gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681220 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 29, 2024, 06:45:45 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 35 Go Down Print
Author Topic: In The Key Of Disney  (Read 136483 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #625 on: September 23, 2011, 11:11:06 AM »

I come here to discuss the BB...

... oh, and piss people off. It's what I do, and I'm damn good at it.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #626 on: September 23, 2011, 11:13:45 AM »

Well, if Ghost was indeed like Hitler, I take back my former post and say good riddance.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 23, 2011, 11:16:41 AM »

Third time round for Nobody/SocoldIgoburr/Ghost. Often his posts were funny and he obviously has a interest in the Beach Boys, but in the last few days he did overstep the mark on several occasions. He had several warnings which went unheeded so his banning was justified. No doubt he'll be back under a different name next year. And if his mention of suicide was sincere then he should seek help. If it was just to shock/gain attention then shame on him.

Anyway, I thought I'd established myself as the "comic relief" on this board so screw that guy!!

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 23, 2011, 11:18:09 AM »

... oh, and piss people off. It's what I do, and I'm damn good at it.

And appreciated for it! ... Sorry, I guess that makes me a minion. Darn.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 23, 2011, 11:20:46 AM »

If ghost only had a little common sense and heeded Billy & Jason's warnings, he'd still be here. Most of us never asked or told him to stop, but to just tone it down a little bit. The Mods are here to keep peace and order. They did what they were forced to do.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: September 23, 2011, 11:22:28 AM »

The Song "Kiss the Girl", was that by (shudder) Peter Andre originally?

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #631 on: September 23, 2011, 11:26:23 AM »

"'Disney" doesn't have to be synonymous with "no edge" (see Hal Wilner's "Stay Awake" 1988).' Doesn't have to be, but a lot of it is, especially the latter day stuff is. Sugary sentimental Disneyland/gurning Uncle Walt-ish crap that often does the superb animation (and animators) no credit.

Should have been a Chrismas album. That said, there are some pretty good vocals, especially Colours, as AGD said.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #632 on: September 23, 2011, 11:27:21 AM »

The Song "Kiss the Girl", was that by (shudder) Peter Andre originally?

No. From The Little Mermaid.

theCOD
« Reply #633 on: September 23, 2011, 11:30:12 AM »

Well, if Ghost was indeed like Hitler, I take back my former post and say good riddance.

He was EXACTLY like Hitler.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: September 23, 2011, 11:33:10 AM »

Ghost could be a pain but have a little perspective dude.

Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: September 23, 2011, 11:37:51 AM »

Am I the only one who likes Brian's later voice? I wish he would stop trying to sound like he was 18 again.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
puni puni
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: September 23, 2011, 11:42:33 AM »

uh...
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: September 23, 2011, 11:45:42 AM »

I liked ghost. I understand why his comments over the last couple of days offended people but, you know, there are valuable members of this forum whose comments offend me, but I just get over it usually. Perhaps an ignore feature would come in handy...I don't know if you have that on thsi forum, i've seen it on other forums, though.

I don't think he should have been banned.

What he said.

Ghost claimed to be suicidal.  For all anyone knows, it could be true.  To encourage someone like that to try harder next time is internet bullying in its worst form-- where would one get the idea that that's a good thing to say to someone?!  Would you say that to a member of your own family who is having problems??  Would you want someone to say that to you, if you were considering taking your own life?  That is the most judgmental, herd-driven, primitive, disgusting, childish and unempathetic behavior possible.   Fortunately, ghost at least knew those people were just being jerks.  But what goes around comes around...

I feel like the big hairy black man who showed up at the emotions costume party (where people were to show up dressed as an emotion) nude with his penis suspended in a bowl of pudding, and the host, shocked, asked what his costume was.  The reply: "I'm f*ckin' disgusted."

I'll explain it if necessary...  Smokin

As the one who made that comment, I'll send you a pm and outline my position - I don't wanna clutter up the thread, and I don't want to seem like I'm not acknowledging it. But I do see what you mean, and I'm not proud of it on the surface.

Carry on!

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: September 23, 2011, 11:59:14 AM »

Here are the originals for all the tracks ... (Not Brian's versions, but the Disney ones.)

You've Got a Friend in Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB2gPZRsz0Q

Bare Necessities
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcglnY_xGfc

Baby Mine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CORf1liT9cE

Kiss the Girl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXmLRHnoSAs

Colors of the Wind
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkV-of_eN2w

Can You Feel the Love Tonight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9_nXlvY6Io

We Belong Together
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw7ZjO-Nf5Q

I Just Can't Wait to Be King
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxghHywGJko

Stay Awake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPw6QBSggls

Heigh-Ho / Whistle While You Work
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw4_JxmmJsI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-_3CLDUywQ

When You Wish Upon a Star
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK8ZBjRu3fs
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 01:34:06 PM by Wirestone » Logged
theCOD
« Reply #639 on: September 23, 2011, 12:02:03 PM »

Ghost could be a pain but have a little perspective dude.

Sorry, I thought my comment was too ridiculous to be taken seriously.
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #640 on: September 23, 2011, 12:04:03 PM »

Ghost might not have been your cup of tea, but comparing him to Hitler is both weak and pants-on-head retarded. Yeah, I'm looking at you, AGD.

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #641 on: September 23, 2011, 12:07:56 PM »

Am I the only one who likes Brian's later voice? I wish he would stop trying to sound like he was 18 again.

No, you're not the only one. It sounds to me like over the past few albums he has finally truly discovered how to best use his 'mature' voice.

If ghost only had a little common sense and heeded Billy & Jason's warnings, he'd still be here. Most of us never asked or told him to stop, but to just tone it down a little bit. The Mods are here to keep peace and order. They did what they were forced to do.

Thanks for understanding. To make things perfectly clear, the lat straw for me was his post immediately after I advised him this was his final warning. If he had heeded it, we might not be having this discussion now. More likely, we still would be but it would have happened an hour or two later. LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: September 23, 2011, 12:09:19 PM »

Ghost might not have been your cup of tea, but comparing him to Hitler is both weak and pants-on-head retarded. Yeah, I'm looking at you, AGD.
I'm not here to defend Andrew, as I know he can handle that by himself, but when exactly did AGD compare ghost to Hitler?  I thought it was theCOD who said that.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 12:10:40 PM by LostArt » Logged
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #643 on: September 23, 2011, 12:10:32 PM »

I'm not here to defend Andrew, as I know he can handle that by himself, but when exactly did AGD compare ghost to Hitler?  I thought it was theCOD that said that.

Previous page:

I come here to discuss the BB, not wade thigh-deep through a flood of juvenile gibberish - Sandbox is that way.  Guy was an butthole, good riddance. Hitler was responsible for the Beetle, autobahns and rocket propulsion - that make him an OK guy ? Don't think so, especially if you have my ancestry.

LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: September 23, 2011, 12:12:36 PM »

I'm not here to defend Andrew, as I know he can handle that by himself, but when exactly did AGD compare ghost to Hitler?  I thought it was theCOD that said that.

Previous page:

I come here to discuss the BB, not wade thigh-deep through a flood of juvenile gibberish - Sandbox is that way.  Guy was an butthole, good riddance. Hitler was responsible for the Beetle, autobahns and rocket propulsion - that make him an OK guy ? Don't think so, especially if you have my ancestry.

Still not seeing where he compared ghost to Hitler.  I think Andrew was referring to a thread which ghost started that got deleted because ghost was defending Hitler.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 12:13:31 PM by LostArt » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: September 23, 2011, 12:18:12 PM »

I'm not here to defend Andrew, as I know he can handle that by himself, but when exactly did AGD compare ghost to Hitler?  I thought it was theCOD that said that.

Previous page:

I come here to discuss the BB, not wade thigh-deep through a flood of juvenile gibberish - Sandbox is that way.  Guy was an butthole, good riddance. Hitler was responsible for the Beetle, autobahns and rocket propulsion - that make him an OK guy ? Don't think so, especially if you have my ancestry.

Still not seeing where he compared ghost to Hitler.  I think Andrew was referring to a thread which ghost started that got deleted because ghost was defending Hitler.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

He changed beach boys songs to include nazi references.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #646 on: September 23, 2011, 12:20:35 PM »

Previous page:

I think you are. As I understand it, he is replying to people who argued Ghost had his good moments and thoughts, if you disregarded the trolling and attention-seeking. To which AGD replied Hitler had his good sides too. Which is probably true by the way, but the comparison is still ridiculous. Ghost didn't kill millions of people because they hated Love You.

Nothing really offends me (that's what the internet does to you), but I could definitely understand if someone thought AGD's comment was more offensive than anything Ghost had said - because everything Ghost was saying had humor in it. AGD's comment is just mean.

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 23, 2011, 12:20:40 PM »

Somewhere ghost is laughing his ass off because a day after he has been banned a thread is still OT talking about him.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #648 on: September 23, 2011, 12:33:27 PM »

AGD's comment is just mean.

Yeah, I'm mean. The world is mean. Get used to it.

Here we have a place called "The Sandbox" for people who feel impelled to spout OT drivel and disrupt threads. Someone elected not to use it, was warned, ignored that, got his ass banned. I say, good.

As for the Hitler comparison, if you think I was being in any way serious, you don't know very much about me at all. Sometimes you must exaggerate to make a point.

Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 23, 2011, 12:34:40 PM »

You know, "Key of Disney", in its entirety, is obviously out there and up for grabs even before its offered for sale. And the tracks can all be heard on YouTube.

There are those who will buy this CD anyway (or download it through the legal channels) and there are others, who after listening to it, will change their minds and decide not to buy it and just hang onto their bootlegged download copy.

Just an observation. Wow, have times changed. Options and choices. Though obviously not their intention, but it's almost like those 'bonus' Christmas tracks that Brian offered for free on his web site a few years ago.....

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 35 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx