gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:28:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: when fans get together: rendezvous for those attending the German gigs in August  (Read 22729 times)
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2012, 04:11:53 PM »

Guys, how about I just phone the boat tomorrow to find out if there's a free table on Friday around 4/5 pm? Yeah, I'll do that...
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2012, 12:47:34 AM »

Guys, how about I just phone the boat tomorrow to find out if there's a free table on Friday around 4/5 pm? Yeah, I'll do that...

Go ahead! Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
DennisChick
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2012, 02:29:18 AM »

Yes, ask them  Smiley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2012, 05:18:56 AM »

I was just about to ask if anyone got around to do that. Thank you

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2012, 05:33:12 AM »

Damn I was just on the phone with a lady with the cutest French accent... ( 3D 3D 3D) - she told me I had to phone later today or tomorrow as there's no one in the lounge right now who'd be able to answer questions about free tables and stuff. I tried to keep her on the phone for a little longer but it seems she was busy.  Undecided

Guess I'll try later then...
The Healer
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 31, 2012, 06:05:32 AM »

Hi, I'm a long time lurker but first time poster here.  I'm planning on being at the Berlin concert - can you count me in too for this boating meet-up? I'll be the one wearing a non-BB tee shirt.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2012, 06:08:11 AM »

Hi, I'm a long time lurker but first time poster here.  I'm planning on being at the Berlin concert - can you count me in too for this boating meet-up? I'll be the one wearing a non-BB tee shirt.
Is your name Anna?  Cool Anyway - sure you're welcome to join us on the boat! Smiley And welcome to the craziness that is SmileySmile.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 06:23:48 AM by Lowbacca » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2012, 01:03:57 PM »

On sunday the Beach Boys will play Mönchengladbach and on the same day WDR2 will air the live recordings that were played on nrp.org (I guess they are the same):

http://www.wdr2.de/musik/musikclub/thebeachboys100.html

And here you can win 2 tickets for the show in Mönchengladbach:

http://www.derwesten.de/region/zwei-tickets-fuer-das-konzert-der-beach-boys-in-moenchengladbach-gewinnen-id6934298.html

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2012, 01:13:20 PM »

On sunday the Beach Boys will play Mönchengladbach and on the same day WDR2 will air the live recordings that were played on nrp.org (I guess they are the same):

Cool, thanks for the heads-up! I'll trick some pals into watching it with me, then.  Cool
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: July 31, 2012, 01:41:19 PM »

Cool, thanks for the heads-up! I'll trick some pals into watching it with me, then.  Cool

You'll probably have a better time listening to it instead  Wink

- Jack Rieley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 31, 2012, 01:47:24 PM »

You'll probably have a better time listening to it instead  Wink
Oh. WDR2 is a radio channel... right. Dammit.
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2012, 11:15:47 PM »

I guess no one has any idea where the BB's are staying in Berlin? I don't mean to stalk them, it would just be nice to maybe have my copy of TWGMTR signed...

Let me tell you, these things are easier in Helsinki, Finland. There's about two really plush hotels in town, and all the stars are always in either one of them. Just pop up in front of the hotel a few hours before the concert and say hi to Macca (or whoever). I guess town the size of Berlin has too many hotels to be sure.

"Surfing and cars were okay but there was a war going on."
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2012, 12:20:56 AM »

I guess no one has any idea where the BB's are staying in Berlin? I don't mean to stalk them, it would just be nice to maybe have my copy of TWGMTR signed...

Me too. Maybe I'll lurk around at the arena... Wink 2

Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2012, 12:23:59 AM »

Anyway, I'm off for Berlin now, visiting some friends before the concert. Hope to see you on the boat! Smiley

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2012, 08:44:48 AM »

Okay, I finally got through to someone on the boat. I booked two tables in the lounge for ~10 people and I informed them that most of us will arrive between 4 and 5pm. If you're the first to arrive ask for Carsten - our reservation is under my last same: Sievers. They also have my cell phone number.

See you there...!  Smiley
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 01, 2012, 09:05:41 AM »

Thank you, Lowbacca! I owe you a beer for that.

We'll be leaving soon too, I hope we manage to get there since our car is not allowed for the environmental zone there.

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 01, 2012, 09:36:44 AM »

Had a massive shock today , my flight with Lufthansa has changed on friday from 13.05 to 19.05 which would have meant missing the gig , apparently my travel agent sent me an email some months ago about the change BUT it appears that it went straight to my junk mail GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTT

However now sorted and fly in late tomorrow evening , panic over thank goodness

Means I can now relax in Berlin for the day with no rushing about , see you all between 4 - 5pm  Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:06:21 AM by Rob Dean » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2012, 09:47:32 AM »

Had a massive shock today , my flight with Lufthansa has changed on friday from 13.05 to 19.05 which would have meant missing the gig , apparently my travel agent sent me an email some months ago about the change BUT it appears that it went straight to my junk mail GREATTTTTTTTTTTTTT

However now sorted and friday in late tomorrow evening , panic over thank goodness

Means I can now relax in Berlin for the day with no rushing about , see you all between 4 - 5pm  Cheesy

Oh my.... !  Cheesy Glad you'll be there

- Jack Rieley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2012, 12:01:26 PM »

However now sorted and fly in late tomorrow evening , panic over thank goodness

Means I can now relax in Berlin for the day with no rushing about , see you all between 4 - 5pm  Cheesy
That's even better. Instant karma!
Paulos
« Reply #94 on: August 01, 2012, 12:20:50 PM »

Can't wait for the gig now and to meet all you guys at the boat, I'll be the tall thin guy with Brian Wilson circa 1966 style hair and a bright green Beach Boys t-shirt  Grin
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 01, 2012, 06:00:51 PM »

I'm just about to board my plane to Berlin, see you on the boat! I'm a 176 cm tall brown-haired beardo (not quite Carl Wilson).

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2012, 07:21:54 AM »

The german site of the Rolling Stone put out this interview with Mike in celebration of the three german concerts starting tomorrow:

http://www.rollingstone.de/magazin/features/article312663/mike-love-erklaert-wie-es-zur-reunion-der-beach-boys-kam.html

- Jack Rieley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 02, 2012, 09:40:17 AM »

The german site of the Rolling Stone put out this interview with Mike in celebration of the three german concerts starting tomorrow:

http://www.rollingstone.de/magazin/features/article312663/mike-love-erklaert-wie-es-zur-reunion-der-beach-boys-kam.html
Rolling Stone does is again: factual errors, wrong spelling of names..  Roll Eyes

Props for the autotune question, though. Answered half-honestly by Mike.  Grin
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 02, 2012, 11:22:03 PM »

Big day today. I'm excited.

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2012, 12:31:00 AM »