gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681507 Posts in 27639 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 09, 2024, 10:51:47 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Funny Mike Love photo thread on another site  (Read 3244 times)
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2012, 08:06:01 AM »

http://www.ilxor.com/ILX/ThreadSelectedControllerServlet?action=showall&boardid=41&threadid=41034

Anyone here seen this?  LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 08:08:44 AM »

This quote from Mike is crazier than any Brian Wilson quote, Head Spin

ML: Without meditation, I'd probably be dead. It has allowed me to transcend all the bothersome things that happen during the course of a day, a week, a month, a career or a lifetime. I go beyond a certain level of thought. Some of those types of thoughts come from a stressed physiology. They appear in your mind as, "I want to kill that person," "I want to kick the dog," "I want to hurt my wife," "I want to emotionally abuse people."
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 08:10:36 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 08:20:57 AM »

Great stuff there.  Grin Mike rules.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 08:22:52 AM »

ML: Without meditation, I'd probably be dead. It has allowed me to transcend all the bothersome things that happen during the course of a day, a week, a month, a career or a lifetime. I go beyond a certain level of thought. Some of those types of thoughts come from a stressed physiology. They appear in your mind as, "I want to kill that person," "I want to kick the dog," "I want to hurt my wife," "I want to emotionally abuse people."

I frequent that forum and that quote is seriously the most batshit insane thing I've ever read in relation to The Beach Boys......

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 08:33:02 AM »

I frequent that forum and that quote is seriously the most batsh*t insane thing I've ever read in relation to The Beach Boys......
Wait till oldsurferdude reads this quote.... LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
ivy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 08:58:40 AM »

Wow! That was the best ten minutes I spent all day. Thanks for linking!

And I finally found an avatar I like!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 09:13:08 AM »

Mike's facial expression is priceless.  Grin

You can't thank the man enough for over 50 years of being wildly entertaining.  Smiley
Eireannach
Smiley Smile Associate

bedårar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 11:13:59 AM »

Some of those photos are awesome.  I guess when you've been famous for decades, you end up in a lot of photos with "weirdos".  I love the thread title over there too.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 11:56:57 AM »

Wow! That was the best ten minutes I spent all day. Thanks for linking!

And I finally found an avatar I like!

I don't event want to know what mikes thinking

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 12:54:26 PM »

Oh, you KNOW what Mike is thinking!  Cool

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 02:25:30 PM »

Oh, you KNOW what Mike is thinking!  Cool

'Cowsill...Stop messing around and get back to your drumkit!'
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 02:27:12 PM »

Mike's probably thinking how much he'd love to perform the outro to "All I Want To Do" with her right about now.
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 03:13:05 PM »

"I want to kill that person," "I want to kick the dog," "I want to hurt my wife," "I want to emotionally abuse people."

I hope these appear as lyrics on the new album.

But seriously, I have these exact thoughts several times a day, and I don't even have a dog!!!
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 03:39:18 PM »

This one's great.

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 05:01:19 PM »

I don't know which one of the girl-pictures I like the best, so I just go and say that this one looks more like Hank jr.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 04:10:48 AM »

ML: Without meditation, I'd probably be dead. It has allowed me to transcend all the bothersome things that happen during the course of a day, a week, a month, a career or a lifetime. I go beyond a certain level of thought. Some of those types of thoughts come from a stressed physiology. They appear in your mind as, "I want to kill that person," "I want to kick the dog,"

...and that's how Wrinkles died.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2012, 04:45:59 AM »

ML: Without meditation, I'd probably be dead. It has allowed me to transcend all the bothersome things that happen during the course of a day, a week, a month, a career or a lifetime. I go beyond a certain level of thought. Some of those types of thoughts come from a stressed physiology. They appear in your mind as, "I want to kill that person," "I want to kick the dog,"

...and that's how Wrinkles died.
I will never listen to wrinkles the same again. Grin

Wilson Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 03:24:29 PM »

Oh, I feel better about myself after demonizing Mike Love, huh huh. I'd love to see some pictures here of some of he "fans" that are posting on this thread.
Lameness x 100.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 04:30:20 PM »

Oh, I feel better about myself after demonizing Mike Love, huh huh. I'd love to see some pictures here of some of he "fans" that are posting on this thread.
Lameness x 100.

You're the one that came into this thread with your "holier than thou" attitude when all we're doing is poking fun at the guy. No negativity until you got here. Thanks for your contributions!

No mas, por favor.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx