gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681012 Posts in 27626 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 15, 2024, 01:22:39 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 166 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New album info (as it rolls out...)  (Read 1066528 times)
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 26, 2012, 03:08:31 PM »

Besides, no Carl = no rock.

As great as Carl was, David is/was a better guitar player.

Sorry, I was talking more vocally. Didn't mean to discredit David or anyone with saying that, but if there was ever a rock vocalist in the Beach Boys, it was definitely Carl.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Paulos
« Reply #951 on: March 26, 2012, 03:22:50 PM »

10 weeks today until the new album, hoping for a title and tracklisting soon.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 26, 2012, 03:57:26 PM »

It's a trick, the "new album" will, in fact, be another Capitol compilation: Summer Love Songs 2: Additional Summer Love Songs.

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
ArchStanton
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 26, 2012, 08:22:14 PM »

It's a trick, the "new album" will, in fact, be another Capitol compilation: Summer Love Songs 2: Additional Summer Love Songs.

Smiley  Too funny, what's sad is I'd likely buy it if it had a version of I Get Around with one extra second on it.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 26, 2012, 09:56:59 PM »

Just posted on Facebook

"I'm home from Florida tonight after a couple of very tough travel days. Lookin' forward to some down time with my family before I head back to LA. Exciting stuff in the wind &, if things work out, people will be surprised at what's being worked on right now." Matt Jardine

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 26, 2012, 10:04:19 PM »

Smiley  Too funny, what's sad is I'd likely buy it if it had a version of I Get Around with one extra second on it.

(Nasal Domination Version)

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrround round get

No mas, por favor.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 27, 2012, 01:58:08 AM »

Neil Young & Crazy Horse album due the same day… we must all have been very good boys and girls recently!

“We live in divisive times.”
Paulos
« Reply #957 on: March 27, 2012, 03:44:20 AM »

Neil Young & Crazy Horse album due the same day… we must all have been very good boys and girls recently!

We must have been good boys and girls, by June we will have had the Smile Session, the reunion and new album all within a 7 month period.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 27, 2012, 08:05:51 AM »

Just posted on Facebook

"I'm home from Florida tonight after a couple of very tough travel days. Lookin' forward to some down time with my family before I head back to LA. Exciting stuff in the wind &, if things work out, people will be surprised at what's being worked on right now." Matt Jardine

"If things work out..."?!?  Don't say that Matthew.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #959 on: March 27, 2012, 08:30:10 AM »

Just posted on Facebook

"If things work out..."?!?  Don't say that Matthew.
maybe he's talking about promotion or  if things work out as far as getting alot of people to hear it  or something like that,maybe there's a fear it won't get promoted the right way..
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: March 27, 2012, 09:09:17 AM »

According to  Mike's facebook page, they were back in the studio yesterday. Do we think Matt's comments might mean he is now involved in the recording, and that the recent photos weren't just staged shots for the DFTS video?  AGD...Huh
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:10:38 AM by southbay » Logged

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #961 on: March 27, 2012, 11:28:02 AM »

According to  Mike's facebook page, they were back in the studio yesterday. Do we think Matt's comments might mean he is now involved in the recording, and that the recent photos weren't just staged shots for the DFTS video?  AGD...Huh

I think it's quite likely those DFTS shots were staged, but that doesn't mean Matt isn't recording with them. It sounds like the new album is a mixture of different musicians and lineups, so I wouldn't be surprised if Matt ends up somewhere on the album even if nobody outside of perhaps the BB's themselves actually appear on every single track on the album.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Wilson Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 27, 2012, 12:17:47 PM »

I think it's quite likely those DFTS shots were staged, but that doesn't mean Matt isn't recording with them. It sounds like the new album is a mixture of different musicians and lineups, so I wouldn't be surprised if Matt ends up somewhere on the album even if nobody outside of perhaps the BB's themselves actually appear on every single track on the album.
Sounds about right.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 27, 2012, 12:44:29 PM »

According to  Mike's facebook page, they were back in the studio yesterday. Do we think Matt's comments might mean he is now involved in the recording, and that the recent photos weren't just staged shots for the DFTS video?  AGD...Huh

Sounds about right.

Yeah, I'll buy that too.  For my money, the more M. Jardine on there the better.

Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 27, 2012, 04:46:50 PM »

I just hope we get a nice blend.  It's nice to see the young jardine there, i'd say his falsetto makes a much more "beach boy" blend than fosketts
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 27, 2012, 06:02:38 PM »

I just hope we get a nice blend.  It's nice to see the young jardine there, i'd say his falsetto makes a much more "beach boy" blend than fosketts

This x 3959395329853298583285

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
jimmy1949
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 27, 2012, 06:07:26 PM »

The April 12 issue of Rolling Stone speaks of a cut from the new album called "Beaches In Mind".Also states that more than a dozen songs were finished. Mike says it sounds like the 1965 era BB's. No bull. Grin
jimmy1949
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 27, 2012, 06:13:50 PM »

He also says that "is not going to be silly..like SMILEY SMILE.He adds "I'm trying to write lyrics that fit the music without making it sound like you're writing from a hospice". Huh Huh
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 27, 2012, 06:39:30 PM »

He adds "I'm trying to write lyrics that fit the music without making it sound like you're writing from a hospice". Huh Huh
He really said that? Wow, that's really dark.

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 27, 2012, 06:42:27 PM »

This x 3959395329853298583285

Totally.

... And maybe I'm nuts, but I'm hoping for at least one or two falsetto moments from Brian.
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 27, 2012, 06:45:29 PM »

Mike says it sounds like the 1965 era BB's. No bull. Grin

Sounding like "Today!" is probably the best thing we could possibly ask for.

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 27, 2012, 06:54:08 PM »

The April 12 issue of Rolling Stone speaks of a cut from the new album called "Beaches In Mind".Also states that more than a dozen songs were finished. Mike says it sounds like the 1965 era BB's. No bull. Grin
Dos Beaches and hos is in my mind...word..homebooooooooy
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 27, 2012, 07:11:56 PM »

summer days and summer nights is what i thought of.  That's more what i would expect
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 27, 2012, 07:12:58 PM »

can we get anymore details from the rolling stone issue?
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 27, 2012, 07:24:08 PM »

summer days and summer nights is what i thought of.  That's more what i would expect
I hope that means we get the wall of sound type thing or at least something close to it..
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 ... 166 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx