gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681101 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 23, 2024, 08:20:22 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50th Anniversary Tour Dates (as they roll out) (*UPDATED, Feb 15th*)  (Read 231195 times)
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 15, 2012, 04:01:00 PM »

Even though it is a long ride for me I am thinking of attending all 3 german Beach Boys shows. And yeah, don't worry uk fellows, I am sure you get the best deal with at least half a dozen concerts and a superb set. I really hope for a Bluray release.

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
CarCrazyCutie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 15, 2012, 04:03:49 PM »

YAY!!!! May 11th can't come soon enough Grin

But my aunt found some site that says the first 40 rows are already sold out (scalpers??) (& the tickets don't officially go on sale til the 27th), anyone know if this is legit?? I'll cry if it is
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 15, 2012, 04:05:54 PM »

And yeah, don't worry uk fellows, I am sure you get the best deal with at least half a dozen concerts and a superb set.

As AGD says, tax issues have stopped them from touring here before. I'm hoping we'll get a few shows, but I'm far from confident...

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 15, 2012, 04:16:37 PM »

Given the grasping nature of our tax officials, I think it's not surprising that no UK dates have been announced - this has been a problem for Mike & Bruce for the last few visits. I also think the tour will be more than 50, but less than 100. There's 48 we know of, three in Japan and surely some Oz gigs.

But it's never stopped Brian.... guess his management is willing to foot the bill.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 15, 2012, 04:24:15 PM »

They _won't_ be coming soon.

Hysterical. LOL
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: February 15, 2012, 04:29:55 PM »

Given the grasping nature of our tax officials, I think it's not surprising that no UK dates have been announced - this has been a problem for Mike & Bruce for the last few visits. I also think the tour will be more than 50, but less than 100. There's 48 we know of, three in Japan and surely some Oz gigs.

But it's never stopped Brian.... guess his management is willing to foot the bill.

From what I can tell, Brian's never made money on the solo tours - they do it as much to keep Brian active as for money. Plus, splitting the money five ways (after the backing band have been paid) - plus a payment to Carl's estate for their share of the name - works out a lot worse than keeping it all.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 15, 2012, 04:33:06 PM »

From what I can tell, Brian's never made money on the solo tours - they do it as much to keep Brian active as for money. Plus, splitting the money five ways (after the backing band have been paid) - plus a payment to Carl's estate for their share of the name - works out a lot worse than keeping it all.

I believe Brian's solo tours have never made money in the U.S. Big distinction there.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #332 on: February 15, 2012, 04:50:35 PM »

Only 1 Southern California date on this tour, but 6 in New York. Boo. I really hate the Hollywood Bowl Venue. I really can't believe there's not an Orange County or San Diego date. I'm not sure what I'm going to do now...
I'm hoping that another date in SD will be announced...I'm not a big fan of Hollywood Bowl...but you can bet I'll be there either way!!!!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 15, 2012, 04:51:44 PM »

I'm considering boycotting being British until the Beach Boys sort out this jolly old mess. Damn it, we used to own this US of A, so strictly speaking America's Band is OUR band and you've no right to a tour announcement in advance of us. So just jolly-well hand back your tickets and take your rightful place in the queue – behind us – chaps.

That's better…
Actually, I am surprised they didn't open in the good ol' British Isles. You guys have always kept the faith and have a great respect for their music.  I can't say the same for the fickle U.S. audience who I still blame for their slide to an Oldies band.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
JohnMill
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 15, 2012, 04:53:01 PM »

I'm considering boycotting being British until the Beach Boys sort out this jolly old mess. Damn it, we used to own this US of A, so strictly speaking America's Band is OUR band and you've no right to a tour announcement in advance of us. So just jolly-well hand back your tickets and take your rightful place in the queue – behind us – chaps.

That's better…
Actually, I am surprised they didn't open in the good ol' British Isles. You guys have always kept the faith and have a great respect for their music.  I can't say the same for the fickle U.S. audience who I still blame for their slide to an Oldies band.

Is that who we are placing the blame on this week?  Much like the Tootsie Roll Pop, one of the great unanswered questions of the universe, just who is responsible for that?

God Bless California
For It Marks My Faith To See
You're The Only State With The Sacred Honor
....to sink into the sea
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 15, 2012, 04:57:47 PM »

That's better…

Whether that's the case or not (and having never been in a US audience I can hardly judge) I do know that at least Bruce is a big anglophile, and I think a couple of the other band members have said they like British audiences. If they don't play here, I doubt it'd be because they don't want to, but just because they wouldn't make enough money from it. Which is a real shame (not least for me - I have quite a phobia of travel...)

southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 15, 2012, 05:12:04 PM »

Not to go all things corporate here, but I believe it will actually be splitting the $ FOUR ways---Brian, Mike, Al and Carl's estate being the only members of BRI.  Bruce and David would receive payments of unkown amounts, then the band members.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
bridencar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 15, 2012, 05:17:11 PM »

But my aunt found some site that says the first 40 rows are already sold out (scalpers??) (& the tickets don't officially go on sale til the 27th), anyone know if this is legit?? I'll cry if it is
The Benedum holds some tickets for members and offers the seats to them first..Fortunately i am a member! Don't know if this is the reason though.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 15, 2012, 05:28:27 PM »

That's better…

Is that who we are placing the blame on this week?  Much like the Tootsie Roll Pop, one of the great unanswered questions of the universe, just who is responsible for that?
I lived through the Endless Summer and Spirit Of America album era and attended quite a few concerts, as well. Those audiences could get down right rude when the band tried to play new music. 1974 seemed to be the tipping year. I saw them three times from early 72 through mid-73 and audiences were much more receptive to the new music, but that all ended by 1974. So, the U.S. audience gets my vote.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
CarCrazyCutie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 15, 2012, 05:36:09 PM »

The Benedum holds some tickets for members and offers the seats to them first..Fortunately i am a member! Don't know if this is the reason though.

I've bought tickets from the Cultural Trust before (so I have an account with them), but (and this may sound really stupid) can I become a member? If so, how? I'd sell almost everything I own for good seats to this concert!
LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 15, 2012, 05:40:17 PM »

That's better…

Is that who we are placing the blame on this week?  Much like the Tootsie Roll Pop, one of the great unanswered questions of the universe, just who is responsible for that?

Just look at album charts:

Today
US 4, UK 6

Summer Days
US 2, UK 4

Party
US 6, UK 3

Pet Sounds
US 10, UK 2

Smiley
US 41, UK 9

Wild Honey
US 24, UK 7

Friends
US 123, UK 13

20/20
US 68, UK 3

Sunflower
US 151, UK 29

Surf's Up
US 29, UK 15

CATP
US 50, UK 25

Holland
US 36, UK 20
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 15, 2012, 05:49:14 PM »

This was meant to be a day of celebration but I'm feeling bummed out

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Bud Shaver
Smiley Smile Associate

Let Us Go On This Way

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 15, 2012, 07:20:53 PM »

They are playing two miles from my house, holy crap!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 15, 2012, 08:58:01 PM »

Has the full backing band been officically announced yet?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 15, 2012, 11:40:33 PM »

So who's excited?

This guy, right over here.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: February 15, 2012, 11:43:14 PM »

you know what guys?

I'm really excited

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 15, 2012, 11:43:30 PM »

No wait,
Make that super excited

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: February 15, 2012, 11:57:37 PM »

Only 1 Southern California date on this tour, but 6 in New York. Boo. I really hate the Hollywood Bowl Venue. I really can't believe there's not an Orange County or San Diego date. I'm not sure what I'm going to do now...
I'm hoping that another date in SD will be announced...I'm not a big fan of Hollywood Bowl...but you can bet I'll be there either way!!!!

When'd you move to South Dakota ?

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
CarlTheVoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 16, 2012, 12:24:00 AM »

I went to both the BB and Brian gigs in the UK last year so if they could both afford it then why can't they now? How ridiculous if it is for tax reasons, surely they will make enough money out of the tour for this to be covered? Massively disappointed by this as, like others, I was so excited about this.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #349 on: February 16, 2012, 12:25:52 AM »

The BB cut a deal with Mr. Taxman to appear at Epsom last year: I understand the original plan was for at least two more English shows.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 ... 47 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx