-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:19:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  What is this really?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What is this really?  (Read 20406 times)
Beckner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2006, 05:15:43 PM »

Threads get locked after a question. Foda lame.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 05:32:57 PM »

Beckn...uh...I mean... "Foda"...I locked the thread about Ian because the question was already answered, and the last thing I wanted was for anything unnecessary to get started. Also, it should've been here in the Sandbox, as it was not an on-topic Beach Boys related post.

Besides, Ian is still here under another name, so it was irrelevant.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Beckner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2006, 06:31:48 PM »

I'm sorry but it's that sort of policing that bugs the crap outta me. Nothing was getting started and really now, aren't we welcome? I never actively quit but even those that did are welcome back, at Chuck's word.

I still read and stop by but my work is elsewhere.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2006, 06:56:34 PM »

Nobody said anyone wasn't welcome. Like I said, Ian's already back. The thread is irrelevant, because HE IS STILL HERE. The question was answered, the point was made, so what use does it serve now?

Nothing was getting started and really now, aren't we welcome
I didn't say you or anyone else was starting anything; I just wanted to avoid what is happening right now in this thread,which is why *I* locked it. I'm not going to lock this, because there still seems to be a misunderstanding.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Beckner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 10:32:53 PM »

Maybe I just don't agree with the unnecessary locking of threads. If people ask in earnest where any of the "expatriates" went and why, they deserve a brief explanation. None of this "asking questions is bad so I'm gonna sweep this under the rug."

To be absolutely clear and this has been stated at the Shop previous, I'm a moderate on the situation. I felt like if I quit here all together that would have been a sick bandwagon move so I have revived my classic "troll" character.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 10:57:17 PM »

Maybe I just don't agree with the unnecessary locking of threads. If people ask in earnest where any of the "expatriates" went and why, they deserve a brief explanation. None of this "asking questions is bad so I'm gonna sweep this under the rug."

That wasn't my intention, and I apologize if you took it as such. Hell, I went ahead and unlocked it. However, I am stating right now that it will be locked if it turns into a flame war.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2006, 10:59:18 PM by Billy C » Logged

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2006, 01:39:14 AM »

However, I am stating right now that it will be locked if it turns into a flame war.

Haha! Talk about the smouldering embers after a brushfire.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2006, 02:45:49 AM »

I did state anyone who left was welcome back.

Anyone, ANYONE, posting messages that, by design, inflame instead of inspire, antagonize instead of assist, will find they've done so on the wrong BB message board.  Male Ego might be more appropriate.  The three moderators running this board need not tolerate any WB channel style foolishness.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 05:00:35 AM by Charles LePage » Logged

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2006, 03:49:32 AM »

Asking questions isn't bad.  If anyone has a question about where so and so is, they can be directed to the thread in this forum that explains why people felt the need to leave.  The difficult part will be getting those who left to explain why, after all that, they feel the need to come back.   LOL

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2006, 07:52:51 AM »

I've been pm'd by at least one person attempting to make contact after the fiasco.  Now I know his new name. 

Anyone else wanting  to share his/her new name with me,  please pm.

I don't mind hopping around to the different BB sites to touch bases with people, I'd just like to know who they are now.... Huh Roll Eyes

and in many ways it has been good to get out of the rut and go back to revisit those other sites......
and visit with some old friends.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2006, 12:39:38 PM »

Asking questions isn't bad.  If anyone has a question about where so and so is, they can be directed to the thread in this forum that explains why people felt the need to leave.  The difficult part will be getting those who left to explain why, after all that, they feel the need to come back.   LOL

Don't think you want the answer to that.

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2006, 12:54:49 PM »

The difficult part will be getting those who left to explain why, after all that, they feel the need to come back.   LOL

I'd be curious to know why someone like yourself, Ian, who left based on such high principles, has decided to return.  Grass not as green on the other side as expected?  The announced collapse of this board and site never happened? 

Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2006, 01:13:30 PM »

Yeah, I knew they'd all come tippy-toeing back, even after all the grandstanding we had to endure.

This place is too loveable to leave for good.  Evil

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2006, 01:28:28 PM »

Well, to be fair, some left because someone else left and told them to leave too.  Anyone fitting in that category probably would come back at some point.

Some left because they were never happy here and wished the board and site didn't exist at all.  Someone like that you wouldn't expect back. 

Honestly, though, out of pride or other reasons, someone coming back isn't necessarily going to be willing or able to explain their actions.  As long as the useless drama that left does not return, there isn't an issue.

Beckner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2006, 01:47:18 PM »

Well to be fair, if anyone is confused about yours truly, I only went into hiding. The whole thing gave me a wah- wah.
Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2006, 03:43:39 PM »

We love you Foda.  That's all that really matters.

b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2006, 04:26:59 PM »

Well to be fair, if anyone is confused about yours truly, I only went into hiding. The whole thing gave me a wah- wah.

Wah-wah
You made me such a big star
Being there at the right time
Cheaper than a dime
Wah-wah,
you've given me your wah-wah
Beckner
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2006, 04:33:04 PM »

That's what I was getting at.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2006, 05:07:46 PM »

The difficult part will be getting those who left to explain why, after all that, they feel the need to come back.   LOL

I'd be curious to know why someone like yourself, Ian, who left based on such high principles, has decided to return.  Grass not as green on the other side as expected?  The announced collapse of this board and site never happened? 

I returned to laugh a bit, then leave again I guess. Just a visitor. Don't recall anyone announcing any collapse of anything. The community that WAS this board DID collapse and a new one formed. That's great, no problem with that at all. The grass is wherever you tread. Same grass, different paths is all there is to it.
No matter what anyone will admit, Andrew, Jon, Chance, Jeff, Laurie, Chris D, me, Maybelline, Jason et al were the cornerstones of the daily activity of ONE element of this board. The non_bb element. That's gone now. And that's fine, it just moved somewhere else.
Who cares anyway? The only thing that's important is caring about people and reflecting God's love in our treatment of others. This is all little stuff here. Not worthy of the drama whatsoever. it's not that important.If that sounds like a pot-kettle-black, I am sure it is.
Peace to all, and to whoever I offended in anything, forgiveness is all I ask. Never meant any harm.

b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2006, 05:18:42 PM »

Confusion now hath made his masterpiece!
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2006, 05:19:42 PM »

Confusion now hath made his masterpiece!

Oh, enlighten me, chickie.

b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2006, 05:22:33 PM »

Uh...I think Shakespeare said that...chickie?
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2006, 05:23:22 PM »

Yeah, right on-eth.

Chairman Of The Board

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2006, 05:24:38 PM »

That was well written, Ian.

Don't recall anyone announcing any collapse of anything.

Good, good riddance to the whole fucking thing, Jon and John wanted to shut it down to begin with, they were right the first time. I barely post anymore, but I do like many of the people here, Laurie and Ian among them, and consider this community one I'm a part of. (Even if I take a breather for a week or 9) This is a total outrage, RIP Smiley, die at your own stupid hand.  -- Costly Bow

Of course, it's understandable you might not remember that, since it was in a thread that was deleted.

I understand wanting to know what went down, and wanting to understand fully before pulling the trigger. Its a tough row to hoe as it were because Chuck is going to do whatever he can to prevent folks from knowing what happened, deleting threads and all that, and it comes down to basically his word against ours. -- Jon Hunt

That was in the same thread.

I appreciate your words.  I sincerely hope they turn out to be sincere.

Peace to all, and to whoever I offended in anything, forgiveness is all I ask. Never meant any harm.

I have already forgiven anyone who said or tried to convince others that I harassed or sexually harassed anyone.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 05:26:10 PM by Charles LePage » Logged

I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2006, 05:30:34 PM »

AH, I see. Did not remember those posts. I stand corrected.
But, as the so-called "ringleader" of the exodus, I never remotely expected any sort of collapse of anything, not did I wish it. Just had a disagreement of principles and action that I could not overlook. But all things must pass, and I am happy to remain a welcome visitor, every once in a while.
And I think it has turned out well for both boards, overall. Less drama = good thing.
Good luck with everything, fine job by you and others keeping it rockin'.
Peace.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: