gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680720 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 06:13:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sign the petition to include Blondie and Ricky in the 2012 Reunion!  (Read 37108 times)
b00ts
Smiley Smile Associate

Greldont

View Profile WWW
« on: December 17, 2011, 01:21:04 PM »

I made a petition asking BRI include Blondie and Ricky to some extent in the 2012 reunion. I know many of you will scoff at this, but it only takes a minute of your time to sign a petition. If you love and/or respect Blondie and Ricky's work with the Boys, don't be a lazy asshole. Just sign it.

In a best-case scenario, it could show BRI that a large number of fans want to see these full-fledged members in the reunion. In a worst-case scenario, it will at least show Blondie and Ricky how much we value them as Beach Boys, even if BRI does not.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/blondieandricky/

- B00ts
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 01:25:15 PM »

I initially read this as "Rocky". Yeah.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 01:27:22 PM »

b00ts, did you even sign the petition? I seem to be the only signature on there so far.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 01:31:38 PM »

I did sign.
But be aware that in case this should work out in any way, it has to go to Bros. records soon enough to get in contact with Blondie and Ricky

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 01:48:38 PM »

I signed it! Now where is the petition to NOT include Stamos?

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
stack-o-tracks
Smiley Smile Associate

The baker man

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 03:54:34 PM »

I signed it! Now where is the petition to NOT include Stamos?

I'd sign that one.  Cool Guy

No mas, por favor.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 03:55:52 PM »

I made a petition asking BRI include Blondie and Ricky to some extent in the 2012 reunion. I know many of you will scoff at this, but it only takes a minute of your time to sign a petition. If you love and/or respect Blondie and Ricky's work with the Boys, don't be a lazy asshole. Just sign it.

In a best-case scenario, it could show BRI that a large number of fans want to see these full-fledged members in the reunion. In a worst-case scenario, it will at least show Blondie and Ricky how much we value them as Beach Boys, even if BRI does not.

On the other hand, if only a handful of people sign( say, less than 5000), it will send a message that not enough people really care whether they're involved.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
OneEar/OneEye
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 04:00:02 PM »

I'd like Rocky to be involved.  Flying high now.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 04:17:39 PM »

I just signed it and had the girlfriend sign it.   Now I'm going to go encourage a couple of other fellow Beach Boys fans to sign it.

Good one, b00ts!

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 04:22:54 PM »

I just signed it and had the girlfriend sign it.   Now I'm going to go encourage a couple of other fellow Beach Boys fans to sign it.

Good one, b00ts!

Let me know when it gets close tp 5000 and I'll sign it

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 04:36:50 PM »

You're worse than Phil Cohen, Bgas.   Absolutely the number one poster with a negative attitude on this board.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 04:39:26 PM »

Signed it!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
b00ts
Smiley Smile Associate

Greldont

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 05:53:25 PM »

b00ts, did you even sign the petition? I seem to be the only signature on there so far.
For some reason, the first time didn't go through. Second time did.

- B00ts
b00ts
Smiley Smile Associate

Greldont

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 05:54:44 PM »

On the other hand, if only a handful of people sign( say, less than 5000), it will send a message that not enough people really care whether they're involved.
Great, insightful, salient point. That would be far worse than the way things are right now. Let's all sign a petition disavowing this petition!

- B00ts
The Madcap
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 06:12:57 PM »

I'd sign a petition for Rocky Pamplin to get kicked in the nuts.

A broken man too tough to cry
MBE
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 06:20:19 PM »

I'm in.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 06:52:54 PM »

Add one more to the list B00ts

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 08:26:40 PM »

Signed

How do you check that it goes through ?

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
Slow In Brain
Smiley Smile Associate

Rainbow Eyes

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 09:10:51 PM »

No worries I saw an email come through.
By the way weren't Ricky and Blondie in the BBs longer than Dave ?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 09:25:28 PM by Slow In Brain » Logged

"When the time comes an American can't tell the truth because the Government doesn't, that's the time to give the country back to the Indians, if they'll have it." - Sam Holland

"What draws us all closer and makes us all care. Is not what we have, but the things that we share." - Jill Wolf
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2011, 12:40:29 AM »

Signed. Though it seems only fair that if Carl's Brother Records protoges are included, Mike's should be also. I'm starting a petition for the Pickle Brothers...

“We live in divisive times.”
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2011, 03:04:13 AM »

Done !

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2011, 03:54:30 AM »

I signed of course, Blondie and Ricky rule!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfDKow9kcpU

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2011, 07:22:32 AM »

Signed. Though it seems only fair that if Carl's Brother Records protoges are included, Mike's should be also. I'm starting a petition for the Pickle Brothers...

The PB's from the Spring 1967 tour....You are funny!  Wink

Kidding aside, this is starting to look like the "tail wagging the dog..."

The Boys will decide who plays or doesn't, based on their performance, experience and ability to create a "workable" and not unwieldy ensemble.   A lot of people sounded brilliant on Sail on Sailor, particularly Carl. I have seen  Brian do the lead with great audience reception, and I like Billy Hinsche on lead, with the band for about 25 years, and hope he makes the cut, both with his film background, academically (as well as musically in the academic context) and for the Carl and Dennis historian aspect.  (When I saw Blondie with the Stones I jumped out of my seat - delighted that old Mick had such good taste, as to hire a Beach Boys vocalist.)

If I were asked (and I wasn't ) and stepped back looking at each of the bands, all of whom I have seen, live, I might look for Nelson Bragg,  to supplement John Cowsill on percussion (who was on the Do It Again clip) especially for the SMiLE and Pet Sounds stuff. I like Richie Cannata, Ed Carter and Matt Jardine, Randell, Scott, Tim and Christian (for the absolute and unmistakable Wilson vocal similarity and the way it just 'harmonically Beach Boys "blends" with the rest of the Boys) as a back-line, because most of them played in the Carl  led-era, and, now play with the Touring Band, who have probably played at least 1,500 shows, and under the BRI banner of playing in the "Beach Boys style."   

And, (while I put on my flak jacket,) at least a cameo with John Stamos who brings a younger generation market share and who has kept Dennis' memory out there in the live context, and only in the most positive of contexts, and his presence sells tickets.  Period.  The young people he brings in, add to the show, enthusiasm of in a multi-generational context, and we DO want the music to live on, don't we? These kids born since Dennis' passing have no idea who Dennis Wilson was until Stamos gives them a history lesson.  A "negative"  poll to keep him out?  This is not presidential politics.  I want my kids, their friends, and their generation to want to go to a show like this.  "Uncle Jesse" opens the door. Even a Yahoo news article posed that question.       

Maybe a "cameo" of some of these other great and former Band members who, given the 50th Anniversary focus on the core members (where the emphasis really belongs) (Brian, Mike, Al, Bruce and David) (Dennis and Carl, in mind, of course) and less on the others,  who are part of the "BB story," except in a "support context."  Frankly, there is only so much room on the front of the stage.  It would be the size of a football field.   

How many people played with them, over time, and where do you draw the line?  It has to be reasonable.  Do people expect every mini orchestra and the cheerleaders, tripping over palm-like vegetation, surf boards?   Take a poll and vote them in?  Pa-leeze!

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2011, 07:56:00 AM »

Fillthepage, did you sign the damn petition?  Smiley

filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2011, 08:21:23 AM »

Fillthepage, did you sign the damn petition?  Smiley
[/quote

Mikey - Is a petition of any consequence?  I doubt it.

And, I did look at it.  What I noticed that it was full of "pen names" and not actual names. 

It is not credible, in my opinion. Any single person could go to any number of places and show a different IP address as if they were multiple signatures.   I like the "one-person, one-vote" rule, not "vote early and often."   

If someone wanted to write a letter, sign it, with a contact phone number, to authenticate it, that is one thing.  Internet polling is notoriously unreliable without built-in controls.   

Mickey Mouse could have signed it.  So could I. 

Do I like Ricky and Blondie?  Ya. That does not matter.   Wink

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx