gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680810 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 10:30:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: All My Friends (original songs)  (Read 2023 times)
Lookit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2011, 06:34:12 AM »

Hi folks, been lurking for a while, only recently joined up. I made some records a couple years back, and I thought you might like them. They're available to listen to here:

http://allmyfriendsmusic.bandcamp.com/

There's more than a little BW influence in there, since that's who got me into recording. Have a listen, and if you feel so inclined, give me my first sale! angel

I talked your folks out of making you cut off your head.
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 12:26:02 PM »

Hi folks, been lurking for a while, only recently joined up. I made some records a couple years back, and I thought you might like them. They're available to listen to here:

http://allmyfriendsmusic.bandcamp.com/

There's more than a little BW influence in there, since that's who got me into recording. Have a listen, and if you feel so inclined, give me my first sale! angel

Hey, great to see you here!  I highly recommend checking these guys out.  I used to "follow" them on myspace, back when people used to visit myspace.  There were a lot of good bands I was able to keep track of all at one time, but one by one they slowed or quit updating myspace.  Its a shame.  The site sucks but it provided great utility for discovering new music.  And I dislike Facebook even more.

Didn't you guys do a cover of a Margo Guryan song?  I was never able to find a download for it anywhere.

mps

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 12:30:57 PM »

Think of Rain, you guys covered Margo's Think of Rain!  If I recall correctly, it was a really good cover as well.  Thought it was "note for note-ish" it brought a different shade of mood/atmosphere than the original.  I'd love to hear it again  (wink, wink, nod, nod).  Smiley

Lookit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 02:08:38 AM »

Wow, thank you! Sure I will send it to you: I will have to look it out, I'm sure I have it somewhere. I had a bit of a disaster with all my data at some point, so even pulling together the songs to put up on itunes/bandcamp took a bit of doing.

It was a little note for note, but that's because I lost my bottle a little...I was talking to Margo herself quite a bit, and I didn't want to screw it up when I knew she would hear it...pressure! Smiley

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 06:41:47 PM »

Wow, thank you! Sure I will send it to you: I will have to look it out, I'm sure I have it somewhere. I had a bit of a disaster with all my data at some point, so even pulling together the songs to put up on itunes/bandcamp took a bit of doing.

It was a little note for note, but that's because I lost my bottle a little...I was talking to Margo herself quite a bit, and I didn't want to screw it up when I knew she would hear it...pressure! Smiley

It was a great cover, not-for-note or not...and the mood it cast was a nice addition.  I hope you find it, because I'd really like to hear it again.

Welcome to the board, if you are new here.  If not, thanks for posting your music.  I'll have to check out the newer stuff.  Somewhere below I've posted a song or two, have a listen if you like.

hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 01:35:05 AM »

This is a bit of alright! You recording anything nowadays? I imagine the band didn't work out, which is a shame

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Lookit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 06:24:28 AM »

This is a bit of alright! You recording anything nowadays? I imagine the band didn't work out, which is a shame

Thank you kindly!

Not quite yet...I have songs in various states of ready-to-go-ness, but there's real-life stuff to do first...one of those things is having recording gear again. It'll happen, though, and I'm confident it'll be better music too.

Any road, thank you for taking a listen Smiley

*Edit* PS: All up on itunes now: album and ep together Smiley
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 06:55:01 AM by Lookit » Logged

kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2011, 08:24:02 AM »

Those sure are some great songs! Like Mypetsounds I also used to follow you guys on MySpace,... this must be quite a few years ago by now. I hope you'll eventually get to record some new stuff and introduce us to it.  Smiley

It's always so refreshing to hear some original music on here instead of the covers of Beach Boys songs that make up the majority of the posts....

Lookit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 02:44:06 AM »

Likewise, Kwan! Very nice music Smiley

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx