gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680804 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 08:53:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: When was Brian at his lowest ebb??, !976?, 1982?, 1991?. And why discuss...  (Read 9422 times)
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2012, 12:41:59 PM »

At first I thought I read "I'm going to the park and take a NAP" which would be so Brian. Smiley

"I took a walk and sat down in a park..."
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2012, 01:59:01 PM »

I'm not sure who you're trying to insult with that one, but I'm going to cover it with 'f*ck you and the horse you rode in on'.

Also, learn to quote.  Smokin

I was actually paying you a compliment, but you blew it. You must have some sort of personality disorder to read it any other way. Also, learn to curb your tongue. And what kind of name is hypehat anyway? After your 'interpretation" of my post it should be asshat.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 02:12:51 PM by Dave in KC » Logged
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2012, 02:45:50 PM »

This 2010 interview with Peter Ames Carlin is the most fun latter-day Brian interview I've ever read:

http://www.peteramescarlin.com/node/194

Thanks for posting this, Austin.  It's a great interview w/ Peter.

I love that Peter gives a shout out for the clarinet section in the middle of "She Says That She Needs Me".  That's an extraordinary piece of music.

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2012, 05:45:38 PM »

I'm not sure who you're trying to insult with that one, but I'm going to cover it with 'f*ck you and the horse you rode in on'.

I was actually paying you a compliment, but you blew it. You must have some sort of personality disorder to read it any other way. Also, learn to curb your tongue. And what kind of name is hypehat anyway? After your 'interpretation" of my post it should be asshat.

Sorry, I misinterpreted it. I was very tired/a little inebriated and I thought you were being extremely sarcastic....  

Olive branch?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 05:48:45 PM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 24, 2012, 12:08:51 AM »

Yes, Dennis obviously wasn't always an easy guy to get along with.
Sometimes the nicest guy, sometimes the biggest ...
Brian seems to have very mixed feelings about him.
I mean, this isn't the first recent interview where he expressed negative sentiments against Dennis.
I argee with this totally, I mean it's very easy for us fans to say Dennis is great etc, And he was great as well as having in the words of Brian "A big heart".
Everyone who met him loved him for that reason even Mike, BUT without being disrespectful to Dennis & his music, sometimes it must of been very tough & more importantly heartbreaking for his friends & family to see the demons in Dennis's life take over and eventally kill him esp I think Carl & Brian.
I'm sure we all know people in our lives or even ourselves who was/our battling the demons that threaten to take over our lives, And no matter what we do to help nothing could/can be right for them.
It's happened to me personally I was that person who was very close to losing everything friends, family, work, home, Last year.
Thankfully I pulled back and took a good look at myself I didn't like what I had become. I started to change my life for the better & thank God still had the love & support of my friends & family.
I believe Dennis did want to sort himself out towards the end but it just proved too hard.
All his family and friends did EVERYTHING possible to help him.
Towards the end his family and The Beach Boys HAD to give Dennis some tough love e.g. throw him out of the band several times etc.
It must of been awful & heartbreaking during the last few years of Dennis's life for himself & his family & friends.
I hope that Dennis has found some peace and will be in the new tour in spirt as well as Carl.
RIP Dennis xx
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 24, 2012, 01:07:06 AM »

No doubt Dennis was a great guy, albeit a great guy with some serious demons. And there are probably some days when it seriously bums out Brian to think of what happened to him. Who would have ever dreamed that Brian would outlive BOTH of his brothers?
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 24, 2012, 11:08:48 AM »

Sorry, I misinterpreted it. I was very tired/a little inebriated and I thought you were being extremely sarcastic....  

Olive branch?

Yes, olive branch accepted. I could have been clearer but was also impaired. The main point still stands. Brian has found a way to ease the pain when somebody brings up Dennis in an interview.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #57 on: March 24, 2012, 04:03:01 PM »

Olive branch?

Yes, olive branch accepted. I could have been clearer but was also impaired. The main point still stands. Brian has found a way to ease the pain when somebody brings up Dennis in an interview.

I didn't post that! Jack Daniels did.

Oh you guys.............. Wink
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 24, 2012, 06:38:35 PM »

Olive branch?

I think we're now....

Grin

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
cablegeddon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2012, 04:06:45 AM »

I mean, this isn't the first recent interview where he expressed negative sentiments against Dennis.
I argee with this totally, I mean it's very easy for us fans to say Dennis is great etc, And he was great as well as having in the words of Brian "A big heart".
Everyone who met him loved him for that reason even Mike, BUT without being disrespectful to Dennis & his music, sometimes it must of been very tough & more importantly heartbreaking for his friends & family to see the demons in Dennis's life take over and eventally kill him esp I think Carl & Brian.
I'm sure we all know people in our lives or even ourselves who was/our battling the demons that threaten to take over our lives, And no matter what we do to help nothing could/can be right for them.
It's happened to me personally I was that person who was very close to losing everything friends, family, work, home, Last year.
Thankfully I pulled back and took a good look at myself I didn't like what I had become. I started to change my life for the better & thank God still had the love & support of my friends & family.
I believe Dennis did want to sort himself out towards the end but it just proved too hard.
Towards the end his family and The Beach Boys HAD to give Dennis some tough love e.g. throw him out of the band several times etc.
It must of been awful & heartbreaking during the last few years of Dennis's life for himself & his family & friends.
I hope that Dennis has found some peace and will be in the new tour in spirt as well as Carl.
RIP Dennis xx
When I see people here just hate on Rocky and the other guy who beat up Dennis. I wanted to say why is that so bad at least they didn't hit a *****.

Brian Wilson fan since august 2011
Paulos
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2012, 06:18:13 AM »

RIP Dennis xx
When I see people here just hate on Rocky and the other guy who beat up Dennis. I wanted to say why is that so bad at least they didn't hit a *****.

Didn't hit a what? A sequence of stars? From your above comment it seems you are glad that Dennis was beaten up by Rocky and 'the other guy', which makes you a tool.
cablegeddon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2012, 06:29:13 AM »

RIP Dennis xx

Didn't hit a what? A sequence of stars? From your above comment it seems you are glad that Dennis was beaten up by Rocky and 'the other guy', which makes you a tool.

I didn't say anything. It's your imagination running wild.

Brian Wilson fan since august 2011
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #62 on: March 25, 2012, 07:38:52 AM »

RIP Dennis xx

I didn't say anything. It's your imagination running wild.

What the hell is that supposed to even mean? Didn't hit a what? What was the ****** meant to represent? If you're going to make a statement, then be prepared to back it up and/or explain it. Writing vague non-commital confusing things is just annoying and liable to **** everyone off.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2012, 08:07:51 AM »

When I see people here just hate on Rocky and the other guy who beat up Dennis.
Yes?

I wanted to say why is that so bad at least they didn't hit a *****.
Pardon?

Neither of these sentences make sense grammatically. This may add to the general ****ing confusion
Disney Boy (1985)
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2012, 11:32:59 AM »

Maybe the ***** is a reference to the story in the Wouldnt It Be Nice 'autobiography' in which Dennis is recounted as having hit a woman. If that is indeed the case, can i just say what a scumbag Carl was and how much i hate Al for being a racist...
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2012, 12:54:49 PM »

Maybe the ***** is a reference to the story in the Wouldnt It Be Nice 'autobiography' in which Dennis is recounted as having hit a woman. If that is indeed the case, can i just say what a scumbag Carl was and how much i hate Al for being a racist...
Every word in WIBN is true  LOL
MBE
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2012, 10:09:33 PM »

Sept '88. Greenford, London. STOMP Convention. When he saw the T-Shirt I was wearing.
I think I was the only one wearing one that day.. which is surprising.
What was the shirt and what did he do.
The park thing was 1978 I think.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx