gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680837 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 12:57:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: when fans get together: rendezvous for those attending the German gigs in August  (Read 22819 times)
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 10:41:10 AM »

I'd say we meet up at some pub (or something) in close vicinity of the O2 arena, about 5 or 6 p.m., that'd give 2-3 solid hours before the show starts. On the other hand, we could also rendezvous at the main station ("Berlin Hauptbahnhof") and then proceed to find us a nice little tavern.  Smiley

What do you guys think?

(By the way, show of hands, who's with us anyway?  police)
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 11:17:56 AM »

I'll be there at the Berlin gig. Let's do it. O2 is located on a barren wasteland, but Kreutzberg just across the river is filled with nice places to sit and drink. Or hey, how about the Eastern Comfort hostel boat just next to O2? They have a bar. It would be so cool, straight outta Holland cover!

"Surfing and cars were okay but there was a war going on."
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 11:26:54 AM »

I'll be there at the Berlin gig. Let's do it. O2 is located on a barren wasteland, but Kreutzberg just across the river is filled with nice places to sit and drink. Or hey, how about the Eastern Comfort hostel boat just next to O2? They have a bar. It would be so cool, straight outta Holland cover!
Smiley I think Rocker mentioned that boat thingy once. Yeah, why not.  Cool Guy I also had no idea the O2 was close to Kreuzberg...  Evil
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2012, 11:34:58 AM »

Smiley I think Rocker mentioned that boat thingy once. Yeah, why not.  Cool Guy I also had no idea the O2 was close to Kreuzberg...  Evil

Yeah, I planned to sleep there but on weekends you have to book two nights, so I'm gonna catch the bus the next morning (anyone have plans for the night btw?)

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2012, 12:48:48 PM »

The boat is a good idea. You can't be mistaken with that! Grin

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2012, 12:53:53 PM »

The boat is a good idea. You can't be mistaken with that! Grin
It is the boat, then.  Smiley

Paulos
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2012, 04:07:19 PM »

I'll be there, really looking forward to the gig and meeting you guys, we should all get smileysmile.net t-shirts made...
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 09:35:28 AM »

I'll be there, really looking forward to the gig and meeting you guys, we should all get smileysmile.net t-shirts made...

Yesterday I had the craziest idea. I thought about how cool it would be to have shirts, maybe long sleeve muscle shrits (see picture below) completely styled with the Smiley Smile cover. Could also work for Wild Honey.

BTW me and my friend will probably arrive in Berlin at 4.30 pm or 6.15 pm (is it ok to write pm?)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 10:57:53 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Mrs. O'Leary
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2012, 11:07:00 AM »

Both of us are from Hannover although I'm living in Göttingen right now. Another member of this board (although he doesn't post) from Hannover will be tehre as well

I guess i'm the other member you mean, right?  Wink
Yes, I'll be there with my wife.

A meeting before or better after the show would be great.

I'll be there too and I think it would be funny to yell something. Hey, maybe we can even get Al to do "Lookin' at Tomorrow" or something.  Wink   Also looking forward meeting you guys there.

Oh, Peter from Austria in Berlin?!

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 11:07:57 AM by Mrs. O'Leary » Logged
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2012, 03:56:11 AM »

Yesterday I had the craziest idea. I thought about how cool it would be to have shirts, maybe long sleeve muscle shrits (see picture below) completely styled with the Smiley Smile cover. Could also work for Wild Honey.

Hmm I don't know if I should wear muscle shirts..  Grin I think I'll just wear some BBs shirt. The Black Flag one, maybe.  Smiley

Seems I'll hit good ol' Berlin at about 4pm.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2012, 06:41:18 AM »

living here so Il be there, cant wait...

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2012, 09:04:49 AM »

Just got my train tickets. I'll arrive at about 4pm (8/3) and will leave the big B the next day on an evening train.
I'm planning on 'getting around' to 'all the hot spots in town' the night after the concert. Evil Corny, I know...  3D
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2012, 09:14:13 AM »

Just got my train tickets. I'll arrive at about 4pm (8/3) and will leave the big B the next day on an evening train.
I'm planning on 'getting around' to 'all the hot spots in town' the night after the concert. Evil Corny, I know...  3D

Hey are you on a Spring Vacation or a Surfin' Safari ?

I'll be flying in for about 3pm and then onward travel to the Hotel and then rush to the 'Boat' , I am sure I will be rather thirsty at that stage  Grin

Not too much booze though , as I have to fly to Stuttgart the next day for some old American guys singing old broken car songs
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2012, 09:16:33 AM »

Oh , does anyone have any suggestions about a meet-up location for the Stuttgart gig ?
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2012, 09:20:34 AM »

A Surfin' Safari - I'm pretty oldschool about these things.  Grin Oh, and by 'hot spots' I rather meant pubs and the like - not clubs. I hate clubs.  Tongue

I'll be flying in for about 3pm and then onward travel to the Hotel and then rush to the 'Boat' , I am sure I will be rather thirsty at that stage  Grin
A thirsty Rob Dean is a good Rob Dean.  Smiley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2012, 09:28:02 AM »

A Surfin' Safari - I'm pretty oldschool about these things.  Grin Oh, and by 'hot spots' I rather meant pubs and the like - not clubs. I hate clubs.  Tongue

Ahh, those kind of hot spots.....  Cheesy

Sorry Rob, don't know nothing about Stuttgart. Don't even understand everything they say in that region

- Jack Rieley
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2012, 09:33:16 AM »

Ahh, those kind of hot spots.....  Cheesy

Sorry Rob, don't know nothing about Stuttgart. Don't even understand everything they say in that region
LOL

I know a few guys who are heading to Stuttgart to see the Boys, but they are not on this board.  Undecided
Paulos
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2012, 03:37:24 PM »

I'm flying in the day before so I can do some sightseeing so will in Berlin all day on the day of the gig. Had a bit of a scare when I looked up O2 World on googlemaps to see a building site where the venue should be, then I noticed the photo was 3 years old and relaxed.
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2012, 04:44:56 PM »

I too fly to Berlin on Thursday, I'm ready both for pre- and aftershow drinks. And maybe some big ol' lamb with its raw
head still on, or some other European cuisine.

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2012, 02:42:26 PM »

I too fly to Berlin on Thursday, I'm ready both for pre- and aftershow drinks. And maybe some big ol' lamb with its raw
You're right, that's what we're having every Wednesday.  Smiley

Said boat:
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2012, 03:12:57 PM »

You're right, that's what we're having every Wednesday.  Smiley

Been down to Macon Georgia
Ate the furs of a Georgia peach
I plucked a chicken in Memphis
Mama, I still got feathers in my teeth
I ate a pound of pork in Huntsville
From a fine Alabama hog
Ate a charcoal steak in Dallas
And fed the bone to a Louisiana dog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfM5dAuUdt8

- Jack Rieley
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2012, 09:51:04 AM »

Slim will be at the Berlin gig  Grin

Flyin in on the day and out the next so I've got no idea about meeting up but I'd love to meet so smiley smiler's..

I'll try work something out.

Can't wait!!!!!!

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2012, 04:57:08 AM »

How will we know each other on the boat?

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2012, 05:25:27 AM »

BBs shirts. Restlessness. Moronic grinning.
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2012, 06:31:42 AM »

We agree upon some hour (for example 16.00), and on that hour all smiley smilers in the bar stand up and start singing Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring, weaving our voices together in perfect harmony.

...or then we'll just trust that we know each other somehow. The bar ain't that big, really.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx