gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 12:41:16 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Complete BB Grammy video here.  (Read 16410 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2012, 05:27:32 AM »

And you  can hear Brian loud and clear on that!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Melt Away
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2012, 07:00:31 AM »

Holy sh*t, Brian was out of it.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2012, 08:38:36 AM »

Looks totally normal to me. Don't know what you're talking about

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2012, 09:58:32 AM »

Yeah, that's Brian being able to tune out because Mike will do all the talking. Nothing unusual there.

I was pleased to hear (through that audience-recorded video on YouTube) that the Grammy audience was treated to Brian's lead vocal even if the TV mix took him out altogether - he sounded good too.
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2012, 10:25:03 AM »

Yeah, that's Brian being able to tune out because Mike will do all the talking. Nothing unusual there.

I was pleased to hear (through that audience-recorded video on YouTube) that the Grammy audience was treated to Brian's lead vocal even if the TV mix took him out altogether - he sounded good too.

I think I just found the youtube vid you are talking about. He was singing lower than Foskett but sounded great. In fact, the whole thing sounded 100 times better from that crappy phone than what I heard on the mix through the TV. Love hearing Mike's bass bellow through the Staples Center.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2012, 10:30:14 AM »

Bill O'Reilly salutes The Beach Boys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SEZTJDFvpc

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2012, 10:43:06 AM »

And you  can hear Brian loud and clear on that!

HOLY sh*t!  Brian sounded great!  What the hell?  This recording is about 4 times better than the other.  I'll bet everybody in the crowd was thinking "good lord these guys rock!".  Mike sounds absolutely fantastic too. 
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2012, 10:53:35 AM »

If you'd like to see more of how the stage looked and the light show, click here for an audience recorded movie of the performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPs5r2mcoEM

Oh, haha, I found it searching on youtube before I saw your post. Thanks a bunch for the link. They sounded awesome.
lee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 15, 2012, 11:00:37 AM »

If you'd like to see more of how the stage looked and the light show, click here for an audience recorded movie of the performance:

Thanks for posting that. I think Brian sounded really good.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 15, 2012, 11:16:04 AM »

Whoever was running the broadcast sound at the Grammy's needs to be reevaluated for mixing Brian out. He sounded great from the audience footage.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: February 15, 2012, 11:47:08 AM »

Oh, haha, I found it searching on youtube before I saw your post. Thanks a bunch for the link.

You're very welcome !  Wink

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2012, 12:02:49 PM »

Brian is Back! Thumbs Up

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2012, 12:56:39 PM »

Good to hear Brian's actual singing, I agree he sounds very fine and presentable!
Too Much Sugar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2012, 01:49:24 PM »

Thanks for that.  I was mostly pleased with what I saw on TV, but this is so much better.  It rocks harder and you can definitely hear Brian here, who sounds quite good, and actually better than some of his recent performances of the song, where he seems a bit disinterested. 

Definitely a keeper... 
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2012, 01:59:13 PM »

One question is still open to me though: where was the cello ? and who played it ?

- Jack Rieley
Craig Boyd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2012, 02:02:54 PM »

I wondered that myself, could possibly be Scott or Darian on the keys with a cello sound? If you listen to the middle section "I don't know where..." it looks and sounds like Brian is playing the main piano part there!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2012, 02:05:30 PM »

I wondered that myself, could possibly be Scott or Darian on the keys with a cello sound?

I thought the same thing. But the cello sounds too good imo 

- Jack Rieley
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2012, 02:45:15 PM »

Fascinating. Brian isn't mixed out of the live mix at all. In fact, he's the dominant voice!

I'm sure the folks mixing for TV were instructed to fade him out at first, but he really hit it spot on.
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2012, 03:06:19 PM »

Man, that's beautiful. Who could have imagined hearing Good Vibrations with an awesome lead vocal from Brian Wilson immediately followed by Mike Love sounding just like the record in 2012. They both stepped it up here big time.

Can't lie, I'm gettin' emotional over here. This, to me, is as big as if McCartney had sung with Lennon again before he passed. Thanks for posting this version.

Sidenote, I thought that the audience cheering when Brian started singing might've been faked. Glad to see it was legit.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2012, 03:09:57 PM »

Thanks for that.  I was mostly pleased with what I saw on TV, but this is so much better.  It rocks harder and you can definitely hear Brian here, who sounds quite good, and actually better than some of his recent performances of the song, where he seems a bit disinterested. 

Definitely a keeper... 
Brian sounds so good!!! this is a must see for all the doubters.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2012, 03:16:40 PM »

This is blowing me away it sounds so,so good!!

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
The infamous Baldwin Organ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2012, 03:36:23 PM »

This is so much better than the broadcast version! I am even more excited for the tour now!  Smiley
Zach95
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2012, 04:21:19 PM »

Brian sounded great! I want this in the new Live album!

Ain't nothin' upside your head!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2012, 04:38:03 PM »

Man, that's beautiful. Who could have imagined hearing Good Vibrations with an awesome lead vocal from Brian Wilson immediately followed by Mike Love sounding just like the record in 2012. They both stepped it up here big time.

Can't lie, I'm gettin' emotional over here. This, to me, is as big as if McCartney had sung with Lennon again before he passed. Thanks for posting this version.

Sidenote, I thought that the audience cheering when Brian started singing might've been faked. Glad to see it was legit.

I think they started cheering because it sounded remarkably like the original song.  So it's kind of like "OH sh*t" we're in the presence of greatness.  
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2012, 04:40:44 PM »

This is blowing me away it sounds so,so good!!

Yeah, it's really pretty amazingly good.  Also I'm struck, AGAIN, at just how great of a song it is.  When the falsetto kicks in over Mike, it just sounds amazing, then it comes back and sounds even better.  Such a well written, creative song. 
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx