gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680714 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 11:57:16 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 ... 166 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New album info (as it rolls out...)  (Read 1060060 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: May 06, 2012, 06:08:58 PM »

To anyone who's heard the album, what are the lyrics "we like to get around, every hot spot in town" from..

I'm curious if that's one of the weaker songs on the album

You still don't know??? I mean, even AFTER you watched the video to the song that was specifically re-pasted for you since you were calling the song "relaxed" and "chilled out" and couldn't understand what people were upset about?

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,12854.200.html

Jesus, chill out..

I missed them say "spring vacation" , it might have been the German dubbing that made me miss it..

And so what, it's grown on me me bit..

Oh no Mr. Mathers, once you form an initial opinion you have to stick with it....no changing your mind....ever.

LMAO. I love that people have nothing better to do on here than bitch at other posters for something as trivial as a song title.

Exactly, luckily it's just a few posters on here who demand perfection..

Apart from them it's a great place

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: May 06, 2012, 06:15:06 PM »

I don't demand perfection. I'm just surpised is all.
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: May 06, 2012, 06:50:33 PM »

hai guyz im a lil bummed out bcuz the beech boiz have dis nu chill song kalled spring vacation but lyke i thot that the beech boiz were all about SUMMER?!? y iznt dis song kalled summer vacation?Huh!1

Don't be eccentric, this is a BEACH BOYS forum, for God's sake!
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: May 06, 2012, 06:53:20 PM »

hai guyz im a lil bummed out bcuz the beech boiz have dis nu chill song kalled spring vacation but lyke i thot that the beech boiz were all about SUMMER?!? y iznt dis song kalled summer vacation?Huh!1

Spring vacation is where the college students go on vacation to party, sort of a "prequel" to summer, so I'd say the title fits perfectly with what The Beach Boys are all about.

No mas, por favor.
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: May 06, 2012, 06:59:11 PM »

Spring vacation is where the college students go on vacation to party, sort of a "prequel" to summer, so I'd say the title fits perfectly with what The Beach Boys are all about.

o rite kewl thanx dat make sense
now wut about that krazy fat burn out geniouz who staid in bed for lyke 5 yrs??? iz he gunna b on dis nu album?? iz he still a beech boi?

stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: May 06, 2012, 07:06:15 PM »

now wut about that krazy fat burn out geniouz who staid in bed for lyke 5 yrs??? iz he gunna b on dis nu album?? iz he still a beech boi?

He actually passed away in bed in the late-60s and was replaced with a Disney animatronic robot. It's getting on in age though, so during live performance it may sound sort of computer-like.

No mas, por favor.
thetojo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: May 06, 2012, 08:09:28 PM »

It really blows my mind that "That's why god Made the Radio" is apparently not even close to being the best song  Shocked

Why? That song was clearly over-hyped! One listen and I was disappointed. Glad to hear other songs might be better. My feeling is that there were too many songwriters on that one - and yet it sounds unfinished (lyrically).
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: May 06, 2012, 08:48:39 PM »

It really blows my mind that "That's why god Made the Radio" is apparently not even close to being the best song  Shocked

Why? That song was clearly over-hyped! One listen and I was disappointed. Glad to hear other songs might be better. My feeling is that there were too many songwriters on that one - and yet it sounds unfinished (lyrically).

i'd be amazed if you can get everything out of a song from one listen. 
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: May 06, 2012, 08:53:03 PM »

i'd be amazed if you can get everything out of a song from one listen. 

You can if you're listening to Linkin Park.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: May 06, 2012, 08:58:07 PM »

He actually passed away in bed in the late-60s and was replaced with a Disney animatronic robot. It's getting on in age though, so during live performance it may sound sort of computer-like.

Shocked CONTROVERSIAL!

stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: May 06, 2012, 09:15:06 PM »

Don't tell anybody but once the tour is over there is talk of moving him to a permanent location at Disneyland called Summerland as part of the Country Brian Jamboree.

No mas, por favor.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: May 06, 2012, 09:53:53 PM »

so when people say "jimmy buffett", do they mean like "margaritaville"?
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: May 06, 2012, 10:01:11 PM »

Maybe they mean like "South American"?

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1988 on: May 06, 2012, 10:30:16 PM »

Just think- according to what was written, Spring Vacation is one of the GOOD tracks.  It says things don't go downhill until you get Private Life. And I really don't like Buffet at all.

Hmm, that's not how I read Andrew's write up.  Seems included Bill and Sue in the 'down"/middle portion of the albumand Spring Vacation was not specifically mentioned.

Read again - I said that the first and last four tracks were at least good. "SV" is track #4. That means it's included in the first four.

Also, two caveats to bear in mind:

1 - it's all my personal opinion. Some folk will surely hate it. Truth.

2 - best since Holland does not in any way whatsoever equate to better than Holland.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 10:35:45 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1989 on: May 06, 2012, 10:36:56 PM »

Vaguely tropical vibe, steel drums and nylon guitars kinda thing. Lumping all three together might not have been such a fine idea.

monicker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: May 06, 2012, 10:41:42 PM »

Like so? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gd87JmkAkE

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: May 06, 2012, 10:47:25 PM »

So here's assuming "Daybreak Over The Ocean" will sound pretty much like it did in Mike's last unreleased collection. I actually found it pretty inoffensive, and it's definitely one the best songs he wrote that was still unreleased by the time they started this project. I'm intrigued to hear the "bring back my baby" parts as done by The Beach Boys. So overall, I gotta say, that if Mike had to get a spot for a "solo"-ish song on the album, I'm glad it is this one.
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: May 06, 2012, 10:53:32 PM »

Daybreak over the ocean, seagulls over the sea

No mas, por favor.
coco1997
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: May 06, 2012, 11:02:49 PM »

Have there been any descriptions of "Pacific Coast Highway"? I find it interesting that it's such a short track.

"I've never been to Mars, but I imagine it's quite lovely."
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1994 on: May 06, 2012, 11:23:28 PM »

Have there been any descriptions of "Pacific Coast Highway"? I find it interesting that it's such a short track.

Poignant.

NatureShowInStereo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1995 on: May 06, 2012, 11:52:19 PM »

Where can I find AGD's write up specifically? I saw the link to the board but I wouldn't know where to start to look for it. And do I have to register to see it?
Kirk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: May 07, 2012, 04:37:58 AM »

Here's the link I found by Googling. Comments start toward the bottom of this 12th page of the thread, starting at 05-04-2012, 10:32 PM, and go on for the rest of its 15 pages: http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/archive/index.php/t-284574-p-12.html

No registration necessary.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: May 07, 2012, 04:42:50 AM »

Where can I find AGD's write up specifically? I saw the link to the board but I wouldn't know where to start to look for it. And do I have to register to see it?

http://s3.excoboard.com/therecordroom/54492/907180/4

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: May 07, 2012, 07:11:24 AM »

Trying to avoid the spoilers, but I can't help but ask:

AGD, does Brian shoot into falsetto at any point on the record?
Paul J B
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: May 07, 2012, 07:18:24 AM »

bbc guy:

Tim Chipping ‏ @timchipping
I can't quite believe it, but they've really pulled it off. Best Beach Boys album since 1979. You will weep.

Would be better if it were best since 1977... LA Light is fine I guess, so looking forward to it!

Or another way of looking at it according to that guy is of their last 3 or 4 efforts this is the best. Since everything after L.A. was pretty bad to awful what exactly does that mean? Again I could argue not exactly a reason to get excited.
In any case having been cautiously optimistic, to cautiously pessimistic about the record, I'm now somewhere in between. If there are indeed a fair amount of decent songs I guess that is cause for celebration....all things considered.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 77 78 79 [80] 81 82 83 84 85 ... 166 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx