gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680841 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 26, 2024, 06:18:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Which Beach Boy Era Are You Currently Into The Most Now-a-Days? :)  (Read 10873 times)
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2012, 11:51:06 PM »

You're not going to catch a cold, nor HIV...the file's clean!
ok i'll take a chance just cuz it's you guys Smiley
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2012, 09:50:37 AM »

Bless. You're only going to get viruses from insanely dodgy looking sites, and this isn't one - it's someone's personal blog. I've downloaded plenty of stuff of it before with no problems

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2012, 10:51:03 AM »

I've recently become very interested in the Jack Rieley years (Surf's Up to In Concert).  I wonder why he didn't stick around, it seems like he was a really great asset for the group.  They really downgraded their image after he left.

Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2012, 11:03:11 AM »

Bless. You're only going to get viruses from insanely dodgy looking sites, and this isn't one - it's someone's personal blog. I've downloaded plenty of stuff of it before with no problems
that's true i'm just a paranoid person :/..i have a question,how come people on here share interviews but not bb music?
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2012, 11:31:21 AM »

that's true i'm just a paranoid person :/..i have a question,how come people on here share interviews but not bb music?

Because we have rules on that: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,122.0.html

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2012, 12:07:16 PM »

Because we have rules on that: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,122.0.html
SO IT'LL BE IMPOSSILBE TO GET SONGS FROM HERE? :[
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 01:56:06 PM by Newguy562 » Logged
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 20, 2012, 12:37:03 PM »

Yeah I'm into the 1961-2011 era right now

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 20, 2012, 12:45:44 PM »

More about Tosco (the label name):

Hey Ben, how is your sister Eileen?
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 20, 2012, 01:49:49 PM »

Win.

Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 20, 2012, 03:02:39 PM »

I've recently become very interested in the Jack Rieley years (Surf's Up to In Concert).  I wonder why he didn't stick around, it seems like he was a really great asset for the group.  They really downgraded their image after he left.

Hey Rocky - it's a long story but he convinced the band to move Holland (because he wanted to live there) - when the band decided it wasn't their thing, he decided to stay and manage them from Holland - the band quickly told him to go stick his finger in the dyke.

Heroes and Villians by Steve Gaines will give you a pretty good run-down.

Here's a link to some stuff on this site you might be interested in - http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,9651.0.html

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 03:11:19 PM by Alholio71 » Logged

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2012, 03:16:39 PM »

Since ive been listening to BB for 50yrs i mostly listen to live stuff from BB or any of the guys or unreleased stuff.
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2012, 05:00:36 PM »

Half a century later, when I simply have to listen to the Beach Boys, it's still the first 10 albums.  Cars, surf, faling in love, etc. The greatest. After that, it's selective or mood oriented. As in "haven't listened to 20/20 for a while" (which happens to have one of my favorite two or three songs on it - I Can Hear Music).
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2012, 07:01:43 PM »

I thought you figured that out! Just get the records, man. Or listen to them on Spotify, or Grooveshark, or something. Or google them, if you really don't want to buy really cheap cds or something. I mean, damn.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2012, 08:05:37 PM »

Put a condom on your hard drive

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2012, 08:11:19 PM »

^Okay, you got me...THAT is my favorite era Smiley

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2012, 08:57:25 PM »

I thought you figured that out! Just get the records, man. Or listen to them on Spotify, or Grooveshark, or something. Or google them, if you really don't want to buy really cheap cds or something. I mean, damn.
i've been looking for rio grande and i can't find it nowhere i heard it once and was mezmerized :]
Sie W
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 21, 2012, 02:45:42 AM »

Friends is getting a few spins at the moment, also David Foster Is There A Chance is stuck in my head!!!
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 21, 2012, 07:59:29 AM »

Im very surprised by the reaction to the Mike Love //Adrian Baker sessions. There is nothing there .! you will listen to it once + file it away.. Doesnt deserve a box set..You all must be kidding.!
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 21, 2012, 08:32:57 AM »

Really into the 1973 In Concert LP right now. You can tell they were about to have a huge comeback.

The warmth of the overall sound is unique and beautiful, especially on "Surfer Girl". Love how you can hear the bass very clearly throughout the album.
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 21, 2012, 08:52:27 AM »

Currently I'm into the era of the of Brian's greatest creativity, the 1964-67 era (Today!-Smile Sessions). I love all of the 60's and early 70's material, but I just sort of have to be in the mood to listen to the early surf stuff and the later albums that feature far less Brian contributions. I also like listening to all the live albums, especially Live in London for some reason.
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 21, 2012, 11:23:01 AM »

I've recently become very interested in the Jack Rieley years (Surf's Up to In Concert).  I wonder why he didn't stick around, it seems like he was a really great asset for the group.  They really downgraded their image after he left.

Hey Rocky - it's a long story but he convinced the band to move Holland (because he wanted to live there) - when the band decided it wasn't their thing, he decided to stay and manage them from Holland - the band quickly told him to go stick his finger in the dyke.

Heroes and Villians by Steve Gaines will give you a pretty good run-down.

Here's a link to some stuff on this site you might be interested in - http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,9651.0.html

Wow, thank you for that, some great stories in there.  It seems like his involvement was even greater than I thought.  He seems like a really cool guy too.  He should put down that information in a more formal fashion, the best book about the Beach Boys could come from his stories.

Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2012, 04:00:07 PM »

Instead of the Love /Baker sessions try Symphonic Sounds by Bruce Johnston W //guest vocalists..
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2012, 04:20:28 PM »

google is a wonderful invention. try it....  Smiley

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
BananaLouie
Smiley Smile Associate

Columnated ruins domino

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2012, 04:28:41 PM »

I'm currently into the Smiley Smile/Wild Honey era, I really want to hear the Lei'd In Hawaii concert. I can just picture the Boys in their blue striped Pendleton shirts creeping the audience out to Heroes and Villains and Gettin Hungry.  Grin
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 04:51:41 PM by CaliforniaSlide » Logged

"I'm not a genius. I'm just a hard working guy." - Brian Wilson
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2012, 06:51:37 PM »

Instead of the Love /Baker sessions try Symphonic Sounds by Bruce Johnston W //guest vocalists..

No-one should try that album. It has aged me horribly.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx