gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681510 Posts in 27640 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 10, 2024, 04:26:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: In The Key Of Disney  (Read 136961 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 17, 2011, 07:09:50 PM »

How the hell did they get the lyrics wrong  LOL

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 18, 2011, 03:03:19 AM »

Have we all listened to this with a good set of phones? This is great..Colours of the wind is awesome..

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: October 18, 2011, 01:05:18 PM »

I don't know if this has been posted already, but 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight' is streaming here.
http://www.spinner.com/2011/10/18/brian-wilson-can-you-feel-the-love-tonight-the-lion-king/?icid=acm50exclusive101811

I didn't expect anything from this song. I never liked the original and I expected this to be a load of cheese, but this version gave me some serious goosebumps. Very pretty arrangement. Not one of Brian's best vocals, but it doesn't matter, it works and he sounds convincing.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 01:14:00 PM by shelter » Logged
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: October 18, 2011, 01:28:53 PM »

After listening to some samples, decided to cancel my Amazon CD order. I figure I'll just listen on Spotify.

The samples I've heard aren't getting me that excited. It's also really looking like a bad choice to release it the week before SMiLE  LOL
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: October 18, 2011, 02:24:38 PM »

What!? Come on, it's Brian Wilson! And from what I've heard from it it'll be worth the money, imo.

Personally, I think these songs will sound great when there isn't a backdrop of Billboard.com or a shoddy computer animation to ruin the vibe.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: October 18, 2011, 02:27:52 PM »

the leaked version , for the past 2 weeks or so, sounds great.

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: October 18, 2011, 03:21:11 PM »

I'll buy it when my wallet recovers from TSS.... Which may not sound very sporting, but I've heard the leak and there are only a couple of songs I dig. I will buy it, just not on vinyl like with BWRG.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: October 18, 2011, 03:33:58 PM »

What!? Come on, it's Brian Wilson! And from what I've heard from it it'll be worth the money, imo.

Personally, I think these songs will sound great when there isn't a backdrop of Billboard.com or a shoddy computer animation to ruin the vibe.

True.

Jeez, now I'm not sure whether to add it back in the cart lol.
TV Forces
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: October 18, 2011, 06:59:12 PM »

I agree.  Support Brian.  He's working hard to put himself out there and I really appreciate it.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #734 on: October 19, 2011, 12:49:02 AM »

It's also really looking like a bad choice to release it the week before SMiLE  LOL

So call Disney and give them a hard time.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
John Stivaktas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #735 on: October 19, 2011, 01:25:28 AM »

It's also really looking like a bad choice to release it the week before SMiLE  LOL

Yeah...TWDC.Corp.Communications@disney.com

"It's more blessed to give than receive"

“For me, making music has always been a very spiritual thing, and I think anybody who produces records has to feel that, at least a little bit. Producing a record . . . the idea of taking a song, envisioning the overall sound in my head and then bringing the arrangement to life in the studio . . . well, that gives me satisfaction like nothing else.”

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: October 19, 2011, 02:30:37 AM »

Given that all the SMiLE promo seems to be coming from Brian's camp, I'm assuming that for once they know what they're doing in releasing Disney at that time.  I'm certainly not objecting.  It's like having several cakes and eating them.

“We live in divisive times.”
Iron Horse-Apples
« Reply #737 on: October 19, 2011, 02:58:29 AM »

Am I alone in not being that interested or impressed by BWRG or this album?

It all sounds nice, but the arrangements to me sound "Brian By Numbers"

His voice does sounds fantastic, but I want to hear an album of BW originals, actually arranged and produced by him. Give my GIOMH over Imagination any day

I feel bad writing this, and I'm pleased he's recording something that he's obviously into, and enjoys, but the selfishness of a fan kicks in. His voice here raises my expectations, but I want the originality of "Love You". I want a Brian Wilson album, not what his managers think he should be doing. I want quirky songs about his shoes, or eating steaks!

I want my Brian Wilson.

Poor guy.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: October 19, 2011, 03:17:55 AM »

Naw, I feel similarly. I mean these're cool albums, he does sound good on them (he sounded a lot better on the Gershwin album, though), but hrm. I guess it's just the sad realization that he's not getting younger and I'd rather hear more originals than covers albums from him with the time he has left, provided he's into the idea. I'm glad these were banged out so quickly, though, as I was afraid they'd take much longer.

So yerp, hopefully it's originals after this. Again, above all, I'd rather he did what he wanted. I know the Disney album was required of him contractually, but he wanted to do the Gershwin album. He sounds a lot more engaged and involved on the latter, truthfully. But his talk of a rock album etc. (however long he's been talking about it) leads me to believe he's still interested in writing and recording. TLOS was certainly a success on a number of levels, too.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: October 19, 2011, 04:14:39 AM »

I'm not opposed to BW doing covers in general. "I'm Into Something Good" sounded like he was really into it. It had that quirky qiuality of some of the better cover songs on 15 Big Ones and that's absolutely fine with me. Doing covers has been a big part of his regular output ever since the American Spring album I think.

The Disney stuff, however, really doesn't seem to work for me. To my ears there's nothing particularly special about "Can You Feel the Love Tonight".
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: October 19, 2011, 04:17:53 AM »

I'm not opposed to BW doing covers in general. "I'm Into Something Good" sounded like he was really into it. It had that quirky qiuality of some of the better cover songs on 15 Big Ones and that's absolutely fine with me. Doing covers has been a big part of his regular output ever since the American Spring album I think.

Definitely not opposed to covers, but the last two albums have been nothing but (sans the two co-writes on the Gershwin album). That's the only thing I was worried about, really.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: October 19, 2011, 04:23:10 AM »

Definitely not opposed to covers, but the last two albums have been nothing but (sans the two co-writes on the Gershwin album). That's the only thing I was worried about, really.

Oh yes, too many of them and not much songwriting of his own. The rock'n'roll album could probably provide a nice balance of both; enough cover songs to make the guy feel comfortable and enough new material to really satisfy the fans.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #742 on: October 19, 2011, 04:37:40 AM »

Since "Surfin' USA", if you ask me...  Roll Eyes

Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: October 19, 2011, 06:58:57 AM »

Yes, but I feel Disney can make people disappear if you know what I mean  LOL
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #744 on: October 19, 2011, 07:03:13 AM »

This is true - you seen Walt recently ?  'Xactly.  Grin

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: October 19, 2011, 08:37:43 AM »

This is true - you seen Walt recently ?  'Xactly.  Grin

Maybe his (true) family too -  there's a small Spanish fishing village where locals claim Walt was born to a fish wife, fathered by that fish wife's "friend".  Implication is the story was stamped on by the Corp.

Watch what you say guys!

“We live in divisive times.”
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #746 on: October 19, 2011, 10:34:50 AM »

There has to be some reason Mickey wears white gloves...
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #747 on: October 19, 2011, 10:50:36 AM »

because otherwise you'd have to see his hands, and even though we're comfortable with anthropomorphic animals, mice with hands are just a little too creepy for most people.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #748 on: October 20, 2011, 10:30:47 AM »

There has to be some reason Mickey wears white gloves...

Trust me, you don't want to know the reason unless you have a very strong stomach...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: October 21, 2011, 11:22:54 PM »

For anybody who avoided the leak or whatever, the album is up to stream in full here

http://disney.go.com/official-sites/brian-wilson/albums?int_cmp=brw_hwr_insider_180x150_listennow_Intl

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx