20 AM »

Still no release or delivery date for the CD single on German amazon...  Undecided
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 25, 2012, 06:32:20 AM »

Andrew, I am really hoping that we are included in these new dates. For more to be announced and the UK still to miss out, well, then there would be an outcry! I will be looking for more information on this every day, so hopefully some announcements are close.

RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 25, 2012, 06:44:53 AM »

You're welcome everybody : ) : ) : )

Oh, in reply to whoever posted about John Barry earlier in the thread - the chorus of "That's Why God...." resembles the main theme to "You Only Live Twice" and also Barry's "Midnight Cowboy" theme. The former, Robbie Williams sampled in his hit "Millenium."

aaktt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 25, 2012, 07:44:09 AM »

Don't know if you guys realize, but the whole song's already on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGke6pnT1d0
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 25, 2012, 07:45:51 AM »

Don't know if you guys realize, but the whole song's already on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGke6pnT1d0
Yap, we realize. Got a separate thread for that.  Smiley
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: April 25, 2012, 07:56:04 AM »

not on iTunes as of 8 am PDT

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 25, 2012, 07:57:10 AM »

It'll be on iTunes at midnight in your local region, except if you're in the GMT+1 time zone (Germany, Netherlands etc.) then it will be 1 a.m.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 25, 2012, 08:25:06 AM »

It'll be on iTunes at midnight in your local region, except if you're in the GMT+1 time zone (Germany, Netherlands etc.) then it will be 1 a.m.

ok, cool.  So that still means tomorrow, 4/26. Press release said "today", 4/25. 

Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 25, 2012, 11:54:03 AM »

Thanks for the info RONDEMON!!

TWGMTR released today! Cheesy

Hmm… maybe on one side of the Atlantic Channel…

Good point.

Maybe it gets released 12 AM PST??  What time do places like iTunes usually start selling new music?
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 25, 2012, 12:02:41 PM »

Those of you who said use headphones - good call - it's so different. The bass is great!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 25, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »

Those of you who said use headphones - good call - it's so different. The bass is great!

Definitely a huge difference. I just took out to my car for a listen. Sooo good.
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 25, 2012, 12:37:35 PM »

Sorry if I missed it but is this definitely being released tomorrow in the UK? And only digitally?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #997 on: April 25, 2012, 12:39:12 PM »

What should I do ? I hope we can get the boys back high on the charts in the U.S. When I buy the single on amazon.com but am living in Germany, will it count as U.S.- sale ?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 25, 2012, 02:30:48 PM »

It's now officially available on iTunes!
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 25, 2012, 02:34:46 PM »

It's now officially available on iTunes!

And Bingo!

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 49 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx