gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
609887 Posts in 24652 Topics by 3514 Members - Latest Member: FredGroman June 27, 2017, 10:44:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beatles  (Read 10685 times)
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 15, 2017, 11:22:04 AM »

Usually with the survivor pool, songs don't so much get voted out because they're not liked, it's just that the other songs are stronger.  Especially with these mid 60s Beatles releases. 

With the Beatles songs, picking the ones I really like or don't care for can't always be explained properly. I was around when these songs came out and remember in many cases what was taking place at the time.
For example, I really like "I've Just Seen a Face" from the Help! album. Not so much for the quality of the song but rather the "good vibe" that I associate with it. It was a hard decision to vote it out.

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"Someone...handed me a Leadbelly record with the song "Cottonfields" on it. And that record changed my life right then and there. Transported me into a world I'd never known." - Bob Dylan, Nobel Prize Speech.
KDS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 15, 2017, 11:51:22 AM »

Usually with the survivor pool, songs don't so much get voted out because they're not liked, it's just that the other songs are stronger.  Especially with these mid 60s Beatles releases. 

With the Beatles songs, picking the ones I really like or don't care for can't always be explained properly. I was around when these songs came out and remember in many cases what was taking place at the time.
For example, I really like "I've Just Seen a Face" from the Help! album. Not so much for the quality of the song but rather the "good vibe" that I associate with it. It was a hard decision to vote it out.

I feel the same way about It's Only Love, pretty simple song, and not some of Lennon's better lyrics, but I like the feel.  I can't believe it was one of the first to go.

Any opinions posted by me regarding the music of The Beach Boys, and their members, is in no way a show of disrespect towards any member of The Beach Boys, past or present.
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 15, 2017, 05:00:22 PM »

I feel the same way about It's Only Love, pretty simple song, and not some of Lennon's better lyrics, but I like the feel.  I can't believe it was one of the first to go.

I know Lennon disliked the song, but I love it too. It's so fun to sing!
KDS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2017, 08:17:10 PM »

I know Lennon disliked the song, but I love it too. It's so fun to sing!

John was often unkind about the songs from the early Beatles years.  I wonder if he would've softened on that stance had he lived beyond 40.

Any opinions posted by me regarding the music of The Beach Boys, and their members, is in no way a show of disrespect towards any member of The Beach Boys, past or present.
Summer_Days
Smiley Smile Associate

...and your dream comes true.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: April 07, 2017, 04:02:05 PM »

My heart wants to give every original Beatles album 5 stars out of 5. My head wants The lowest rating to be 4 stars. No other band means more to me..... except The Beach Boys.

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older, then we wouldn't have to wait so long
And wouldn't it be nice to live together, in the kind of world where we belong?
http://wildsmiley.weebly.com
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx