gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681101 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 23, 2024, 05:35:20 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 166 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New album info (as it rolls out...)  (Read 1067971 times)
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #975 on: March 27, 2012, 08:06:46 PM »

Was there any sort of description of this "Beaches in Mind" song?

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 27, 2012, 08:12:51 PM »

Am I the only one who things a very dark final Brian album called "Summers Gone" that mixes Pet Sounds, Til' I Die and a bit of nostalgia would be amazing?

Song titles like:
That's Why God Made The Radio
And...
Beaches in Mind
Could be Zen! Haha

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 27, 2012, 08:42:41 PM »

can we get anymore details from the rolling stone issue?

This!

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Sound of Free
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 27, 2012, 09:51:54 PM »

According to  Mike's facebook page, they were back in the studio yesterday. Do we think Matt's comments might mean he is now involved in the recording, and that the recent photos weren't just staged shots for the DFTS video?  AGD...Huh

I think it's quite likely those DFTS shots were staged, but that doesn't mean Matt isn't recording with them. It sounds like the new album is a mixture of different musicians and lineups, so I wouldn't be surprised if Matt ends up somewhere on the album even if nobody outside of perhaps the BB's themselves actually appear on every single track on the album.

Plus I would think if Al is contributing a song he would have Matt do the falsetto instead of Jeff.
jimmy1949
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 27, 2012, 11:01:25 PM »

Was there any sort of description of this "Beaches in Mind" song?
No sir.
jimmy1949
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 27, 2012, 11:03:33 PM »

That is really about all there was. No album title either.It was a tiny article. Cheesy
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 27, 2012, 11:33:41 PM »

That is really about all there was. No album title either.It was a tiny article. Cheesy

Anybody expecting more than a little blurb about real music in Rolling Stone obviously hasn't read an issue of the magazine in several years.

Obama, Ke$ha and Justin Beaver are more likely to get a cover story than The Beach Boys.

No mas, por favor.
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 28, 2012, 05:50:25 AM »

The April 12 issue of Rolling Stone speaks of a cut from the new album called "Beaches In Mind".Also states that more than a dozen songs were finished. Mike says it sounds like the 1965 era BB's. No bull. Grin

Mike's been saying that from the start.  Brian has said '65 mixed with the 2000s.  And mellow.  I wonder if Mike's 'hospice' comment has to do with trying to write lyrics to songs that are mellow.

So, we have another rumored title to add to the list.

That's Why God Made the Radio
The Secret Private Life of Bill and Sue
Shelter
Waves of Love
Beaches In Mind
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:21:43 AM by LostArt » Logged
Jaspy
Smiley Smile Associate

That's not me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #983 on: March 28, 2012, 07:30:48 AM »

The Secret Life of Bill and Sue

Not that it would be important, but it's actually "The Private Life of Bill and Sue".

Wasn't there a couple Sue/Bill posting on the Blueboard?

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 28, 2012, 08:56:58 AM »

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #985 on: March 28, 2012, 09:31:15 AM »

Beaches in mind ? Really ? What a silly title. But well, maybe it works with the music. But my first impression is shudder...

Oh, is the whole article online ? Or is anyone able to typewrite it for us ?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:36:32 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 28, 2012, 09:49:08 AM »

it's a song about this
http://packagemuseum.com/exhibits/beechnut01/beechnut01.htm
sure if they could sing about root beer why not gum??
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #987 on: March 28, 2012, 09:51:39 AM »

it's a song about this
http://packagemuseum.com/exhibits/beechnut01/beechnut01.htm
sure if they could sing about root beer why not gum??

I thought it was "Bleaches in mind"

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 28, 2012, 10:12:47 AM »

Beaches in mind ? Really ? What a silly title. But well, maybe it works with the music. But my first impression is shudder...

Could've been worse. Could've been something like "Beaches We Used To Catch A Wave At". But that a band called the Beach Boys for their last album gets together and puts a song out with the word "beach" in it is fine with me.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #989 on: March 28, 2012, 10:35:38 AM »

Could've been worse. Could've been something like "Beaches We Used To Catch A Wave At". But that a band called the Beach Boys for their last album gets together and puts a song out with the word "beach" in it is fine with me.

I hear ya. You're right of course, but to my ears "Beaches in mind" does sound like "Beaches We Used To Catch A Wave At". But I won't judge it before I have heard it. Maybe it's something really good

- Jack Rieley
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: March 28, 2012, 10:41:02 AM »

I hear ya. You're right of course, but to my ears "Beaches in mind" does sound like "Beaches We Used To Catch A Wave At". But I won't judge it before I have heard it. Maybe it's something really good
Granted, it could very well contain self-referential lines à la Summer In Paradise. But, as you said, let's wait until we hear it. Smiley

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
PhilSpectre
Smiley Smile Associate

May You Never Hear Surf Music ... Again

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 28, 2012, 01:00:01 PM »

I'm just hoping they'll renew their artistic collaboration with the Fat Boys for a proper rerecording of Brian's Smart Girls.

Also, a stack of lead vocals by John Stamos would be awesome.  Cool Guy

More seriously, am glad they appear to be featuring Carl on lead vocals on at least one track, hope the song is a good one too.

One does wonder, if this album is well received and sells fairly well, whether there'll be a temptation to do a follow-up. If so, I just hope they continue to get on well and enjoy each others company, as appears to be the case this time around.

I'm still getting my head around there being a proper, brand new Beach Boys album in the works. They really deserve a good send-off album, to help round off their legacy. It would have been sad if Summer in Paradise and Stars and Stripes (both of which imo have their limited pleasures) really were their final utterances as a group. Sonically, I anticipate a sound somewhere between Brian's Imagination and That Lucky Old Sun albums, which would be in the right general ball park for me, just hope the instruments are all real, not synthy versions.

coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 28, 2012, 01:27:45 PM »

A thought crossed my mind today--What if the name of that PBS special airing in June, "Summer's Gone", is taken from one of the new song titles?

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: March 28, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »

A thought crossed my mind today--What if the name of that PBS special airing in June, "Summer's Gone", is taken from one of the new song titles?

It's either a song title, the album title, or completely unrelated to the new music they're producing.

Soon, my friend....

No mas, por favor.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 28, 2012, 02:22:51 PM »

More seriously, am glad they appear to be featuring Carl on lead vocals on at least one track, hope the song is a good one too.

Not sure where you got this info. Waves of Love (which had some Carl vox recorded in the 90s) has been mentioned offhand as a possible track, but if the just-released version from Al is anything to go by, Carl isn't singing lead.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #995 on: March 28, 2012, 04:41:22 PM »

Not sure where you got this info. Waves of Love (which had some Carl vox recorded in the 90s) has been mentioned offhand as a possible track, but if the just-released version from Al is anything to go by, Carl isn't singing lead.

From what I've heard, Carl is on the lead for some portin of the song, I believe one article mentioned it was a bridge of the song. The Amazon clip doesn't have this section, but I think Carl does some lead lines on it, not just backing vocals.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

That was great! Could we just try it once more

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 28, 2012, 07:17:06 PM »

I Just heard the Amazon clip of Waves Of Love, and based on the clip only.
Wow it's great. Sounds very 65 Beach Boys.

Don't Fight The Sea, sounded much better than the version I heard on youtube, either the fidelity
is vastly improved, or there are new overdubs, or maybe just a better mix. I think it is overdubs
that are not present on the youtube versions.

Waves of Love is really good. Which Beach Boys are singing on the Jardine version, I tried to buy
the song, but you have to purchase the whole album. Itunes didn't even have it at all. Sometimes
the clips at different vendors use different pieces of the song. It's advertised on ITUNES from Jardine's
site  I believe so I don't know why it's not there.

Don't Fight The Sea, has sort of that Terry Jacks sing song unpleasant vibe, but Waves Of Love Knocked me out
If the Beach Boy version is even better, look out, if they are bumping this song, because it's not good enough, then
the new material must be phenomenal, there is no way they could bump this song because it's not good enough, sometimes
these 30 second clips can be misleading, but this track is great, why on earth didn't he put it on the regular album
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 07:18:13 PM by vintagemusic » Logged
SonoraDick
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 28, 2012, 07:55:32 PM »

I tried to buy the song, but you have to purchase the whole album. Itunes didn't even have it at all.

Al's album hasn't been released yet; that's why you can't buy it. IF there are no further delays, it'll be available next Tuesday, April 3. However, extra, or bonus tracks, often are only available with the purchase of the entire album. That's usually the case with iTunes, but Amazon might be different. However, I feel the whole album is definitely worth the $10 or so that Amazon wants. 
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 28, 2012, 08:35:24 PM »

Some of the fat boys are dead.  So that won't be happening.

Also "last beach boys album" isn't set in stone.  Nobody's said it's their last album.

Does anybody think "The Private life of Bill and Sue" sounds very Beatlish?  I dont' know if it's just because it makes me think of Eleanor Rigby, or what.  It sounds like something Paul or John would write....

with that said... perhaps the album DOES have a mid '60's vibe to it. 
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #999 on: March 28, 2012, 08:41:31 PM »

Some of the fat boys are dead.  So that won't be happening.

Also "last beach boys album" isn't set in stone.  Nobody's said it's their last album.

Does anybody think "The Private life of Bill and Sue" sounds very Beatlish?  I dont' know if it's just because it makes me think of Eleanor Rigby, or what.  It sounds like something Paul or John would write....

with that said... perhaps the album DOES have a mid '60's vibe to it. 
Probebly because of ths song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAEE0JEgIM
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 166 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx