gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 03:14:11 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Complete BB Grammy video here.  (Read 16405 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2012, 02:48:45 AM »

Cool that they showed Glenn Campbell early in GV. Man the guys did a great job and it looked like they really brought the house down. The singing was live of course. There were some notes that they certainly wouldn't have left in if they'd pre-record. Brian's mic was not loud enough (or his singing) so Jeff Foskett made sure that the leads were top and he did a splendid job.
I also like how close the guys were together. They were a group not one member at that side, one member at this side and the other one on his own at another point. Guys, this was really a great way to start the reunion celebration and imo every Beach Boy looked happy. I agree that Mike really seems to be thrilled to have Brian back. And Brian seems not to unhappy either....
I never heard the "bap bap"s sound so much like the record. This all really felt like the Beach Boys
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 02:50:19 AM by Rocker » Logged

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2012, 02:56:07 AM »

Brian's mic was not loud enough (or his singing) so Jeff Foskett made sure that the leads were top and he did a splendid job.

That's not how it happened.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2012, 03:23:16 AM »

Sweet moment when Mike and Glen Campbell exchange acknowledgments near the beginning.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2012, 03:24:08 AM »

Sorry if this one's already up, the links are flying thick and fast -  some backstage jive from the official site - http://www.grammy.com/videos/the-beach-boys-one-on-one-backstage

Very nice ! Can't wait for that mellow album.
Mike seemed to have forgotten that Brian also won a Grammy. Good ol' Bruce made sure it got mentioned.

That's not how it happened.

Yes, he probably was doubling him anyway, but normally he only doubles on the high parts in Brian's cocnerts, doesn't he ? You can hear Brian singing a deeper voice on those parts but only very low. I guess his mic really was just not loud enough

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2012, 03:51:40 AM »

Best quality yet:

http://929nin.com/maroon-5-foster-the-people-and-the-beach-boys-grammy-performance/

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2012, 04:01:20 AM »

How do you like this ?

- Jack Rieley
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2012, 04:04:27 AM »

they all look very unnatural except for David.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2012, 04:25:29 AM »

Waistcoat and trilby also sends Dave straight to the top of 'Best Dressed Beach Boy', unlike Bruce's poor show of a leather jacket in true midlife crisis style and everyone else rocking very questionable shirts, or in Al's case a weird faux velvet jacket.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2012, 04:27:44 AM »

Seems EVERYONE had to wear a jacket last night… those boy bands that preceded the man band had to cover their striped shirts, which rather seemed to defeat the object…   Who's in charge of the dress code?

“We live in divisive times.”
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2012, 04:29:30 AM »

How do you like this ?

The Beach Boys Rock!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2012, 04:33:12 AM »

Seems EVERYONE had to wear a jacket last night… those boy bands that preceded the man band had to cover their striped shirts, which rather seemed to defeat the object…   Who's in charge of the dress code?

hm, well they were playing in a tent, in the winter... maybe it was quite cold.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2012, 04:43:21 AM »

hm, well they were playing in a tent, in the winter... maybe it was quite cold.

Didn't you see the show?  They weren't playing in a tent.  They were playing in the Staples Center.  The only acts in the tent were the Foo Fighters, and the techno-electronic thing with deadmau5.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2012, 04:50:16 AM »

oh I thought it was just a really big tent. I didn't see the Foo Fighters set to compare how tent-like each performance backdrop was.

Jimmie_R
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2012, 05:05:58 AM »

Can´t help but being soooooo excited by this! They dress well here.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2012, 05:11:04 AM »

How do you like this ?

THIS IS AWESOME!  Pirate
bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2012, 05:42:15 AM »

Mike is so f*cking creepy this is awesome, lol.  When you watch Mike sing lead, you want to go take a shower afterwards, it's like he just fondled me or something. 

LOL  LOL  LOL

so true.
desmondo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2012, 05:51:10 AM »

Well well well - as someone who was dreading how the BBS would sound -I was pretty encouraged by this - still think the band makes it but if this is a yardstick to judge how the tour will be I will be delighted

Cheers

Richard
jardine (no relation
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2012, 06:27:26 AM »

mentioned this on another thread. i hope the new recording let's them be who they are now, and that they don't use the studio to trick up false vocals and so on to sound as if it is still 1966. i like the fact that in that backstage clip brian mentioned mellow vocals, etc. As someone who seems to be aging myself, I love how old they are, and letting that show--musically, vocally, lyrically--would be a real treat. Again, i'm reminded of mccartney's new disk where he finally sounds his age...lovely
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2012, 07:33:53 AM »

I'm surprised when Brian was asked whether or not he follows modern bands that he didn't answer "OLDIES ONLY".  LOL

(I guess he kind of did when he said he followed Paul McCartney)
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2012, 07:36:46 AM »

I'm surprised when Brian was asked whether or not he follows modern bands that he didn't answer "OLDIES ONLY".  LOL

(I guess he kind of did when he said he followed Paul McCartney)
I was scared that he was going to say Phil Spector. LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
GoodToMyBaby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2012, 08:42:47 AM »

You can really hear Al in the background vocals.

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2012, 08:51:40 AM »

I like the "Mellow Vocals" too, Brian sounds fantastic on the disney album with his mellow vocals. 

Colors of the Wind
Can You Feel The Love Tonight

etc. are beautifully sung. 
Craig Boyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2012, 10:11:33 AM »

You can really hear Al in the background vocals.

You really can! He stands out on the ooh bap bap parts, you can even pick out Brian on those parts clearly in the descending chorus at the end. Those middle harmonies haven't sounded like that for years, it was nice to hear it more raspy!
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2012, 10:36:37 AM »

Loved Brian's red Chuck Taylor's, visible at the start of the Grammy Live backstage insterview clip.  Noticed Dave sporting a Gibson cap on the red carpet

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
KokoNO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2012, 10:46:20 AM »

I'm interested in the new album, like everyone else. But as for the tour, well, it's just kind of lame to see the guys up there and most of the vocals being done by the backing band. It's basically like they're one stage just to wave and smile while a tribute band does their songs (and similar to how I feel when watching any of the Bruce/Mike band videos from recent concerts). Yawn.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx