gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:56:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 166 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New album info (as it rolls out...)  (Read 1055874 times)
doinnothin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: February 27, 2012, 07:07:01 AM »

Maybe they'll finish Can't Wait Too Long [Been Way Too Long] for the record!

took me a while to understand what was going on in this thread. mainly because i thought that veggie was a bokchoy
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #301 on: February 27, 2012, 08:39:35 AM »

Maybe they'll finish Can't Wait Too Long [Been Way Too Long] for the record!

Don't think so. Brian used part of it on TLOS and I don't believe he would be up for working on it again.

Mike Love encouraging Brian to do "Heroes And Villains".  Yet another never-thought-I'd-see-the-day.  :-)

You know, it makes a lot of sense to do that song. The Smile box is a big seller and people probably would like to hear some of it so that makes a lot of sense. And to play it on the anniversary tour, which should show as many sides of Beach Boys music as possible would make sense. And that tour... it just makes a lot of sense to tour together for the anniversary and play some Beach Boys songs, which makes sense because what other songs should they play that would make sense ? Of course they could play Chcuk Berry's "Rock and roll music" which was a hit for the Beach Boys in 1976, that was before "Kokomo" became No 1 in 1988, so that would make sense..... sense, sense,sense...... 3D

I'm happy that Mike is a better lyricist that speaker......  LOL
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 11:20:11 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 27, 2012, 11:15:59 AM »

CD/LP/download sales are so low these days that as another poster has said, almost nothing sells millions these days. Only a few over-hyped and under-talented artists beloved of teenagers sell that sort of tonnage.

The Beach Boys could pull a great album out of the bag, get great reviews, even air play and a couple of genuine hit singles...the album could crack the top 10 in the USA and UK....and still not sell a million worldwide. That's not because they are The Beach Boys but because music sales are very low.

I'll buy this new record even if is a steaming pile of dung....though to be honest at this point my least expectations are of an album that is listenable with 3 or 4 really good tracks - and it could well end up being better than that.
PhilSpectre
Smiley Smile Associate

May You Never Hear Surf Music ... Again

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 27, 2012, 12:05:39 PM »

I very much doubt this would happen, but even if they can't (due to technical limitations of separating vocals and music on old recordings) or don't want to use a Dennis Wilson song/ vocal (too old, poor sound quality etc), it would be lovely if they put in a snatch or two of him singing, talking, playing the drums (beyond any such sample of his drums on DIA) or even laughing at the beginning or end of a track (in some kind of context within the song/ album) as recognition to the cool dude who was as much a Beach Boy as anyone on the new record. He deserves at least that much, if we are talking 50 years of the group, and not just a snapshot of the group today. He was the real Beach Boy after all, whose surf, cars and girls lifestyle inspired many of their earliest songs  Cool .
KokoNO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 27, 2012, 12:40:32 PM »

and supposedly the high quality of this new album, and the drama of the reunion, and the swansong, if this album is as good
as they say it's going to be, I still say 1-2 million units worldwide.

Didn't Brian Wilson presents Smile 2004 surpass between one and two million worldwide. Now that was 8 years ago
but still, this has the Beach Boy name, and everything else, if the album is good, they will do well. I hope.

Jesus. Ok, you know how crazy it would be for them to sell 2 million albums worldwide? Last year, the tenth best selling album in the United States was Lady Antebellum's Own The Night. It sold 1.2 million copies in the United States which is probably about how many The Beach Boys would have to sell here to reach 2 million worldwide. There's no way. They won't get any music video play on television (as if there's much of that anymore, anyway) and Adult Contemporary stations are the only ones that will play their tunes (and that's if they have a soft rock number or whatever that's very, very good). This band doesn't even get played on classic rock stations, only Oldies stations of which most of the country don't even have access to One.

Brian Wilson's Smile has sold a few hundred thousand copies worldwide. I'd guess about 300,000, maybe slightly more. In the UK where the band seems to have their biggest cult following, it sold over 100,000. Based on its US chart success, I couldn't imagine more than 150,000 State-side. Again, you're way overestimating album sales in today's market. Surpassing 200K in the US in one year is now enough to make Billboard's Annual Top 100.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #305 on: February 27, 2012, 02:15:27 PM »

'Wilson says, "I don't think we're gonna do 'Smile.' I personally don't want to. We're not gonna do 'Smile.'"
At this point, Love steps in.
"Brian, you don't think we might do one song, like 'Heroes and Villains' or something?" he asks.
"Oh, absolutely," Wilson says. "I thought you meant the whole thing. Of course we can do 'Heroes and Villains.'"

Oh Bri.  Grin

Mike Love encouraging Brian to do "Heroes And Villains".  Yet another never-thought-I'd-see-the-day.  :-)

Cheers,
Jon Blum

I would love to see Heroes and Villains with Mike in the band. I love how he does the Heroes and Villains Part 2 bass vocal, "duh heroes, duh heroes, the heroes and villains".

on a related note, I hate how during the Grammy performance of Good Vibrations, Jeff did the Asher-version "AND I'M PICKIN' UP" thing before the chorus.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

That was great! Could we just try it once more

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 27, 2012, 08:23:03 PM »

and supposedly the high quality of this new album, and the drama of the reunion, and the swansong, if this album is as good
as they say it's going to be, I still say 1-2 million units worldwide.

Didn't Brian Wilson presents Smile 2004 surpass between one and two million worldwide. Now that was 8 years ago
but still, this has the Beach Boy name, and everything else, if the album is good, they will do well. I hope.

Jesus. OK, you know how crazy it would be for them to sell 2 million albums worldwide? Last year, the tenth best selling album in the United States was Lady Antebellum Own The Night. It sold 1.2 million copies in the United States which is probably about how many The Beach Boys would have to sell here to reach 2 million worldwide. There's no way. They won't get any music video play on television (as if there's much of that anymore, anyway) and Adult Contemporary stations are the only ones that will play their tunes (and that's if they have a soft rock number or whatever that's very, very good). This band doesn't even get played on classic rock stations, only Oldies stations of which most of the country don't even have access to One.

Brian Wilson's Smile has sold a few hundred thousand copies worldwide. I'd guess about 300,000, maybe slightly more. In the UK where the band seems to have their biggest cult following, it sold over 100,000. Based on its US chart success, I couldn't imagine more than 150,000 Stateside. Again, you're way overestimating album sales in today's market. Surpassing 200K in the US in one year is now enough to make Billboard's Annual Top 100.

OK , if numbers have gone down that far Jesus. I knew album sales were way down, progressively over the last decade, but
no I didn't know it was that bad. If I understood you guys correctly,  ten albums sold a million units in the  USA last year, probably only
a handful of singles. I knew it was bad, but not that bad! Yikes

Still we have a couple things in their favor, one take the Smile five disc or Beadle remaster boxes, people were paying for
either five discs (beach boys) 14 discs (beatle remasters) or two discs (Beach boys 2 disc set) but the jerk people who count
that stuff only counted each five disc box set as one unit. It really is five, you are getting the money for five, you have issued five
but in their magic math everytime someone bought five discs of Smile Billboard and the other organizations   said it was one copy
which is pretty expensive since people were paying like a 150 bucks apiece. the Beatles one is even worse, people were plunking
down enough money for 14 discs! a pretty penny indeed, and it was counted by the I dint know what to call them, crooks, so there is
the whole what constitutes a unit. They might give you  credit for a hundred thousand but you really just pocketed the money
for a half a million

Second,    McCartney and new Beatles projects do still sell a couple million   So this is a perfect time for the Beach Boys to be able to
do that on this one, if the album is good.  The label is behind them. All the original members are hitting the road hard. They are getting
enormous free did I say free Press in the largest news and music publications in the country, there is an enormous swell of support
for the Beach Boys, what they have been through, a great deal of pride in them as an American institution, they appeal to California    
people because they are the native sons,  people do surf here and ride those kind of cars, and AL that. The right wing parents like them
and their right wing beach kids are encouraged to like them. Because they are politically safe playing benefits for Ronald Reagan, inoffensive
lyrics, music that makes you feel good.  All the conservatives like them because the message is so compelling, a human interest story.
The liberals and artists like them, because of their prowess in the studio, innovation,   musical chops. The country needs hero's'
people are outta work, whole communities    are losing their homes and ability to support their family. Here comes nutty Brian Wilson
and the Beach Boys with a message of peace and love, and a good time,   They are to America what the Beatles are to the UK,
They are making every right move, it's a human interest story, a message of hope, overcoming adversity, and a great musical story
they are going to sing one more time on record and across America and the world. meanwhile they will keep getting on every television
and radios station for free press, day after day, week after week. The last time one of the original genius groups of the sixties will
ever offer a new album...

If this is played right with the delivery of a really good album., the label going for broke behind them, all the free publicity,  a successful tour
where literally millions of Americans and Britons will see and hear them in their local town, and read about this heartwarming story in the
local press, and with all the sharp dedicated people who work with them

There may be only ten gold albums per year in America right now, but this has a shot at being one of them. This is a special moment..

Any more news on the music, song titles,   descriptions anything fresh?

« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 08:24:26 PM by vintagemusic » Logged
KokoNO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 28, 2012, 01:43:05 AM »

Every unit in a multidisc set is counted as long as it is a certain length. So the Smile box does count as five units per set sold. Also, gold albums are for only half a million in sales and platinum is the award for one million copies sold.

You are right about McCartney as his new, proper studio albums do reach the million mark. A lot of that is due to the tour. If two million people see him live and one in four buys the album, he is halfway there. The tour for the Boys will dwarf any other promotion for this album.
Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 28, 2012, 03:38:21 AM »

You are right about McCartney as his new, proper studio albums do reach the million mark.

...actually, I don't think he's had a platinum studio album since the mid-'80s.  They all go gold (and then some), but don't reach a million in the US.  Worldwide, though, they probably top a million.

His live sets tend to go platinum, but they're multi-disc...

Cheers,
Jon Blum
vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 28, 2012, 04:37:18 AM »

Every unit in a multidisc set is counted as long as it is a certain length. So the Smile box does count as five units per set sold. Also, gold albums are for only half a million in sales and platinum is the award for one million copies sold.

You are right about McCartney as his new, proper studio albums do reach the million mark. A lot of that is due to the tour. If two million people see him live and one in four buys the album, he is halfway there. The tour for the Boys will dwarf any other promotion for this album.

Look I think you are partially right. Billboard and the RIAA and whoever else have some funky rules regarding how
old music, or multidisc music is counted, I don't have all the facts in front of me, and it's been hard for me to find
that stuff on line. Needless to say I am not an accountant, math whiz or Business man.

Music is down, sales. But this new album and tour is an iconic moment. Its historical, this new album is the kind of thing
that can be bought by libraries, school districts for art, music and history classes. This album could be a cultural phenomenon
If the album is good, a wide cross section of people could dig this album. The arty younger music crowd, the California crowd,
the traditional Beach Boy fan, the old classic rock fan, social and political Conservatives  who normally tend to shy away from
pop artists. The Beach Boys have a long history of being associated with republicans like Ronald Reagan. All the parents that
want to turn their kids on to something cool. My cousins turned me on to Sgt pepper through the headphones in 67, that's how
it began for me. All the marketing that will remind people of what a historic moment this is, the last new album from one of the
iconic sixties bands, they are all dead or unavailable. The press is eating up this story, The New York Times, LA Times, USA TODAY
Rolling Stone, and they haven't even played one show or released a single new song yet. Brian Wilson's heartwarming return
after living in the abyss of mental illness.

Radio play, well, oldies , adult contemporary, and   they really need a good single, and some promoters with muscle to break
that for Billboard hot 100. They need to muscle that single into the top 20 or higher. At least for two weeks. They need to play it
on Letterman, Jay Leno, and everybody else. They need a cool video, the animated Hero's and Villians  video was interesting, but
kind of primitive. I Like the DIA video, something more like that, with a brand new killer song.    

People are rooting for  them. Now what do they play five thousand seaters? that's only a quarter million people, but you add
the extra shows, and European shows, a few big venues on special nights, maybe that number goes up to half a million. 10-20 million
just saw them on the grammys, they need to do the new song on televising on late night TV or CNN everywhere they can, they can
add perhaps 10-15 million people that will see the song,  

It doesn't matter, I just wanna hear the new album. But I can see, how this is their moment, and they can do very well with some
push and muscle and work. But the album and single have to deliver. They are not gonna go big based on their 70 year old appearance
and camaraderie in front of the camera. People wanna give them free TV exposure for this, both as entertainment, nostalgia, national pride
a human interest story, I hope they have a title more inspiring than, "that's why God made the radio" although, people say the song is
killer, so if it is. bring it on. Springsteen hit the cover of time and newsweek within a few weeks of each other,in I think 1975, it launched
him as the new Dylan, the new superstar, he launched into the stratosphere overnight, for my money he is a lucky guy, not anywhere on
the level of the Beach Boys or Beatles or Dylan. Or even Elvis Costello. The Beach Boys are poised to get that same kind of press,

Sorry for taking up your time. They all have more money in the bank than I'll ever have, I just hope I enjoy the album. But I really
do see how this is their moment to soar.

"thats why God made the radio"  Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue or imagination like, God Only Know's or Good Vibrations
But then California Girls is not exactly high lyrical art, yet it's a great song, so fingers crossed. You can't judge a song by it's title.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 04:43:15 AM by vintagemusic » Logged
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 28, 2012, 04:43:55 AM »

Just so everyone knows - you currently need to sell 500,000 units to earn a RIAA gold record certification.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 28, 2012, 06:10:00 AM »

Just so everyone knows - you currently need to sell 500,000 units to earn a RIAA gold record certification.

Yeah that's not gonna happen..

Selling 50 thousand first week get's you a number 1, that's how bad it is these days..

Well for everyone expect Adele, man that numbers she is racking up, simply incredible

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #312 on: February 28, 2012, 07:56:49 AM »

Every unit in a multidisc set is counted as long as it is a certain length. So the Smile box does count as five units per set sold.

Seven units, actually.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 28, 2012, 08:27:36 AM »

So how many sells would it take to make a #1 on the singles charts?

What I'm getting at is that us hardcore fans in a coordinated effort maybe could create a hit, although maybe not a #1, for them by buying multiple downloads of the same song during the same week. Would that be realistic?

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 28, 2012, 09:07:54 AM »

What I'm getting at is that us hardcore fans in a coordinated effort maybe could create a hit, although maybe not a #1, for them by buying multiple downloads of the same song during the same week. Would that be realistic?

Singles are different, I think ... people do buy them in relatively large numbers as downloads. We'd probably have more impact as a coordinated album buying (both physical and digital) campaign.
KokoNO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: February 28, 2012, 12:50:20 PM »

You are right about McCartney as his new, proper studio albums do reach the million mark.

...actually, I don't think he's had a platinum studio album since the mid-'80s.  They all go gold (and then some), but don't reach a million in the US.  Worldwide, though, they probably top a million.

His live sets tend to go platinum, but they're multi-disc...

Cheers,
Jon Blum

Yeah, I was thinking on a global scale where he's clearly passed the million mark often lately. Should be noted though that his solo career has done far, far better in the United States than it has in the UK or most anywhere else. I think it's because, like a lot of other big acts, he plays all over this country due to the large amount of people/money there is to be had here. In the UK, his albums just kind of meet with a shrug and tend to fall off the charts quickly.

I'd expect the opposite for The Beach Boys though. In the UK, people listen to a wider array of music and understand the importance of this band. In the US, the idea of rock is so dominated by "RAWK!" that pretty much everything that isn't loud gets ignored (just turn on your local modern rock station to see what I mean). Granted, we have a lot of older baby boomers Stateside that are into the band's early surf stuff, but it's just weird how much easier it is to flip through the dial and hear AC/DC or Aerosmith in the United States than it is to hear The Beach Boys or Beatles.

[/quote]
Every unit in a multidisc set is counted as long as it is a certain length. So the Smile box does count as five units per set sold.

Seven units, actually.  Grin

Ah, you're right. Counting it as seven thanks to the two vinyl set for the album is the correct way to go about it.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 12:52:50 PM by KokoNO » Logged
vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 28, 2012, 01:29:21 PM »

Look whatever the country by country breakdown turns out to be, I am thinking more in terms of
worldwide sales, because the Beach Boys have fans all over the world, like Britain for example,where
they me be more respected than in the states.

I realize it's half a million for gold and a million for platinum, but there must be some sort of gold or platinum
status based on the world wide sales totals also,

Anyway main point, the country,music world and both the entertainment and regular media are giving
huge attention to the Beach Boys celebration, reunion, and that bodes very well for sales and critical acclaim
when you consider the heartbreaking and joyous   circumstances, the loss of Carl and Dennis Wilson, the ressurrection
of Brian Wilson, the drive and desire of Brian Mike and Al, and Bruce and David, the media saturation, combined
with this large scale tour, promoting themselves on Letterman, CNN, Leno, and the other shows, the radio programmers
who really want to give them a break, if the album delivers the real goods, and they push a single hard, hopefully
with a vieo that can go viral.  Remember my example of Springsteen and how two back to back covers on Time and Newsweek
launched him into the stratosphere,  along with a good new album. THis is not just another album by Brian or the B Boys
this is a historic thing, this is a once in a lifetime, and they have all the muscle at Capitol behnid them, they are poised
everything, all the stars are right, if the album really delivers, people will be slapping them on he back and saying
so what have you guys been up to!, This is their moment, all their people, supporting staff, musicians, label, managers
people working radio, everybody has to go all out, this is their big shot. for commercial and critical ressurection.

Look they don;t need half a million sales to be vindicated commercially or artistically. This is their year, just so long
as Brian delivers a good album.  Brians band many be technically better, but that Beach Boys blend with Wilsons
vocal arrangements has the chemistry, and wisely they are using some of Wilson's guys and Mike's guys aren't bad
either, that Cowsill drummer seems to have a good feel, hard to tell from just the remake, but if he is a Cowsill he
probably well understands the chemistry of a vocal group and family group..

Any word on new titles or overdubs or freshly written songs, or anything informative
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 28, 2012, 05:59:59 PM »

Look they don;t need half a million sales to be vindicated commercially or artistically. This is their year, just so long
as Brian delivers a good album.  Brians band many be technically better, but that Beach Boys blend with Wilsons
vocal arrangements has the chemistry, and wisely they are using some of Wilson's guys and Mike's guys aren't bad
either, that Cowsill drummer seems to have a good feel, hard to tell from just the remake, but if he is a Cowsill he

The band line-up is actually what's convinced me that everything's being done right - because Cowsill and Totten are the two people from Mike and Bruce's band that I'd have chosen to join Brian's band. John Cowsill will *amaze* you - he's easily the best drummer any Beach Boys related act has had, as well as being a phenomenal vocalist. Watch the video of the Grammys if you can find it anywhere online now, and just look at his interplay with Nelson Bragg, and remember that while he knows the song, that's the first time he'd played in public with that band.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Justin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 28, 2012, 07:31:03 PM »

Yes I've really enjoyed Cowsill's work as of late.  He's got a powerful sound and I think it's a great match for the band.
jackstar74
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 28, 2012, 08:10:50 PM »

The band line-up is actually what's convinced me that everything's being done right - because Cowsill and Totten are the two people from Mike and Bruce's band that I'd have chosen to join Brian's band. John Cowsill will *amaze* you - he's easily the best drummer any Beach Boys related act has had, as well as being a phenomenal vocalist. Watch the video of the Grammys if you can find it anywhere online now, and just look at his interplay with Nelson Bragg, and remember that while he knows the song, that's the first time he'd played in public with that band.

As good as Cowsill is....the distinction of the best drummer any Beach Boys related act easily goes to Todd Sucherman
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 29, 2012, 03:08:11 AM »

Singles are different, I think ... people do buy them in relatively large numbers as downloads. We'd probably have more impact as a coordinated album buying (both physical and digital) campaign.
Good point. Unfortunately more expensive to carry out.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #321 on: February 29, 2012, 04:24:28 AM »

I've only seen some videos of Cowsill singing, but it wasn't that impressive. As a drummer though he's great

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
vintagemusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 29, 2012, 05:14:28 AM »

I've only seen some videos of Cowsill singing, but it wasn't that impressive. As a drummer though he's great

Well the thing about that, his name is Cowsill, so I presume, based on his apparent age, and appearance, he is
one of the "Cowsill" family. Which of course was a very successful sixties family band, which is what the Partridge Family
TV show was based on. if he is indeed from that clan, he is well used to hit records, going on the road, knowing how
to fit in, a backround in supporting melodic songs with the drums, the dynamics of a family band ala Wilson=Love
he is familiar with the great sixties music in general particularly melodic pop, and music wise, even though I just
saw the one song, he seemed to be a good fit, and he seemed to get along , the guys seemed comfortable around him.
Just a lot of small advantages that could be useful.
'

Oftentimes when a band who grew up together or is related loses a member, when they seek a replacement, they
seek someone with the chemistry to fit in. plus his chops and fills and tasty playing seemed Right

Now of course if he is not one of the Cowsills or their nephew or something I am really wiping the egg off my face,

Except for Foskett who seems to behave like a suspicious off duty policeman, all the guys I've met from Wilson's band
seem like sharp, but easy going mellow people I hope one of them leaks a song title or some information soon.

There are so many engineers, singers, musicians, publicists, family members, friends, working on this album, it may be
like a movie and even people who play on the album,have no idea what the whole picture looks like, There may not be one
engineer or drummer or bass player who has worked on the whole album and can offer a picture of what its like. I always get
nervous when the Beach Boys say they are akin an album that cant be explained or understood, until they edit it all
togethe! Yikes!

Just Kidding, we should get some more news soon on how much progress they have made in the studio, how many songs are done
some more song titles an overall description of what it sounds like, how many tracks on the album, whats the first single
who played on the album. Besides the Beach boys and Foster did anyone else sing on anything (god I hope not) Who played
did any of the living wrecking crew members pop in and play on a song. More info on the ending song suite medley. Are they filming
the recording sessions so we can see a highlight film.are they recording on tape at all, and then dumping it into protools
or are they going directly to protools from the beginning. Will there be any bonus tracks. Will Carl Wilson be featured on just
the one Al Jardine song, or is it likely Carl Wilson could be on two songs. Do they have anything groovy in mind for the artwork
Frank Holmes redux, standard Capitol art department. Any chance they'll go to Jardines remote Northern Cal retreat and do some vocals
up there to stay away from prying eyes. Do the guys take dinner break together. Do they have their own private lounges at Oceanway, do
they work like a easy noon to six kind of deal and call it, leave the engineer to do the tedious work, or do they go in there and do 12 hour
days,

Other than that, I don't have any questions till next week.

Outtasight!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 29, 2012, 05:23:26 AM »

As good as Cowsill is....the distinction of the best drummer any Beach Boys related act easily goes to Todd Sucherman

Correct!
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 29, 2012, 05:35:47 AM »

Well the thing about that, his name is Cowsill, so I presume, based on his apparent age, and appearance, he is
one of the "Cowsill" family.
He is.  Smiley
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 166 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx