-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:03:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Hey, guys, you're not going to believe this!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hey, guys, you're not going to believe this!  (Read 6512 times)
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2011, 01:19:22 AM »

AGD knows stuff you don't, and he's going to obliquely hint at every 3 or 4 posts in a topic. Seriously, AGD has ruined this board. Let people speculate without entering the discussion like an overbearing parent! It's why I don't even bother posting here. You can't speculate on Smile without grand old AGD telling you that you're wrong, but at the same time not telling why you're wrong.

Why did they ban Ghost and not this guy?
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 01:45:33 AM »

Cool Guy

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 01:49:37 AM »

inb4 lock/delete

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 01:50:00 AM »

AGD knows stuff you don't, and he's going to obliquely hint at every 3 or 4 posts in a topic. Seriously, AGD has ruined this board. Let people speculate without entering the discussion like an overbearing parent! It's why I don't even bother posting here. You can't speculate on Smile without grand old AGD telling you that you're wrong, but at the same time not telling why you're wrong.

Confirming that the HH demo vocals have been flown in is being oblique ?  Saying there aren't any extra vocals on the TDM part of "Cabin Essence" is being oblique ?

As for not posting here... a count closing on 900 says you're mistaken.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 02:00:20 AM »

As much as I hate AGD I also love him. He is what he is, a cheesy old man. My grandfather, every year for christmas, would always give me an empty box as a "gift" and get a big kick out of it. And each year I would just smile and let him think his joke was still funny.  Grin Keep on keeping on AGD, you magnificent bastard. But just look at what you're doing to the poor souls here (loving every minute of it I bet)

Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 02:58:04 AM »

Confirming that the HH demo vocals have been flown in is being oblique ?  Saying there aren't any extra vocals on the TDM part of "Cabin Essence" is being oblique ?

We have a lot of sources for the "Barnyard" bit, and our own ears can tell us if there are extra vocals of the "Cabin Essence" vinyl release. It's just disappointing that you helped chase out people like Bill Tobelman (it wasn't all your fault, others got just as childish - including Bill after he was provoked enough). His Zen theory was a huge part of the early internet Smile folklore. Yeah, he was a little repetitive, but it was harmless and he was at times very interesting. Certainly a different perspective, and perhaps closer to Brian's perspective than you'd like to think. You think Bill looks into things too much? Brian freaks out about paintings of himself and counts the flowers in the background to see if they have numerological significance!
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 03:03:32 AM »

Confirming that the HH demo vocals have been flown in is being oblique ?  Saying there aren't any extra vocals on the TDM part of "Cabin Essence" is being oblique ?

We have a lot of sources for the "Barnyard" bit, and our own ears can tell us if there are extra vocals of the "Cabin Essence" vinyl release. It's just disappointing that you helped chase out people like Bill Tobelman (it wasn't all your fault, others got just as childish - including Bill after he was provoked enough). His Zen theory was a huge part of the early internet Smile folklore. Yeah, he was a little repetitive, but it was harmless and he was at times very interesting. Certainly a different perspective, and perhaps closer to Brian's perspective than you'd like to think. You think Bill looks into things too much? Brian freaks out about paintings of himself and counts the flowers in the background to see if they have numerological significance!

Bill is my number one favorite smile fanatic. Did he seriously stop posting here? That really sucks.

SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 03:12:00 AM »

AGD's cool, he's like a walking Beach Boys encyclopedia which is what I like about him so much.  Grin Ghost on the other hand was an interesting character at first but he started to write a lot of crap as well and almost every topic it seemed was becoming about him.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 03:14:48 AM by MaccaBeatles » Logged
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 03:43:38 AM »

Bill is my number one favorite smile fanatic. Did he seriously stop posting here? That really sucks.

Nah, Bill is still here (pre-crash, that is).

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 03:47:05 AM »

ghost was banned because he disregarded the warnings of a couple Mods. Do that on any other board and same thing would happen, only sooner. ghost was his own worst enemy. Nobody asked him to stop posting, just to tone it down a bit.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 07:05:16 AM »

^

And why waste time on negativity when the bloody board is finally back up [/i]
 Smiley
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 07:52:50 AM by Billy C » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Mooger Fooger
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 07:13:12 AM »

AGD knows his stuff. I mean he really KNOWS his stuff. Being in a similar situation with an area of expertise I have which is called into question by ignorant half-wits more often than I'd like, I can completely understand his apparent arrogance. If you are wrong and you get corrected: get over it.

Now hows about we discuss the saxaphone solo on the WH version of SU???
letsmakeit31
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 07:17:35 AM »

Personally I've always liked AGD. It was his book the complete guide, that opened up how much deeper the music of The Beach Boys truly is plus I love to try and answer any questions before AGD does lol but only was successful once when answering a question on a mix of Long Promised Road and where is come from (it was from the 5.1 mix on EH dvd) I always learning lots more from all of you including AGD. As in life we may not all agree with one another but its always good to see things from another point of view. So unless any one person is being abusive then let's carry on putting our views and thoughts on Beach Boys music and have fun agreeing or disagreeing while Smiley ing lol
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 07:21:53 AM »

As in life we may not all agree with one another but its always good to see things from another point of view. So unless any one person is being abusive then let's carry on putting our views and thoughts on Beach Boys music and have fun agreeing or disagreeing while Smiley ing lol

Absolutely. And to add to that, I mostly try to build bridges with people I've had spats with. Just makes for a nicer place to be without having to avoid other posters.

But then the world would be a more interesting place if everyone was like me.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2011, 07:31:02 AM »

AGD is awesome with all the infomation he has about the Beach Boys. Cool Guy
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 07:58:56 AM by SMiLE Brian » Logged

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
rogerlancelot
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 07:56:03 AM »

I personally have a lot of respect for Mr. Doe. Shouldn't this thread be moved to the Sandbox?
SG7
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 07:57:15 AM »

^

And why waste time on negativity when the bloody board is finally back up [/i]
 Smiley

We're Beach Boys fans what do you expect? We are seriously the most happiest of all fanbases  Roll Eyes  Grin
rogerlancelot
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 08:02:38 AM »

Huh

Some of us enjoyed Ghost and others were offended.

AGD shares a vast wealth of credible knowledge and some are offended.

EDIT: He is kind of a butthole sometimes, eh? (Guess which one!)  Grin
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 08:15:20 AM by Hugh Jasphart » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 08:17:46 AM »

I personally have a lot of respect for Mr. Doe. Shouldn't this thread be moved to the Sandbox?

Yes,it should.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 10:16:11 PM »

I would've deleted the entire thread, personally. It's clear that Dada is just causing trouble. If he wanted to insult Andrew, he could have done so in a private message. By doing so in public, he's not only making an ass of himself, but he's doing the same to all of us by making us waste our time going to this thread.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2011, 08:41:27 PM »

Fact is, some people just can't handle the facts and reality. If you want to keep your head in your little happy la-la-land and think that if you believe it it must be true, then yes, stay away from AGD. If you want intelligence, logic, clearheadedness, and honesty (however brutal it may seem), you can't go wrong with AGD.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Jason
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2011, 08:43:38 PM »

Hello?!?!? WHINE-ONE-ONE? I need

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2011, 12:22:55 AM »

It's just disappointing that you helped chase out people like Bill Tobelman (it wasn't all your fault, others got just as childish - including Bill after he was provoked enough).

No-one chased Bill out - he still posts, and he has my lasting respect for not only doing a huge amount of original research on his theory, but also being fully prepared to admit that part of it - based on the Cheetah Surfing Saints piece - was invalid when it was proven that the SS article was nothing to do with BW in any way.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: