gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680752 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 01:41:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: TSS - All things Holidays  (Read 65557 times)
}{eywood
Smiley Smile Associate

That's OK. I'll fix it in post.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: July 07, 2021, 04:04:14 AM »

One example of repeating melodies is Cabinessence's doing doings and Wonderful. Or those three phrase-ending notes he'd been using since Pet Sounds in GV's "ha-a-ir", WC's "chi-i-imes", CITFOTM "ma-a-an" and CE "ra-a-ange".
These all worked like a charm, but didn't stop from being a limitation

my son calls this the Pet Sounds Tic, and it has made Pet Sounds unlistenable to me for years.  It's in every song!

Maybe we should all accept that, by abandoning SMiLE, Brian made another genius move by creating the first do-it-yourself modular album.  This wasn't attempted again until the 90s by Todd Rundgren, and then Nine Inch Nails.  He basically said "Here's the stems.  Make it yourself.  There is no right or wrong way"

We likes you, Brian Wilson.  We likes you, Dennis Wilson.  We likes you, Carl Wilson.  We likes you, Al Jardine.  Hell we even likes you, Al Jarreau.  But f*** you, Mike Love.  f*** you, Mike Love

Having a hard time finding the MQR Ear to Ear Expansion lossless?  Look here: https://mega.nz/folder/rpwyxYRS#QOUzKBal0pwye0hqS5zDpQ
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx