gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:04:45 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SMiLE: Bring It On, Fanmixers.  (Read 48026 times)
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: April 07, 2014, 08:27:24 AM »

I'll never understand why it is so quickly disregarded by so many fans on this board, BWPS notwithstanding.

It's not in Brian's handwriting, Brian claimed to have never seen it before, it's been said to just be a list of songs rather than a tracklist, it lists "Great Shape" as its own track for some odd reason, the playing order makes little sense and, to me, does not "work" at all in that order, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 08:32:01 AM by runnersdialzero » Logged

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 07, 2014, 04:49:07 PM »

I still wish The Smile Sessions Companion was a thing. Sad

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
Summertime Blooz
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 07, 2014, 04:50:53 PM »

I'll never understand why it is so quickly disregarded by so many fans on this board, BWPS notwithstanding.

It's not in Brian's handwriting, Brian claimed to have never seen it before, it's been said to just be a list of songs rather than a tracklist, it lists "Great Shape" as its own track for some odd reason, the playing order makes little sense and, to me, does not "work" at all in that order, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.
   Seems like we've been down this path before/ Cheesy Of course, we don't really know what form IIGS would have have taken, but we do at least have a recording of BW demo-ing it for someone followed by Barnyard. Would a track named IIGS, as it was at one time considered, ultimately include Barnyard? Maybe. Would such a concoction constitute a complete track? Maybe. I think one thing we'll agree on is that whether the list "works" or not, that is completely subjective.

Please visit 'The American(a) Trip Slideshow' where you can watch the videos and listen to fan mixes of all the Smile songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doOws3284PQ&list=PLptIp1kEl6BWNpXyJ_mb20W4ZqJ14-Hgg
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 07, 2014, 04:58:02 PM »

Seems like we've been down this path before/ Cheesy Of course, we don't really know what form IIGS would have have taken, but we do at least have a recording of BW demo-ing it for someone followed by Barnyard. Would a track named IIGS, as it was at one time considered, ultimately include Barnyard? Maybe. Would such a concoction constitute a complete track? Maybe. I think one thing we'll agree on is that whether the list "works" or not, that is completely subjective.

Aw man, I'm sorry for being a repetitive ASS. Sad

(Please don't mistake that as sarcasm.)

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 07, 2014, 04:59:15 PM »

I think he's saying it's disrgarded by fans because it's merely a list - not even written by Brian - of songs that he'd been working on during that time period and isn't really a track list of any sort. Hence the infamous "see label for correct playing order." If Brian had written the list, I imagine it might be used more often. As it is, it's just something someone scribbled out to get the covers printed.

Also, I think it really stacks the front side and then causes the second side to trail off a bit. How is anything supposed to follow the run of "Heroes and Villains," "Surf's Up," "Good Vibrations," and "Cabin Essence"?
shangaijoeBB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 25, 2014, 07:31:12 AM »

He's my latest iteration..using Pet Sounds as a template, I closed side A with the previous single and both sides opens with the newest singles. 12 tracks, featuring 3 ''movements'' and an intermission (GV). Of course, all in glorious mono! Cool Guy

Side A (19:30)

(Prayer) (SS mix)
1. Heroes and Villians (MIC pt 1 cantina mix)
2. Do You Like Worms (SS mix with original fade added)
3. Im' In Great Shape (soniclovenoize's mix: Barnyard/GS/I wanna be around/Friday night)
4. The Old Master Painter (OMP/Sunshine/Barnshire re-record)
5. Cabin Essence (SS mix)
6. Good Vibrations (Smiley Smile Japan remaster)

Side B (18:10 or 19:20 with ''You're Welcome'' at the end)

7. Vega-Tables (SS mix)
8. Wind Chimes (GV box mix)
9. The Elements (Fire w/effect BW mono mix/Dada GV box mix-no fire intro and no water chant)
10. Wonderful (SS mix with fade at the bass line)
11. Child Is Father Of The Man (SS mix restored to 3 min backing track original BW edit)
12. Surf's Up (SS mix)
(You're Welcome) (SS mix)
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx