gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680853 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 07:02:58 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The "Leila Revelation"  (Read 66673 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 16, 2011, 06:32:36 PM »

Too many spoilers

I'm outta here

Brian's Trip

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 16, 2011, 06:37:21 PM »

GODDAMNIT! WHY DID I READ?!?!?!?!??!?!?? I SHAT MYSELF!

A discipline daddy.
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 16, 2011, 06:47:23 PM »

goshdarnIT! WHY DID I READ?!?!?!?!??!?!?? I SHAT MYSELF!

runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 16, 2011, 06:50:30 PM »

Surf's Up: Ive described this too-it's like the version on the Surf's Up album from 1971, only with Brian's vocals over the first section instead of Carl's. Everything else is there though, the "bygones" and also Carl sings the 'canvas the town…' line after verse 1 and 2. Section 2 is just Brain and the piano again, and this time there's no 70s Moog overdubs. The tag is the full vocal section with all the Beach Boys, but it sounds different here and there, I'm pretty sure it's a new mix.

While going through YouTube to delete Smile fan mixes, mine was heard and had stolen from it, clearly. *cries*

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 16, 2011, 06:54:13 PM »

Wow that's certainly a lot to take in...damn.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 16, 2011, 06:55:40 PM »

Also

Holidays: Great to hear this in primo quality at last, but the ending crossfades into the Whispering Winds vocals at the end like BWPS, which drives me nuts.

Fuckin' hell Sad

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 16, 2011, 09:05:15 PM »

the one thing i didn't want was just the BWPS arrangements on every song put in it.  i'm still holding out for it not being just the bare bones stuff.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 16, 2011, 09:43:01 PM »

the one thing i didn't want was just the BWPS arrangements on every song put in it.  i'm still holding out for it not being just the bare bones stuff.

As a template, I think it was a cool idea. What else could they really do? But some of this stuff, such as the "Woo woo"ness in after "Worms" and the fucking "whispering winds" vocals, in a totally different key, being pasted over the end of "Holidays" just goes too far.

Tell me it's okay.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Micha
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: October 16, 2011, 09:48:24 PM »

I think it was a very interesting read, can't wait to hear the tracks - the listening experience isn't spoiled fpr me at all. Smiley

Ceterum censeo SMiLEBrianum OSDumque esse excludendos banno.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 17, 2011, 02:11:03 AM »

SPOILER ALERT!

Thanks to Leila & Pals for the info.

Finally the info on the two parted H&V. Fascinating to hear the sequence for part 2. I assumed it would start with Gee, and run through the same sections up to dut,dut, dut but was curious about the ending. That's definitely a surprise. I have often put western theme followed by either tag to part 1 or the False Barnyard re-record at the end of Heroes part 1. I think Priore claims that they have followed Brian's notes for this mix so maybe there is a reason that those sections feature at the end of part 2. I hope they haven't just made it up. Either way, it's cool to have an 'official' part 1 & 2 mix. Can't wait to hear it.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
desmondo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: October 17, 2011, 03:57:16 AM »

Whilst it all sounds great, I would only point out that it wasn't the Foreign Secretary but the Defence Secretary who lost his job - not that I am casting doubt on the post at all - just saying

Cheers

Richard
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: October 17, 2011, 03:59:08 AM »

Whilst it all sounds great, I would only point out that it wasn't the Foreign Secretary but the Defence Secretary who lost his job - not that I am casting doubt on the post at all - just saying

As I just posted on the Hoff board too, there's no mention of the hidden track 28 at the end of Disc One, which you'd think would merit some mention  –  these folk clearly don't believe in holding back from spoilers!

“We live in divisive times.”
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: October 17, 2011, 04:33:48 AM »

As I just posted on the Hoff board too, there's no mention of the hidden track 28 at the end of Disc One, which you'd think would merit some mention  –  these folk clearly don't believe in holding back from spoilers!

I'm pretty convinced that they're hearing what they claim to be hearing, based on the fact others who've also heard it (Mr Schneider for one) are not crying 'Hoax' at all. The sub plot about the job in parliament could well be a put on though!

I'm sure the omission of track 28 may just be an oversight, or maybe they stopped listening to disc 1 before the hidden track came in!

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
LonelyDays
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: October 17, 2011, 05:20:22 AM »

Weren't they streaming it? Maybe the hidden tracks weren't steamed.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: October 17, 2011, 05:25:02 AM »

Read about the first disc and part of the 2nd but it was just giving too much detail and I stopped  LOL

The Barnyard master take really opened my eyes. That's gonna be interesting to hear.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: October 17, 2011, 06:35:47 AM »

Weren't they streaming it? Maybe the hidden tracks weren't steamed.

Correct... but neither were the tracks from the 2nd CD of the 2CD set.  Wink

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: October 17, 2011, 06:37:03 AM »

Indeed - someone's trying way too hard to establish a persona.  Grin

MJP
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: October 17, 2011, 07:29:31 AM »

Just my opinion but I can't help but feel disappointed.  I always thought the boots sounded great so the sound is no big deal for me.  I was hoping they would find more lead vocals, unique acetates and mixes.

Like the Orson Welle's orignal cut of The Magnificent Amberson it appears that it is not meant to be.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #293 on: October 17, 2011, 07:40:50 AM »

I always thought the boots sounded great so the sound is no big deal for me.

You're kidding, right ?  Please tell me you're kidding.  Shocked

desmondo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: October 17, 2011, 07:47:45 AM »

Indeed - someone's trying way too hard to establish a persona.  Grin

Also you could have written the latest missive after reading reaction both on the Hoff board and here - a question of fill in the gaps - just saying

Cheers

Richard
MJP
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: October 17, 2011, 07:49:51 AM »

I always thought the Sea of Tunes  and Vigotones boots sounded fine.  Not perfect but more than acceptable.  The reality is that there isn't a lot of revelations on The Smile Sessions it appears.  Hey, they have nice artwork, vinyl and a great liner notes etc.

None I repeat none of the holy grail is in this box.  The stuff is lost or erased.  End of story.

We get a nice Wild Honey outtake and that's about it.
homeontherange
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: October 17, 2011, 08:03:56 AM »

I always thought the Sea of Tunes  and Vigotones boots sounded fine.  Not perfect but more than acceptable.  The reality is that there isn't a lot of revelations on The Smile Sessions it appears.  Hey, they have nice artwork, vinyl and a great liner notes etc.

None I repeat none of the holy grail is in this box.  The stuff is lost or erased.  End of story.

Yeah, that's pretty disappointing. I think they did the best they could though. At least we get cool new photos, some new session excerpts and the music is (I hope) in much better quality!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #297 on: October 17, 2011, 08:09:03 AM »

Slightly more than that: the audio quality is pristine, and there's at least two titles that 99% of fans have never heard before (although I'll grant you that "Teeter-Totter Love" is the bastard son of Wild Man Fischer & Mrs. Miller).

MJP
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: October 17, 2011, 08:20:14 AM »

Don't get me wrong I'm happy that its being released.  I'll be buying it but I have a feeling this puppy will be selling for  1/2 the price in six months.

But I've heard all this stuff.  It's not going to be the same experience as when I heard the boots for the 1st time.  I was hoping for more than the same old same old.  Hey, I've been jaded when it come to Smile.

Where's Priore's Surf's Up complete 1967 mix?  Complete BS.  Bruce's unreleased H&V mix?  Complete BS.

In a way, this is the definitve Beach Boys bootleg.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 17, 2011, 08:22:31 AM »

Some folk.

This makes me think of those folk who express disappointment when their first-born isn't the gender they'd hoped for.

We're getting SMiLE, warts and all.

We've waited 46 years for this bundle of joy … there's a box set about to be born. Pretty soon I'll put Disc One on my CD player, and its little tunes will be playing to me, and I tell you…

Oh poo, it's a girl and it's got red hair. Can I get my money back?

Why are folk so negative?   Undecided

“We live in divisive times.”
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx