gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 10:54:54 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 ... 166 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New album info (as it rolls out...)  (Read 1051452 times)
endofposts
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3225 on: May 25, 2012, 03:16:15 PM »

Paisley seems like a Brian Wilson thing.  I'm pretty sure he was wearing a paisley shirt at a book-signing in San Francisco in the early '90s (along with acid-washed jeans, which were the height of fashion back then).  He also wore a lot of those types of patterns during the "Smile" era. Perhaps their costume designer chose a paisley print  in honor of the "Smile" boxed set.  Though he/she could have chosen one more tasteful and less hideous.
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: May 25, 2012, 03:18:10 PM »

The shirts are most likely a BBs in-joke. It fits the guys' sense of humour to a tee (pun intended).
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: May 25, 2012, 03:38:26 PM »

I've gotta say, Brian's Vocal on "Summer's Gone", from the preview, may be his best since the 70's

Sea Devil
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: May 25, 2012, 03:50:52 PM »

I've gotta say, Brian's Vocal on "Summer's Gone", from the preview, may be his best since the 70's
has the f--ing thing leaked yet?

Still Lurkin'
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: May 25, 2012, 04:15:11 PM »

From the sound of it, no.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: May 25, 2012, 04:33:27 PM »

Yeah, I really think that, as somebody else said recently, he just sounds like an older Brian Wilson, instead of a Brian Wilson who ruined his voice and stopped singing properly. So basically he sounds like he should sound. Which is awesome.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: May 25, 2012, 05:19:16 PM »

Nope, trust me I've been checking..

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: May 25, 2012, 05:31:29 PM »

Nope, trust me I've been checking..

Same haha...

Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: May 25, 2012, 08:03:38 PM »

What a fantastic article posted yesterday.  Very informative concernig the album we are getting, while leaving bits of information that leave me wanting more.

I've now visions of a project where "Wilson's plan was to title the new album Summer's Gone," (a title I was fond of upon first seeing the potential track listing for TWGMTR) "and end the record — the final Beach Boys record — with that ("Summer's Gone") track."  This apparently was the plan before "Wilson had a change of heart."  The article explains "Everybody was getting along so well and the creativeness started flowing again that he (Brian) shelved the idea of this being the last song on the last Beach Boys record," Thomas said. "He was having too good of a time."  I'm really happy to hear this, because I think it's something the 'Boys all deserve, and speaking selfishly, I hope to hear more quality Beach Boys LPs.

Still there's still this lingering notion of an eleven-song suite which explores the theme of Brian "looking at life as an older adult."

I mean, my goodness.  Goosebumps.

It's the kind of theme that my most beloved, John Lennon, was just really beginning to explore more deeply in his own work, before he was cheated out of years and we were robbed of the music.

I hope the band keep making music together for as long as they are happy to do so, but the idea of naming the final Beach Boys album Summer's Gone with the title track serving as the final bow is just such a wondrous thought (reminds me, naturally, of the Beatles' final album released under a moniker which evokes the theme of their studio work, finishing off with "The End").  The absolute icing would've been an album's-length suite of compositions.

I'd love to one day hear the six numbers that constitute the "first half," along with "I'd Go Anywhere."  Things change over time, of course - especially the artists own vision for his work (as I,myself, can attest) - but as long as we're not told that it was just a passing fancy, or "I scrapped it," then maybe (just maybe) Brian will see the whole suite through to completion, released under whichever banner is deemed appropriate, and then we'll have the opportunity to one day piece it all together ourselves.  When it's all said and done, there's a certain charm to that, too.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: May 25, 2012, 09:21:47 PM »

i think it's cool that if Brian ever finished the suite with the Boys, then "summer's gone" would still be the last beach boys song on the last beach boys album. :D

but i'm not gonna count on it.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: May 25, 2012, 09:32:36 PM »

I gotta say, I still find unlikely that they will do another album. Maybe it's just because I find it totally incredible that there is actually a new Beach Boys album in 2012, but I just don't know if I can see them doing another one on top of that.

As far as I'm concerned, them giving us SMiLE, That's Why God Made the Radio, a few new songs on the upcoming greatest hits album, and a box set is such a great, unexpected gift. So if they do indeed put out a second album, I'll be ecstatic.

However, it's pretty likely they did work on a few other things during the latest sessions. So you probably got "I'd Go Anywhere" from Brian, "Islands in the Sun" and "Waves of Love" from Al, and "She Believes in Love Again" from Bruce, and I'm sure Brian probably has a few other things he still might wanna use. And of course Mike has a backlog of songs he could use. So maybe it's more possible than I suspect.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: May 26, 2012, 05:37:01 AM »

Don't know if this has already been said, but the back cover is on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B007U1FEJE/ref=dp_otherviews_z_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&img=1

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: May 26, 2012, 06:28:53 AM »

Don't know if this has already been said, but the back cover is on amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B007U1FEJE/ref=dp_otherviews_z_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&img=1
I like it.  Smiley Bruce is waving, of course.  Grin
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: May 26, 2012, 06:37:45 AM »

the back is kinda a mess, but whatever, it's just the back cover.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: May 26, 2012, 07:13:55 AM »

I have a VERY strange feeling that we'll hear this later today...

Jonathan Blum
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3240 on: May 26, 2012, 07:28:00 AM »

Or is this a modern equivalent of the stripy shirts they used to wear in the early '60s? We fans deserve to know!!  Grin

They're probably made by Gibson.

Cheers,
Jon Blum
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: May 26, 2012, 08:14:57 AM »

I'm actually even moer diggin' the back, the colored waves are all over the place, gives it a more 60's vibe than the front! pretty neat boi.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: May 26, 2012, 08:29:01 AM »

MAYBE GUYS MAYBE

they'll release one more album and it'll be a DOUBLE ALBUM and the first album will me the mythical "rock n roll" album and and and and the second album will be the finished "Summer's Gone" suite :D :D :D :D :D :D

._.
GoofyJeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: May 26, 2012, 12:19:26 PM »

I have a VERY strange feeling that we'll hear this later today...

I hope so... the wait is killing me, and of course I already have my copies (plural) preordered.

"Because of the attitude of a few mental dinosaurs intent on exploiting our initial success, Brian's huge talent has never been fully appreciated in America and the potential of the group has been stifled.... If the Beatles had suffered this kind of misrepresentation, they would have never got past singing 'Please Please Me' and 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and leaping around in Beatle suits."
-Dennis Wilson, 1970
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: May 26, 2012, 07:00:01 PM »

Re the revolving shirts -- did any of you notice that the paisley shirt Al is wearing is short-sleeved and the one/s Brian, Mike, and Dave are wearing is/are long-sleeved?

The source of the shirts is mentioned in the tour program book: "Wardrobe by Robert Graham."

http://www.robertgraham.us/

Can't afford to buy any of those for my hubby, tho....

Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: May 26, 2012, 07:31:51 PM »

MAYBE GUYS MAYBE

they'll release one more album and it'll be a DOUBLE ALBUM and the first album will me the mythical "rock n roll" album and and and and the second album will be the finished "Summer's Gone" suite :D :D :D :D :D :D

._.

I'd probably die with a smile and a woody the moment the record hit my hands, having never heard a single note.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: May 26, 2012, 08:23:35 PM »

After hearing all the parts, "Summer's Gone" is probably the only song i'd say is worthy of ending the Beach Boys Legacy.

Sie W
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: May 27, 2012, 12:14:02 AM »

http://www.nme.com/news/the-beach-boys/63995

Bruce just wants a dollar....
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: May 27, 2012, 12:25:03 AM »

lawl, big misinterpretation of what he was saying, not helped by the quote kind of being taken out of context.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 12:31:14 AM by runnersdialzero » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Ziggy Stardust
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: May 27, 2012, 01:22:18 AM »

Jeez, i'm starting to REALLY like Daybreak Over The Ocean Fun In The Sun Surfin' Kokomo Forever, it is a very catchy tune actually, believe or not but i think it could be a good second single (MUCH BETTER than SV as someone mentioned ina  thread), yeah, i just said that, boom.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 [130] 131 132 133 134 135 ... 166 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx