gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 07:53:43 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Song: So Warm Tonight  (Read 1173 times)
Too Much Sugar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2012, 10:40:22 PM »

So many years ago, when I was in high school, I wrote this little ballad. It wasn't meant as anything particularly serious, but recently, when I unearthed some old demo, I thought it was nice enough, so I decided to tweak certain things a bit, and record it. Everything is me, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Here it is:

So Warm Tonight 

Enjoy!
Manchini
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2012, 12:26:31 AM »

That was fuckin great! I really really like that tune, the whole song has a good flow.
Too Much Sugar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 01:14:06 AM »

That was f*ckin great! I really really like that tune, the whole song has a good flow.

Thank you very much, Manchini!  I recorded it merely as a test, though I might do something with it (maybe), so thought I'd bump this for more feedback. 
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 04:28:54 AM »

It sounds great! Love those changes, it flows so neatly. I wouldn't touch it,  personally (except to maybe bring that piano part in sooner, as it's really cool), but what did you have in mind?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 04:31:21 AM by hypehat » Logged

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 01:23:39 AM »

Really nice. Lovely vocals. But it does seem to repeat itself a lot, no? I'd love to hear some more dynamics in there. The section that starts at 1.06 seems to have the chords carried largely by a 'low-sounding' instrument and I wonder if that were moved up an octave of played on a different instrument it would help to separate the bass from the chords? And in the repeat of this at 2.13 the (really nice) changes in the section come across much better because of the BVs.

I'd suggest some changes to the arrangement so that different sections are articulated more, so that each one sounds like a separate section rather than just the same sound for the whole song.

This is all just my opinion, FWiW, and I think the song and the singing are great!

Edit: OK, I've listened to it a bit more, and I retract the bit about it being repetitive... its a really nice song. I Just tried EQing it a bit here at home, and I don't think I improved it at all. Has a nice Beatles circa 1967 feel to it, even with McCartneyesque touches to the vocals. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 01:50:37 AM by brother john » Logged

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx