gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680840 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 03:03:12 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why does Bruce post over at BBB?  (Read 33699 times)
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2014, 06:16:39 AM »

So... What are the odds that a member of this very board  Grin, who has direct access to Bruce, asks him to post on a Q&A thread here? I suggest that such thread be carefully monitored so as to avoid a Stephen Gaines Thread-like fiasco.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2014, 06:17:59 AM »

I'll be writing him shortly.

Just 4 U Lenny

Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2014, 06:20:06 AM »

I'll be writing him shortly.

Just 4 U Lenny

Lovely. Just in case, do not mention Male Ego poster Karl Rogers.

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2014, 06:25:21 AM »

So... What are the odds that a member of this very board  Grin, who has direct access to Bruce, asks him to post on a Q&A thread here? I suggest that such thread be carefully monitored so as to avoid a Stephen Gaines Thread-like fiasco.

Come on. Let's be honest. That person very much loves to rub in our face that he has a connection to Bruce, and even doing as much as having Bruce directly answer questions for us would lessen his "power," so I doubt that'll be happening.

But I do think it's a great idea.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2014, 08:14:20 AM »

Come on. Let's be honest. That person very much loves to rub in our face that he has a connection to Bruce, and even doing as much as having Bruce directly answer questions for us would lessen his "power," so I doubt that'll be happening.

It'd be great indeed.

I feel compelled to say that while AGD --who I infer you are talking about- certainly had his clashes with people over here, he's shown to be generous about his knowledge and gracious when proven wrong. His Bellagio site, an open and incredibly comprehensive database, is proof enough of said generosity. But it's not like it's up to him to have Bruce post here.

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2014, 08:54:54 AM »

It'd be great indeed.
I feel compelled to say that while AGD --who I infer you are talking about- certainly had his clashes with people over here, he's shown to be generous about his knowledge and gracious when proven wrong. His Bellagio site, an open and incredibly comprehensive database, is proof enough of said generosity. But it's not like it's up to him to have Bruce post here.
Agreed. And why would a veteran band member subject themselves to the argumentative and contentious crap that explodes here? That is just conjecture on my part. He posts more "newsy-type" stuff on BBB.  That is Johnston's choice. Why should he be bullied into posting here? He doesn't owe a forum anything.  It isn't our business, I think.

And, I like BBB for several reasons.  First, I like the simple set up.  Second, I like that there is a certain "civility" that isn't present in all fora. I'm not singling this one out.  Third, it tends to be less "revisionist." because there are more posters who actually "grew up" with this music, and didn't learn it second-hand, who were in college during the Vietnam War, who get SDT.  And many of us would have loved a place to debate and discuss the music in a time when we would have been "laughed out of town!" It was not always cool in the mind of the public to be a BB fan.  Seriously! So, I generally ignore the nonsense, to discuss the most important thing, the music.

And, Andrew is not bad, and I've not always been in agreement, but that is fine.  I truly respect his scholarship and research.  Reasonable minds can differ.   Wink

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2014, 09:49:53 AM »

If you want me to, I will. Just don't give me the anticipated sh*t if he says "no".

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2014, 09:52:50 AM »

I would love it if he posted in a very structured manner with mods watching to avoid disaster. To be honest, I haven't been the biggest fan of him here though.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2014, 09:54:41 AM »

Ah, I see I didn't even have to wait until I asked him for the sh*t to descend. Seriously, you think Bruce is my sole source of BB info ? As for this "power" you mention, if I had the first notion as to what it was, hell, I'd flaunt it endlessly just to annoy so-called fans like you.  Grin

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2014, 09:59:53 AM »

I would love it if he posted in a very structured manner with mods watching to avoid disaster. To be honest, I haven't been the biggest fan of him here though.

No need for that: he handled the heat on Ego, and if it gets too annoying to him, then he'll just sign off as any sensible poster would do.

And... We can all name the members who are likely to - and if it comes off, almost certainly will - piss him off.  Grin

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2014, 10:09:43 AM »

OK, invite issued.

mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2014, 11:09:35 AM »

Nice one!  Here's hoping. Grin
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2014, 12:28:23 PM »

OK, invite issued.

Wonderful!

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2014, 12:53:29 PM »

OK, invite issued.

Very cool.  You surprised me. Go Andrew!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2014, 02:04:17 PM »

To give Bruce some credit. On the ego board a topic was raised about what royalties were worth to Brian, and Bruce joined the discussion in a very open way. So much so that he used his 'I Write The Songs' sales information and how much he received not just when it was released but even today. I seem to remember a poster expressing surprise about how much personal info he was giving out and he just sort of shrugged it off with a "all here at this site have a interest in the music business so why shouldn't you know?" comment.

I think anyone needs to read not just the good, but the negative now and then. This site sure has that and I feel any posters who cross a poor taste line will get dumped on pretty quickly should he log in.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 02:05:10 PM by Pretty Funky » Logged
bluesno1fann
« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2014, 02:35:25 PM »

What if - and hear me out - What if Bruce is already here, posting as "Surfer"?

Shocked Shocked Shocked
 LOL LOL LOL

Grin
Heysaboda
Smiley Smile Associate

Son, don't wait till the break of day....

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2014, 02:49:14 PM »

Perhaps he's aware of the two or three bi-polar wankeurs who post here and reduce threads to pissing competitions

only 2 or 3?

Smokin

Son, don't wait till the break of day 'cause you know how time fades away......
AlFall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2014, 05:06:04 PM »

In 2012, someone on this board was impersonating Bruce.  At the meet and greet at Red Rocks on July 9, 2012, I asked Bruce if that person was him, and whether he posts on Beach Boys boards. He emphatically denied that he posts anything on the internet, ever.  That's from the horse's mouth. 
Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2014, 05:12:39 PM »

There's no way the BBB Bruce is not him.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2014, 05:28:45 PM »

It is indeed him.

One thing to remember as well...the BB may be legends, but they're still people like we are. And from personal experience, artistic disagreements spill over to other areas, and vice versa. If you don't believe me, try being in a trio with your wife and best friend LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2014, 06:04:09 PM »

OK, invite issued.

Fantastic!

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2014, 06:09:01 PM »

OK, invite issued.

Very cool...hope he joins!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2014, 11:52:54 PM »

There's no way the BBB Bruce is not him.

It is. No question.

Niko
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2014, 02:01:42 AM »

It would be amazing if Bruce joined . We're kind of spoiled here, what with the wealth of knowledge built on sites like Bellagio, and the guests like Desper.
But having an actual member of the band here? That would be just incredible.

Any idea if David Marks would post here? Carrie Marks did post here answering some questions, so maybe David coming and posting is a possibility.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2014, 02:44:44 AM »

David doesn't post, period. Carrie handles all that sort of stuff for him.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx